When you find it difficult to meditate...

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Eevee, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

A quote from the book : Surfing the Himalaya, written by Dr. Frederick Lenz.

The writer continues by saying that when you have exercised and succeeded in meditating a few times in a pure spot, you will become able, after a while, to meditate also in a more crowded place.

Eevee

2. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

This is sooooo true!

While I've always picked up other people's vibes, if my husband is in a foul mood, even if he doesn't express it (and he's good and "not expressing" a lot of things!), I immediately
    feel it! When I say feel, I mean that my mood changes and that's how I know he's in an icky mood (becuase he otherwise doesn't express emotion).

Also, I've spent a lot of time in the woods - - when I was young, we lived in a rural area across from a wooded forest. I spent many hours in that forest and called it "my church."

*sighs*

3. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks Eevee!

I get the same sense of awe and spiritual wonder in the wilderness! It too is my temple!

The connections with people is also very prevalent. It's interesting that he thinks most of our thoughts and emotions are not our own. I've always known I feel another persons emotions, even when we're miles and miles apart. I sense sadness and joy rather easy from this person.

Great thoughts to start the day. Thanks again.

Tman

4. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I agree it's very easy to pick on other people's feelings and emotions, and we probably do it even more than we realise.

I'd love to have more opportunities to be alone in a forest and/or by a lake. These are my "soul sceneries". :eek:

Karoliina

5. Amy

Amy Senior Registered

This is a wonderful article. I agree with it too. It is amazing how different I feel when I am around so many people and then when I am somewhere remote by myself.

I am going to try this exercise too and see what I can glean from it. This is very useful information. Thank you Eevee. :thumbsup:

6. Psyforce

Psyforce Psyforce

And if you are not able to find a "clean" spot in Nature...you can always try to block all emotions and vibes from others with music!

I'm very sensitve in places with many people. At times my head turns into this giant video-wall and on every screen there is somthing about a persons life and/or state of mind. When this happens I used to rush out...and get some fresh air!

To my surprise I noticed...while visiting Rock-concerts with 10.000 people around. As soon as the music started...there was no more "interference" of other people's thoughts and emotions. But during the break...everything starts again! After the break...I was completely lost in the music again, and had no problems at all!

Now that could be because all those 10.000 people are focused on the music...or I'm focused on the music and that surpresses all the other input!

For the same reason.. I hate to go to hospitals! I seem to pick up all the ....bad things...there. If I start singing/humming a song or concentrate on music (using headphones)...those things can not reach me!

Just sing....sing a song.... :D

7. Amy

Amy Senior Registered

This may be why I dread going into hospitals so much. The same with funerals. I refuse to go unless I am absolutely forced to go. I feel so much overwhelming sadness and feel as if I am engulfed in a powerful black cloud.

8. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

A fantastic read for newer members - thank you for posting it, Eevee! ;)

9. John Rian

John Rian New Member

It is interesting to think about. I know that I pick up on people real easy and large groups also; they have a group "spirit" or something.