What is the purpose of reincarnation if the Universe is a hologram?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by LifePurpose, Dec 14, 2010.

1. LifePurpose

LifePurpose New Member

Hi, everyone -

For as long as I can remember (since i was around 5 or 6 or so), i've always known and felt reincarnation to be the path of our souls. I've always just "known" and "felt" that each of us is a small flicker of flame of a larger ball of fire. I've always believed we are all a piece of the whole. And I felt that everything in the world was also another piece of the whole, but in a different way. It was somewhat hard for me to put into words or explain to others something I've just always known and felt for myself.

So, i was really intrigued within the past couple months when i found out about the Universe as a Hologram theory. I felt this theory seemed to explain these ideas that have always just been a part of my "knowing," and began to get excited that there were detailed explanations on how we could all be a small part of the whole.

But this discovery of the Universe as a Hologram theory also brought forth for me something that shook me to the very core, and actually made me question my belief into whether reincarnation is real: If we truly do have access to every single experience that every other human flicker has had at any given point, what, then, would the purpose of reincarnation be? Why would we even need to incarnate at all if (to quote a song) "it's all been done before?"

If the Universe is a Hologram, and we are all just mini-projectors, why could we not just view anyone else's movie at any given time? What is the true purpose of reincarnation, from a "Universe is a Hologram" perspective?

I really need to know this - it's been troubling me for weeks now, and has had a very disturbing and real effect on me and my existence.

Thank you in advance for your kind replies.

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

Hi LifePurpose! Welcome, again, to the Forum!

I find your question intriguing and insightful as well as extremely important. The same question has crossed my mind not that long ago, and I can't say that I'm any closer to the truth, myself. Another question that was closely entangled with this is, "If we are all part of one whole consciousness, where does our sense of 'self' end up?"

I have to admit that I have since grown more comfortable with the 'annihilation of self' as referenced by some Buddhists, because I have understood the nature of ego a little better. So, the second question that I posed might help to answer half of your question.

As for the part of your question dealing with the purpose of reincarnation in a holographic paradigm, I can only speculate that the experience of living so many lives has deeper significance than the mere witnessing of those lives as if on a documentary or in a textbook.

While growing up during these past 63 years, I have often confronted my horrible mistakes with the resentful excuse that no one ever provided me with a dependable guide book. If I had known that my choices were wrong, after all, I wouldn't have made them. Yet, some people seem to know, without question, what the right choices should be. It is as if they have already made their own mistakes before. This is probably one of the many reasons you and I both believe in reincarnation.

So, what if we did have a dependable guidebook from the beginning of time? Would we have been able to understand it without the benefit of experience? This implies, perhaps, that there are two kinds of knowledge; one which is already part of our holographic entanglement, and one which is obtained through subsequent experience.

I don't know if the holographic paradigm suggests that there are countless copies of our identity, all dealing with the same circumstances. I do, however, feel that there is much more to us and our reality than we could ever fully comprehend. And, if holography is an interesting concept, I think it is because it helps to understand how we are all connected. Within you lies the seed of the entire universe. No matter how far apart we may seem from each other, we are still connected; and experience is how we learn to recognize each other.

3. Merlin

Merlin New Member

Hi LifePurpose,

Interesting question. Sorry you're having trouble with finding an answer.

Whether you choose to go with the Doctrine of Reincarnation or the Hologram theory is a matter of personal choice, depending on which one feels 'right' to you.

Consider though, that two thirds of the Earth's population live, breath and believe in reincarnation.

It has been around for many thousands of years, and has been verified and re-verified by sages and mystics throughout the ages.

The Hologram theory on the other hand, seems to me to be a construct of mind, recently expounded, and put forward as just that: a theory. Perhaps in a few thousand years, if it's still around, it could be explored further. The Universe may indeed behave somewhat like a hologram at times, but reincarnation provides a complete system. Choose your belief.

Because of your question I took the time to familiarise myself with the various posts about the Hologram theory. Personally, I choose to stick with reincarnation, but that is only my own personal choice.

The purpose of reincarnation is for the evolution of the soul, and also has the added bonus of being able to explain the concepts put forward in the hologram theory.

Good luck. Have fun exploring the Universe.

Regards,

Merlin6

4. Merlin

Merlin New Member

Me again.

Just found a reference which may throw a little light on the subject.

Quote: “ How do we know there is an afterlife? According to Buddhism, although the nature of cause and effect may be different, they must have the same essential properties, they must have a definite connection. For instance, the human body can be perceived, it has form and colour; and therefore, its immediate source or cause must also have these qualities. But mind is formless, and hence its immediate source or cause must also be formless. Both mind and body begin in this life as soon as conception occurs. The immediate source of the body is that of its parents. But physical matter cannot produce mind, nor mind matter. The immediate source of a mind must therefore be a mind which existed before conception took place; The mind must have a continuity from a previous mind. This we hold to prove the existence of a past life. It has been demonstrated by the accounts of adults and children who remember their past lives. On this basis, we conclude that past life existed, and then that future life will exist also."

From "Reincarnation, The Second Chance" by Sybil Leek.

Regards

Merlin6

5. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

I had a NDE in 1978 and reflected upon the 'slight memories' of the experience often and spoke to friends about it. The 'whole' of out 'out of body' trip into the is veiled when you wake back up in the physical body again. (See: Forgotten Knowledge)

There was one point I recalled vividly and spoke about it often. I wrote a poem about it. (All in all is all.) When my spirit was on the way 'there' - from 'here' - my spirit turned to see the globe spinning. In that moment - my spirit knew ever single person alive on the planet - as well as their entire history in this world. No one was a stranger to my spirit. (Of course when I woke back up - I couldn't even recall my relatives name.) There - it was a 'unision' of sorts - more so than a 'oneness' of mind. So - even though I could see and know the history of others and that it was a 'part of me' somehow - those other six billion souls - were not me. They were not having my experience as much as their own. I could just tap into the history of it as if it was my own.

I was speaking with some young friends about the insights I had from the NDE concerning reincarnation. It was hard for my friends to make sense out of me coming back 'here' - from 'there' much less - wanting to come back into a new body. My friends were asking me the same thing. What is the point of it all?

One of my friends liked to play a certain video game at the arcade. I stopped our conversation about reincarnation and asked him if he would like take a trip to the video arcade to play his favorite game. He was the type that got into his game and would get agitated, aggravated and upset while playing the game.

After the game was over and we were driving back home - I asked him,

"What is the point of playing that game like you do? Why bother taking the drive to the arcade to play it - if all you going to do is get upset and frustrated while your in the game play?"

He told me,

"There is no point to it. It is just fun. That's all."

I told him,

"Exactly. When you understand that from the point of view I saw it on the other side - then you know what I am talking about when it comes to reincarnation. There is no point. It is just fun. Maybe you don't understand that now - because - your in the middle of the game. But on your ride home after you die - I guarantee you - you will understand that perfectly. When you in the middle of the game and cussing at the screen play - you mind not be thinking it. But on your drive home - you will have time to reflect back on it and it will be the same as you sitting in this car looking back on that video game you just got finished playing. Here - we take it seriously. There - there is no need to take it seriously because it is all behind you. The first thing your going to say on that ride home is - I wish I could do that again."

After my NDE - I was not one who subscribed to some theory that we needed to accumulate 'frequent flyer' miles between this realm and the next - in order to retire from it all and escape the merry go round life here in human form. As spirits - we are like children who love to take a spin on the merry go round for no other reason than the thrill of it.

I couldn't relate to the theories that we were 'taking knowledge' out of this realm as much as we are trying to bring 'knowledge' into it. The challenge wasn't getting 'knowledge' out for the sake of 'individual self' - as much as the challenge was to get 'knowledge' in for the sake of the 'whole of humanity.'

That was my take on it - after that brief glimpse into the afterlife.

DK

6. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

My feelings on Reincarnation basically boils down to two simple concepts, the pursuit of any knowledge and developing the ability to learn love (be it tolerance of other beliefs, patience of others, spiritual love, or understanding of other people or other cultures, you name it).

Knowledge is gender free and neutral, if your Daughter learns to change oil in her car, or your Son learns to sew and repairs his jeans, then that knowledge can only be a good thing, it's acquiring greatly benefits you in this life and in future lives.

Years ago when I was in High School, I was on the newspaper staff as the Photographer, now this was before digital, so I had to take the pictures, mix the chemicals, develop the negatives and print the photo's.

I finagled it into a successful business where I sold the photo's to the school and then used the money I earned to buy equipment, films, chemicals and papers, now I wonder where the knowledge came from to run a Photography business?

Maybe from a PL I acquired this knowledge (and other interests), and perhaps this knowledge accumulates and builds on itself, until you are a well rounded soul qualified to remain on the Other Side, without ever having to experience living in a mortal body anymore.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to explain my concept of Reincarnation.

7. stardis

stardis Senior Registered

Hi LifePurpose.

If I may share my own thoughts about this with you:

The fact of reincarnation does not depend on any theories or science to validate it. No matter what the nature of the universe is, we exist and we reincarnate back into this world for some reason. I agree with dking777 in that we come back for the experiences that are waiting for us here and to grow this species. Can we experience the lives of others? Yes, that is my belief but I also believe that we are expected to add to the great storehouse of experience so that others may experience life through our own unique perspective. We are sparks of the same flame but we also have been given the gift of having our own unique personality that lasts throughout the age of the universe and it is our uniqueness that is priceless beyond measure.

Don't let the idea of the universe as a hologram mislead you into thinking that the universe is actually a hologram, rather think about the universe as having a holographic nature. Everything is everywhere at the same moment. It is not necessary to understand how that would work - it is an idea that allows some people to visualize a concept that they feel a compelling need to understand.

I like to think that our existence in our natural spiritual state is so pliable that we can be anywhere or do anything and that will seem to us how things should be. I picture our lifetimes and their experiences as being like a shimmering stream where all the drops are experience that we can dip a finger into and taste and share that experience with each other. Others will visualize that differently but it is the same thing.

8. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

Now my father also believed in Reincarnation. Onetime we were talking and he said this with regards to reincarnation that since do think that he did hit the nail on the head so to speak with this statement. He said that after we die, how much do we just want to come back and enjoy another life again. And that how much is it not all of this what to do or to learn but how indeed much that we simply want to come back and enjoy another life again. And think about it, how much are many of the things we most cherish in life are those simple everyday things that we all experience which is just life and being alive entail.

Hope this makes sense. Have a Good Day!