What Matters Most

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Ailish, May 24, 2008.

1. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking today. And a lot of crying.

The relationships we have with people through our various lifetimes - are a gift. Finding those people again in this life - is a blessing. And sometimes - I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Not only do I have a compassionate and understanding mom who adopted me when I needed a family - but she is also my best friend, who has been with me many times in the past.

She understands me - like no one else. She sees - not only our past connections - but who I am to her now. She sees - straight into my heart. She sees me.

In the last couple of years - she has taught me what it means to have a mother, and what it means to be a daughter. This past week she has been visiting me in Canada, and as per usual, at some point it had to end.

I am grateful for having had our time together, yet there is also a part of me that grieves deeply at the separation. Logically I understand - she is not gone forever and I can call/text/IM/email any time I choose - business as usual and no big deal. Yet the emotional part of me - feels the separation keenly, regardless of the intercession from the logical mind!

Oddly enough - while we were out shopping together yesterday, we bought Gregg Braden’s new book "The Spontaneous Healing of Belief." After my Mom had left this morning for the airport, I came back upstairs and I sobbed like my heart was breaking. It was pure feeling and emotion - I wasn't "thinking" she was gone - I was feeling her absence deeply - and I just could not stop the tears from cascading down my cheeks...

Trying to distract myself, I grabbed the book, flipped it open and came directly to the line:

That made me stop and think - wow. That can be applied on so many levels. Both to past and present lives. I stopped for a moment to reflect on all of the wonderful moments we shared together this week (uh-oh ;)) and I found myself laughing through the tears. I took a step farther back - and thought about our previous separations in this life and how difficult it always seems to be when I have to leave her. Then I went even farther back - into the last two lifetimes we shared in Italy. I thought about how all of those moments of leaving - had affected me. And how some of them - I had carried with me into this life. All of them were deeply emotional separations - something primitive that wounded the soul.

I flipped back a few pages....then ahead a few pages, hoping for a little more insight.

Braden goes on to suggest that this stems from our “original hurt” of being separated from the Source - and from our larger soul families. Each time we experience a heartfelt separation -it is a reminder of the separation from the collective soul. A reminder - and a fear of being separate and alone.

He states:
    The sort of pain he is referring to - the soul pain - is perhaps the most harmful kind. It is a pain every single person in the world can relate to. Braden says "When our soul hurts, our pain is transmitted into the body as the spiritual quality of the life force that we feed into each cell."

The new science of epigenetics is defined as "the study of the hidden influences upon the genes" and is proving in a scientific language that genes are changing and responding to other influences - such as the field around them. Braden says "What's important is that our beliefs - the electrical and magnetic waves created by our hearts - are part of that field." Influences upon our genes can come from a number of sources including the beliefs that control our DNA and Braden states that it is "this line of thinking that is writing us back into the equation of life as powerful agents of change. These are the insights that will lead us to understand things such as the placebo effect and will explain why a man's belief about something that happened 2000 years ago can manifest as the wounds on his body today."

So what does he suggest doing about it? Well, he says that
    It is a small reminder - that it is okay to be sad and to miss someone - but what matters most is to appreciate and value the time spent together. To stay focused on the feeling of love - the feeling of enjoying each other's company - and to cherish that aspect. It also reminded me to appreciate the fun times we spent together in Italy - and in other lifetimes - instead of focusing on the separation. ;) *th5*

This morning - I was crying. This evening - I am smiling. Tomorrow I will be planning our next big adventure )*(

Love,
    Aili

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

(((Aili)))

Remember what I said and with love; you have to feel it - and you have to know it.... in your heart and emotionally.. ;) What a blessing you are.

Twas fun this past week. I had my nose in his book too - all the way home. Brilliant he is. ;) I highly recommend the book. And the heart knowledge he shares within it.

Namaste my dear - you shine as per your usual.

With love..................

3. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Wonderful insights, Aili. I could feel them right in my heart.

Thanks a lot for sharing. I want to read this book as well.

4. Kislany

Kislany Just searching...

{Hugs** Aili! I was so moved after I read your post, it touched me at a deep level somehow.

I'm so glad the two of you had a great time together, cherish those moments, you know you are always together even if there is physical distance between you.

Will go now look for this book, it seems wonderful!

5. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Thanks for sharing your emotions Ailisch as it certainly is not so easy to share so deep emotions

I am happy for both of you and the love you share

)*()*()*($$)*()*(

Clivia

6. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

(((((((Aili)))))))

Thank you for this post. :)

Love,

Karoliina

7. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hugs to you Aili. It is wonderful to see the healing span lifetimes and to also appear to heal some of the things you have gone through in this life.

8. Ailish

Thank you everyone – for your thoughts and comments! It's a very special relationship - and I feel not only blessed to experience it, but to be able to share it and the joy it brings. Heaps of love back to you all! )*(

9. ButterflyPsyche

ButterflyPsyche Senior Registered

I really enjoyed reading your insights and I could definitely relate. Your relationship with your mom sounds absolutely wonderful and the title of this post is something I tell myself often in meditation- love is what matters most. Thank you greatly for reminding me. :)

10. Deborah

I need to go back to Braden's book....and I do miss....my Aili.

Although she is still around...life has kept her busy and running full speed. She's been on wonderful adventures to Portugal and traveling the world. YOU GO GIRL!

This thread reminded me just how special you are Aili....Hugs.....

11. Ailish

I miss you, too!!!hug2.gif We need to catch up!!!! :D

I have been having some wonderful adventures both past life and present life! I absolutely adore Portugal! The language, the food, the people, the music...it's all simply amazing :D So many more places I want to go experience...

XOXOXOX

12. Deborah

:jump:headbang.gifhug3.gif no doubt