What does your user name say about you?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Deborah, Jul 19, 2011.

1. thecynicalone

thecynicalone New Member

Thecynicalone

Can be taken two ways

The Cynical One

or The Cynic Alone

I tend to be cynical more often than not.

2. white_china

white_china New Member

Although I trace my Chinese roots back to my great (or great great) grandparents, people sometimes ask if I am Chinese. I've been called a china doll as a little girl and on rare occassions as an adult. And my past life memory is of a Chinese concubine/Mongolian princess.

After registering for this forum, I realized that white_china was a combination of two online usernames: a guy I met online months ago (whom I think I may have a past life connection) had a username that translates to "white comet," and I used a similar "china"-inspired username until we stopped communicating. So much for trying to forget all these little details about him...

3. Sawol

Sawol full-time procrastinator

I think I already told a little bit about my username in my original introductory post but for those who never saw it; sawol is the old English word for 'soul'. Germanic in origin. Later on when linguistic variety increased as well as the number of 'English speakers' there were many different written forms during the Middle English time period (also due to there being no standard form).

4. Irina

Irina New Member

Just my first name. ;)

5. HUMMINGBIRD1113

HUMMINGBIRD1113 New Member

HUMMINGBIRD1113

My user name I started using after my matrix like experience with a hummingbird. I had recently been into all of the new age "living in the now" not the past or future. (Deepak Chopra) I had read about how when people are really present or "in the zone" that time seems to stand still. One day I was standing outside and feeling so blessed and happy and really just present. A hummingbird flew right in front of my face to the tree next to me. I watched it and it flew back to me, inches from my face and just stared at me. We held eye contact and his little head was tilted looking deep into my eyes. At that moment everything slowed down and I could see his wings in detail. They seemed to be moving in slow motion and I could see every detail. He stared at me for what seemed like forever and then just flew away. I cried! I had to catch my breath, it was like the matrix movie when time slows down. Now I see them all the time and I never want to forget what is possible in this world. The 11 13 have always been my favorite numbers, then a few years ago I looked at my birth certificate and I was born at 11:13 p.m.

6. Mimic

Mimic New Member

I chose "mimic" for a couple reasons.

The first being I am a twin. The second I have a weird tendency to mimic accents I am exposed to. When I speak French I don't sound like an anglophone - but have been asked if I have one french-speaking parent or if I was from France by people from Quebec. (I am pretty much fully bilingual- but became so as an adult).

7. pollygunner

pollygunner New Member

I am a huge dog lover, so my user name is the names of my dogs.

8. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

It seems that I personally never responded in this thread. Now I go by this name for myself, kmatjhwy, on several forums it seems. It is just an abbreviated name for myself and where I live. It means, km - my initials, at Jackson Hole, Wyoming of where I live.

On another forum and several other places sometimes go by the name of 'Lone Eagle Woman' also.

9. Jhana

Jhana J

My handle was indeed very personal once

Not that I should say it isn't anymore, but it does not consume me as much any more as it did when I changed my name for myself.

A vedic side-real revealed to me that my name, according to my birth data in Vedic Astrology should start with either - I forgot... or Jha, Ja, or etc., etc...

It was a time of playful exploration and learning in different systems of astrology that led me to learn the Hindu version in depth because I wanted to understand it and at the same time use it to "flee" out of my perceived misery. At that time in my life I had endured several personal hardships at once and sank deeply into my inner world which I filled with my dreams, memories, composing and song-writing, books and vision-interpretations after my daily Kundalini Yoga sessions. I experienced a spontaneous Kundalini rising in 2004 without any yogic practice which drove me further into states of what K.G. Jung would warn of easily possibly being able to become mistaken for symptoms similar to schizophrenia. Very soon after the Kundalini rose (out of control) I took up Kundalini Yoga to tame the beast.

When I chose Jhana I based this choice on my realization that I had experienced most of the documented Janas or Jhanas in Buddhist literature. I loved to hang out in any given Jhana when it befell me and the states occurred naturally and spontaneously on every account. Things happened just before I was informed about them by either finding literature or seeking it out to derive confirmations, conclusions and encouragement for my Tao.

Much later I found out by coincidence that this name means "That by which is gained."

I guess I'm happy with this meaning for having gained so much love, understanding, insight and compassion for all that is when I can keep in consciousness in the higher vibrations so necessary for all of us in any moment in any lifetime, which is always now. :angel:

10. linalin

linalin New Member

My user name, linalin, is a pet name from my mom :) It's always been something special to me (even though it's a derivative of my middle name and not my first) and I seem to choose it as a name often :)

11. Alexius

Alexius New Member

Name: Alex

I suspect that were reincarnation a verifiably extant phenomenon in a more statistically reliable sense, that I would have had the same name (or a close derivative) for a number of different lifetimes!

12. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Interesting thought...going from past to current, and with the lives I have so far ascertained, my given names were Thomas, Vinson, Vinson (nephew of previous Vinson) and Scott. I know there were three other lives between Thomas and the first Vinson, and one after the second Vinson, though I have not obtained names for those lives yet. O's and S's seem to prevail, but nothing greater that I can see.

13. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

My sister got my previous name while my current sounds nothing like it. Although my friend has the same (nearly and in a manner of speaking) last name and my son's and wife's have the same pattern / sound / syllables as their previous ones. My dad's is close as well.

But that's all the most recent life, I don't know about anything previous to that..

14. ElisaD

ElisaD New Member

I spent days thinking what nickname i should use.. and just came up with my real name, as i always liked my name, i have a feeling its also not too different from my name in a past life.. also like the combinations, Marie- Elisabeth, Marie Elise, Eloise, etc...

The ''D'' is just the beginning of my Surname, as someone on this forum already picked 'Elisa' as a stand alone :)

Not original, but oh well .... ;)

15. Ankhesenamun

Ankhesenamun New Member

My username is the name I had in my former life in Ancient Egypt. I consider it to be my real name since the person I was then is who I really am.

16. liberty

liberty New Member

I had a (highly unprofitable but fun) bookstore for a year named Liberty Books. In 2008, I'd just researched the facts behind 9/11 for the first time with high-speed internet. I discovered an elite shadow world I didn't know existed, run by an inbred, psychopathic international oligarchy going back generations. I filled notebooks and hard drives with the information I was gathering, each thread of which I would follow up until I was convinced of its truth or falsehood. It took 2 years of nonstop research to flesh out the links between the various systems (banking, political, medical, big pharma, big oil, big ag, all the big players worldwide), but I finally understood the way the world works for the very first time. I was gung-ho to get this information into people's hands and spent a small fortune on books, DVDs, audio CDs, DVD duplicators and printing ink. Liberty--- its pursuit and protection-- was my theme. I even bought a couple hundred miniature Liberty bells to give away with my business cards. My email address had liberty in it and I've used it in various places on the web.

But now it has greater meaning as a theme of my life. Unlocking myself and letting myself out of my self-imposed cage is my present life's work. The lady with the digging bar I found somewhere in an image. She really speaks to me, with the strong shoulders and look of calm determination, fully adept with that bar. Whether she is creating something or tearing something down, it doesn't matter. She is completely feminine, beautiful yet strong and muscular. She embodies all the qualities I wish to have in myself (and do in ways). I'm sure there is a huge past life link there somewhere.

I love this thread! Now I know more about each of you hug2.gif

AssassinAnime likes this.
  17. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

This is an interesting thread. I chose "BriarRose" because my detractors would say I can be somewhat "thorny".I have red hair, hence "Rose". You probably all remember that "Briar Rose" was Sleeping Beauty's childhood name in the Disney cartoon. As for the "sleeping beauty" connection, aren't we all? We "sleep" (drift?) between lives, and if we're lucky, someone(or something) wakes us up in this one.

18. LadyJrhi

LadyJrhi New Member

Lady is a nod to my spiritual path and degrees there. J is my first initial (my given name is Janet) and Rhi is short for Rhiannon which I feel has been my name in the past. When I pronounce it, it always comes out Lady Zhree

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2012
  19. Calla

Calla New Member

I use Calla for a couple of reasons. It is my given first name (calla lilies being my mom's favorite flower when I was born and named), and I've also had a fascination with the calla lily flower for as long as I can remember. I love the various things you can symbolize with a calla lily, from innocence to death to rebirth. I also like how they can be beautiful or poisonous depending on how you use them. ;)

20. ladonnacuriosa

ladonnacuriosa New Member

La Donna Curiosa :: The Curious Woman

21. Yellow Roses

Yellow Roses New Member

Yellow Roses

Yellow Roses for my grandmother and her sister, who grew the most amazing roses, and were from Texas. The two of them raised me until I started school, and loved me unconditionally. Also yellow roses are the symbol of remembrance. Roses were a symbol of a past-life family, so it works that way too.

Was registered at this site under another name, and when I came back after a couple of years could not remember it for the life of me, and yellow roses is better anyhow.

22. ‘TisMe

‘TisMe New Member

I chose mine because I often wonder is it me staring out amongst the sepia canvas.

23. shamblescross

shamblescross New Member

My name is stolen from a book I read a while ago.... It's a place name in the book(s), but it struck me as a place name for where I was at the time, and continue to be- I spent my school years in a conservative Christian private school, though never quite fell in to the beliefs. My cross is in shambles!

24. Whippoorwill

Whippoorwill Senior Registered

I've loved reading this thread. I feel like I know you all a little better!

I spent a long time thinking of a name. I wanted something different from my other usernames, as this is quite a personal topic for me. I usually try to think of song lyrics I like and there's a particular song I love by The Decemberists, although I can't bear to listen to it sometimes, it makes me so sad, as it echoes one of my lives. The last few lines are:

"But oh, my love, though our bodies may be parted

Though our skin may not touch skin

Look for me with the sun-bright sparrow

I will come on the breath of the wind."

So I was going to go with SunBrightSparrow, but it's so... perky! I kept the bird theme but opted for a more lonesome, nocturnal bird. Whippoorwills always seem to crop up in the county/folk songs I like and I once read a legend about them sensing when a soul left it's body. Having said all this, I've never heard one, so perhaps I'm romanticising them somewhat!

PS @ argonne1918, I think I'd have been 113 this year, so we'd be a similar age!

25. Arynleigh

Arynleigh New Member

What my name says about me...

"Arynleigh" is an alternate spelling of my actual name.

It means PEACE/ IRELAND & HEALER/ MEADOW. Any way you mix and match, it still resonates with me. My grandmother, whom I've never known, chose my name. I keep it because I believe we're strongly bonded, and she knew very well what she was doing when she chose it. <3

26. Astrolabe

Astrolabe New Member

I just found this forum. I chose my name because over several lifetimes I have had an extremely close connection to the ocean, particularly in sailing. Not so much in this one, but the affinity is there. An astrolabe is an ancient form of compass and I feel a sense of deep comfort when I think of compasses of any kind.

27. Anaxagoras

Anaxagoras Senior Registered

Anaxagoras was an interesting guy, a pre-Socratic Greek philosopher.

Can't fault him there.

28. HeatherMarie

HeatherMarie New Member

My screen name is just my first and middle name. Perhaps I should have been more creative? Lol :rolleyes:

29. Nymphaea

Nymphaea New Member

My nickname is a name of my favourite flower and it's similar to 'nymph' - a few times i heard i look like nymph because had for years very long hair.

30. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

My is from many sources

I think I was poet during shakespear time.

And I think I was Magician or Warlock

as they described in the bible.

I always had alot interest in wizards and magic.

when I was kid.