What's your favorite case of children's past life memories?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Steve, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Steve

Steve Grand Poobah Staff Member Super Moderator

This is Steve, Carol Bowman's husband.

Carol and I are back to writing about children's past lives. Yay! It's taken me 20 years to get Carol to write again. She's finally doing it. It'll be worth the wait. She has a lot to add to the ideas in the first two books published 20 years ago. We can't wait to share early tidbits here on the Forum. We're excited.

We working with a raft of new cases, many that originated here on the Forum over the years. But are we missing any gems? If you've spent any time here poking around, I'm sure you have favorites. What's your favorite case (or cases)? Please point us to them.

Favorite could mean anything that intrigues you, not just the cases with lots of evidential statements. The cases you tell your friends about. The ones with a little detail that you can't get out of your head. Our writing now is emphasizing cases with so much emotional impact, the families were changed. Sometimes it's because what their kid said and did convinced them that reincarnation is real. Sometimes it goes beyond mere change of worldview to opportunities for healing and reconciliation and understanding.

Steve

2. SleeplessFox

SleeplessFox Senior Member

You mean cases that were introduced by board members themselves? Like private stories from their own children / kids they do know in person who did come up with a past life story? Or also the stories of cases that one caught up on the internet and which haven't been found in printed books yet?

3. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I think it was referring mainly to cases posted here of people's own (family etc.) experiences, rather than those found elsewhere. There are many posts on these forums, between us we have all read at least some of the older posts, and maybe some stick in our memory as being interesting - for whatever reason.

4. Steve

I was originally thinking of just the posts by members, the ones from families (usually mothers) who are asking for help and validation. "Don't think I'm crazy, but ..." That's the first purpose of this Forum, to help those families.

But now that you mention it, we are interested in whatever cases you've scouted from out in the wild, so to speak. Carol and I are taking stock of the current state of children's past lives field as a whole, plus looking for any strong cases we might have overlooked that we can cite in our next book.

As Sleepless Fox says, what cases have stuck in your memory? We all have our favorites. Sometimes it's it's a case with of a long list of statements and behaviors that make it a strong 'evidence' case. Sometimes just because of some quirky detail that brings the case to life. If it sticks in your memory, it's a story that should be told.

Thanks for all your help,

Steve

Summer785 and Speedwell like this.
  5. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

For some reason, the Muslim boy who speaks English got stuck in my head. Someone posted a link to a video here. How it comes a little boy speaks a foreign language better than his own mother tongue?

I also find the 9/11 children interesting, because it's a historical event those of us who are a bit older remember well enough.

I have to admit that I haven't read all threads in the children's memories section yet. From those I read so far, the girl with 4 past lives touched me. Who had a life in Denmark and died from falling down a staircase as a boy of 4, who remembered her grandmother having had a miscarriage, Unfortunately, the mother stopped posting at a point. Also, it's an older case from the archives, so not sure it counts.

And, of course, when children return as their own relatives and know things about their grandparents or great-grandparents or greatunlces/-aunts they can't have possibly heard of. These usually are full of small, yet very convincing details, like the nicknames their parents had as kids, favorite songs/foods of their ancestor and what ever else.

6. GuySittingintheStands

GuySittingintheStands Senior Member

Steve -- Any chance Carol would reconsider publishing the 9/11 Baby rn case from this forum (Cases of Interest/ 9/11 Case II baby rn , Sept 2007 - Feb 2011 thread)? I know she said she wouldn't publish it (as per her comments in her lecture at a June 2017 MUFON conference, see youtube clip below 1:20:34 - 1:28:48) but couldn't you at least give the Long Island family the opportunity to decide the issue for themselves instead of assuming that they would never allow this story from ever being published?

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Rocky Rose and Summer785 like this.
  7. SleeplessFox

Summer785 likes this.
  8. Summer785

Summer785 Active Member

I was going to say the Tomo case as well!

Also the story of the boy remembering a life in Korea, on here. Not sure if that one is strong enough for her book though.

SleeplessFox likes this.
  9. SleeplessFox

Honestly: I do think it's a pretty strong case since it's a "international/foregein language" case with magnificent details!

Summer785 likes this.
  10. Pastrunr

Pastrunr Member

I had heard of two of these kids years before. Fascinating stories they have told, all verified.

Rocky Rose likes this.
  11. Steve

Thank you for your replies and suggestions.

Carol is including the Baby 9/11 case, but with changed names. She doesn't want to contact the Long Island family, so as not to upset them. It's a tough decision. Maybe someday.

We'll look at the Tomo case. And the YouTube "That's So Strange" case.

Can anybody post the link for the boy remembering to be a Korean case?

Cases from the archives are good. Any case we might have overlooked. And they don't have to be strong Stevenson-style stand-alone cases. That's one of the points she's making, that looking at all the "weaker" cases together, added to the strong cases, is convincing. Also, the little cases often have some sort of twist, a memorable detail, that is worth writing about.

SleeplessFox, Speedwell and Jim78 like this.
  12. GuySittingintheStands

GuySittingintheStands Senior Member

Steve -- There is an insane amount of detail in the baby_rn case, really, almost on par with the James Leininger case. Here's a detail that I just came across regarding the "boat on top" (of the fire truck) comment baby rn makes on page 1, post 4 of her thread. At 1:58 in the clip below the fireman, in reference to the FDNY Rescue 4 fire truck, makes mention of the eyelets on top of the rig where the "boat was mounted":

Baby rn reporting what her 3-year-old son described to her from his past life ( Sept 30, 2007):

"He told me that I would really enjoy the Christmas parties at his fire station...everyone always has lots of fun...he said they got a new fire truck because their old one is wrecked...he has said this several times about a new fire truck with a tv in it and maps and a boat on top."

Who else, but someone who actually worked on that truck, would have known about a boat being mounted on top of a fire truck.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    Summer785 and SleeplessFox like this.
  13. Steve

GuySitting, thanks for this. You just found and contributed that video, right? I'll show it to Carol.

Carol is including this case in her current writing project; we call it "9/11 Baby". It is, in her opinion, the best American case--as good as the best of the Stevenson cases. The only difference is that she (and the mother in California) didn't attempt to "verify" it by contacting the family of the deceased firefighter. From the details the child gave, there's no doubt who that firefighter was. But they don't want to disturb the family by saying, "Hey, guess what! Your son/husband/brother has reincarnated as a boy in California." From the obituary it's clear he was catholic, and the chances are good they don't believe in reincarnation.

Steve