What memories would you want to share?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Lynnette, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

If you knew you could look back in a future life and see glimpses of your life now, what memories would you want to share? Good moments, bad moments, life change events, everyday occurances, the dramatic, the mundance, highlights, lowlights.....?

2. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Interesting thought, Lynnette.

I think I would seek to view the particulars that I look for now; namely, who I associate with now (soul-level) that I associated with then...the significant events I participated in...and both the characteristic and mundanely common activities of every day life as it was lived then. For me it comes down to the "who (I was and was with)", the "what (I did and when)" and the "how (I did, lived and acted)".

As for what I would share with those of you here if we were "there" and looking back to now (did I read that right?), I would like to think I would share a portion of all you mentioned...the good, bad, life changing, dramatic and mundane...all of it describes the experience of being human, and that is why we are here.

3. Edelweiss

Edelweiss New Member

American by birth, and Southern by the grace of Go
    If I could choose what to remember, I would want to remember family, friends, lovers, potential children, happy moments.

Specific lifetimes? It doesn't matter which ones, but:

It would be nice to recall more of these moments from:

-My youth and carefree moments spanning from the great war to the cold war.

4. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

Hi Usetawuz,

Yes, I was thinking of 'in the future, looking back'. I just got to wondering when I thought about some of the things I have seen currently relating to the past. Wondering how substantial or not the remembered image was for the person at the time; or why we are able to glimpse the particular snapshots that we do. Were these moments, however mundane they might seem to be, been moments that resonated strongly with the person involved.

For example, I walked through a park many years ago, and though I have walked there many times since, just one occasion imprinted itself on my memory, because of the birdsong and the beauty, and the emotions of that time. If I regressed myself in a future life, might I see that event many years ago, rather than all the other times I have walked there, just because it was so strong in my memory...?

And if there were bad things or sorrows, would I really want to remember them in another life? Afterall, they were not nice... but then, might remembering them give me depth and understanding in a future life?

Just my inquisititive brain considering things I am never meant to see lol

5. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Every memory with my husband, both the good and the not-so-good. Hopefully they'd help me find him again!

6. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

I would like to remember how the city looked like, which I probably will because I tend to remember that kind of stuff.

I would like to remember family and friends and probably pets.

I will like to remember my usernames and passwords for places online (or for whatever thing we use at the moment I die) so then I just can look myself up/log in and get all my writings back (yes, I' m serious)

I would like to remember medical technical knowledge, even if it' s obsolete by the time I reincarnate.

I would like to remember my name

I'll be probably happy remembering anything though.

7. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Hopefully they will still be around and the usernames and passwords will still work! How many people here remember Compuserve and BBS's? But then look how much easier it is now to research past lives on the internet. The children being born today will have a much easier time finding out who they were.

8. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

I'd first like to remember some of the lessons I've learned this lifetime. Sure, much of it could mostly be boiled down into cliches but it's taken me decades for them to really sink in. Along with that I need to know that sometimes cliches are utter rot. So it's complicated but if I could remember some of it it'd really help. :laugh:

I'd like to remember the place I lived as a child. It was unique, pastoral, weirdly storybook-like, filled with wildlife and flowers, and has since been destroyed.

I don't care quite as much about people. I don't especially hope that I get the same family & in-laws again, not that they're horrible, but after a lifetime their little dramas and issues are boring. There are a few people I'd love to meet again because they were angels, and there are a few who weren't but who had very hard lives and I'd like to...have them as children or something so I could look after them properly and buy them nice things!

And there are one or two I'd like to run into just so I could yell at them and poke them with sharp sticks. Yeah, that whole 'love those who do you harm' cliche wasn't one of the ones I really took to heart. :rolleyes:

9. Ghost of Gumby

Ghost of Gumby Hi, Friends : )

This is not really something which could actually be, I think, because we can not be selective about which memories we will recall in a future life. It seems that the memories of past life experiences is random and we essentailly have no control how these memories emerge. I think even in regression the memories do not emerge in a logical way or sequence. It may well be that memories of our present life may be recalled in another future lifetime, and this memory may be familiar, and if we are perceptive in this future lifetime, we may even percieve that this memory belongs to another time, place, and lifetime. But I feel that we can never be selective in this recall. Memories tend to fade with time, even memories of our present lifetime. Yet sometimes these memories can emerge crystal clear, as though this had happened only yesterday. Well, perhaps our subconsciouss can be selective afterall.

10. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I would have only one thought to share:

When your marriage is over and you have a choice between two men chose the something new. The what if is better left unknown. cover face

11. ~Ophelia~

~Ophelia~ New Member

It's a good question Lynnette. I have traveled a lot in this life. Been on four continents. Been married four times. I feel like I have lived four lives already in this one. How would I differentiate between them? Could I? Had a great childhood, lived a decade using drugs, spent years in school. Each portion so different from the other yet all this one life time.

I think I would want to see an overview of everything so I could understand why the shifts in my life now have been so drastic.

12. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

Lynnette, interesting question and thought. Guess as for myself, it would be my memories of wandering and living in the high mountains and all my interactions with the wildlife. I personally have had a number of close encounters in this present life with Grizzlies, Wolves, and other wildlife which has been so profound and in depth that it is hard to put into words what all really happened. This would like to remember. Now at times have had glimpses of some of my past lives as a Mountain Shoshone (with my band living in the high Yellowstone Country), as a Mountainman wandering in the mountains all by lonesome, and glimpses of past lives in the Southern Utah Canyon Country. And personally whatever the next life or lives hold, personally just want it to be again in and near this mountain wilderness and wildlife which I hold sooo dear.

13. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

I have wondering this before as well. It certainly can be mind bending...I think I would want to remember my name & the year, my location. I would want to be able to recognize close family members & friends. I would want to be able to re-visit important moments that taught me something I should remember.

I have run into this with past life memories. I remember a lot of the 1700-1800s, as we as Medieval times. Which parts are the same life? Which parts are short different lives that were in between? How do they connect? This is the jigsaw I have been working on, and probably always will be. :)

Interesting and thought provoking thread.

14. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

Some really interesting thoughts. I liked your comment that you would love to remember passwords! It would save one so much time in the future lol.

I guess as a second thought along the same lines, I wouldst pose another question... what would you think or how would you feel in your thoughts or actions etc, if you knew somebody might be listening to or seeing you... albeit in some far off time?

15. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Oh my gosh, Lynnette, That's an even better question. I think like Popeye, the Sailorman, "I yam what I yam, and that is all that I Yam!" I have been trying to change my thoughts and actions, lo these many years, and no success, yet. If I were watching myself from afar, I think I would want to slap the living **** out of me, or say, "somebody change the ******* channel!".

16. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

;) It really does make one stop and think though!

I imagine I would be the same if I was someone else watching me, that I would say 'oh my word, change the channel...'

I wonder how my Catherine and Springberg and Red Bear and Running Wind would feel if they knew I had dreams of them; and then I think of my own actions and behaviour, and wonder whether anyone seeing me in life would be ashamed of me, or whether they would smile and think, oh, silly girl! or say, oops, poor thing, would have been better to do it this way; or else cringe in horror and think what on earth is she doing!!!

But then this makes me wonder too, whether the reactions of anyone seeing me gives me twinges of guilt or self-consciousness... ? When I dream of my folks above, and think and feel and react to their actions ... since I am invading their space, or the psyche, or whatever one calls it, by seeing them in this way, would they get the feeling someone is watching? For example, someone posted on here that they dreamed of a warrior waiting to kill a neighbouring enemy, and the warrior became aware the person had connected to him, and this awareness influenced his actions and his thinking....

So... it got my brain cells ticking lol

What do others say?

17. Yellow Roses

Yellow Roses New Member

I want to share or remember those I grew up with, they seem more important as the years go by--family, close friends, fun things we did, how dear those things are to me now.

I'd want to share memories of my brother who died too young. He was a remarkable human being and shouldn't be forgotten.

I'd want to remember how to swim, how to paint, write, and create art.

I'd want to share walking through redwood groves, or hitchiking to the beach with my best friend, falling asleep and waking up looking like a tomato.

I'd want to remember or share growing up in the 1950s and experiencing the 1960's California style, how magical it was, how quickly it was gone. I'd want to share my friend and I at the Hollywood Bowl 1967 seeing Donovan.

I want to remember those I loved so I can recognize them again.

I'd want to share my memories of all the cute things my children did.

I'd certainly want to remember things I did wrong so that perhaps I could do better this time.

I'd want to remember the gratitude I feel for those who have been there for me over the years.

Most of all, I'd want to remember how to remember.