Who we are BECOMING

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Alberto Villoldo Ph.D wrote a book titled Mending the Past and Healing the Future -- Soul Retrieval. It is a very interesting read -he is an anthropologist and psychologist and studied in the Amazon with a very famous healer. I am finding his research and work with the Light body to be fascinating. It is so nice to read another point of view regarding past lives and healing from a culture we do not read much about.

In Villoldo's book, he references the Laika, and it isn't a matter always of going to the past. Instead he says they see evolution as a journeying into the future to "see who we're becoming" so that we may bring that knowledge back to the present. He then says that the Lakia believe that it is memories stored in our "luminous energy field (the karma from our former lives)" that determines our current situation. He talks about the fifth world - which is found within the higher chakras, and it is in these higher chakras that we meet our perfect and original self - in order to heal.

In the book he talks about the 9th Chakra- and changing your DNA. He talks about our genes and how to alter our genes now to speed up the evolutionary process and break the chains of disharmony; grief, anger, fear, shame, guilt .....etc. It isn't often I have come across a book that speaks of the chakras above the crown chakra. Let alone one that helps you work at that level. It is an interesting read.

He does talk about journeying into past lives and into a lifetime in which you suffered the most - but he gets specific;

What I find so interesting is that he says you only need these three life times to be set free of the karma within you and that there is a domino effect - backward, that will occur clearing ALL your former lifetimes.

I find this interesting - the idea of a domino effect. I will think on this one for a while. Since I remember my last three consecutive life times (in my signature link). I am curious to see if his premise fits my experience.

What are your thoughts?

We talk so much about the past - and who we may have been. What about work on the future? Clearing bad karma and creating consciously for what is to come.

2. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

3. Deborah

Fascinating article Kapitan. Thank you.

I noticed a book offered at the end that looks very interesting. Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness are the Keys to Understanding the True Nature of the Universe.

[​IMG]

4. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

You're welcome.

Here is a decent site on the upper chakras - as I had gone through some sites months ago, I thought that site was the most informative out of them all.

5. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

6. KnickKnack

KnickKnack New Member

I just recently finished reading Same Soul, Many Bodies, and I found it to be a very interesting book as well. It really helped me see the bigger picture and get a better understanding.

7. Deborah

Thought I would bring this older thread up for discussion. It's an interesting premise on how to make change.

8. Rob

Rob A Very Cool Member!

Deborah said

I agree. Thank you for reporting this thread. I'm looking forward to also read "Reincarnation Does Matter."

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
  9. Deborah

Hi Rob,

Nice to see you again. Your posts are always thoughtful. Interesting video you posted yesterday. :D

10. Rob

Rob A Very Cool Member!

Connecting the "Dots" of Past, Present, & Future With Forgiveness

One of the thoughts that has gone through my mind in recent months regarding both healing and creation, is forgiveness.

Often, when people refer to the carrying over of bad karma from one incarnation to another, they speak of cause and effect. For example -- if I may use this as an example: the "white man as an abuser" Deborah mentioned in Consecutive Past lives in respect to both the incarnations of Alexander and Clara. For me, forgiveness is an integral part of clearing negative karma. Not just the forgiveness of another who has abused you, but also the forgiveness of the abuser toward himself.

We are often searching for a sense of justice by saying to one who has abused us: "what goes around comes around. You want to selfishly manipulate, lie, and exert power over others, then you too will now have to experience being lied to, manipulated, and feel powerless in this incarnation or a future one." Some call this a balancing of karma by knowing both ends of the metaphorical stick. But forgiveness counts most. Forgiveness heals the soul. It surpasses negative karma.

If a soul who is an abuser chooses to later purposely incarnate into a situation where it will be abused just to teach itself a lesson -- especially after being told it is forgiven, then that soul forgives not itself. That soul is telling itself a powerfully powerless thought that forgiveness is not really a truth unto itself, but only a truth that is given any merit because of justice. That soul is also saying the soul of the forgiver is somehow greater than the soul of the forgiven (adding credence to the "greater than less than" illusion -- which unto itself is quite a self-righteous notion already.) That soul is also conveying the thought that it's own evolution will make its own self greater than it was before (which is not what evolution is about anyway -- surprisingly enough to some). That soul is also saying that it expects others to balance their karma as well by creating for themselves pain and suffering on purpose. And none of these three thoughts are what wisdom is as wisdom is fully known to itself.

I have had people in my life that I felt nearly drove me to suicide. But if I could tell them in the "time/space" between incarnations anything it would be to not purposely go out of The Way to cause themselves to later feel as I did in order to "teach themselves a lesson" in a future incarnation.The mere idea that they would go out of The Way in order to use choice in that manner is actually quite self-righteous: It is a sorry attempt of saying to themselves that they do not already know what the experience of wisdom is (and thus attempt to reinforce their own ignorance -- which, by the way is an illusion as well, since all souls are each in the Center of eternity ALREADY).

It is my belief that the Justice/Forgiveness/Mercy triad is far too rich to sum it all up with such a plebeian manner of reasoning. Choice always counts. Choice is not merely summed up as a tug of war between mercy and justice, but if it was, then forgiveness is the rope. If justice and mercy are the tread of the tire, then forgiveness is the spokes. If justice and mercy are the Pillars of a building, then forgiveness is the floor by which we are able to stand within the building and upon which the Pillars even rest.

Again, people often use the term "clearing negative karma." For me, forgiveness is this "clearing," for the forgiver is the self-forgiveness, and the forgiven is the self-forgiving. This is also called remembering. Remembering what, you might ask? Remembering that we create, and knowing that we can still create, have, and be all we desire without using illusions as the only way to get what we want. We can keep the illusions of ignorance, not-enoughness, greater than less than, without having our illusions use us instead.

That being said, I dare everyone to move through eternity creating for themselves the experiences they would call the fruits of their good karma, and move in The Way that affords all other souls to do the same. It can be done -- or rather "d-one," because One is never done, and the Word ONE still rhymes with the word FUN. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
  11. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

On the path to BECOMING we encounter many decisions which have not only to do with issues of violence such as abuse, hatred, murder and war. These are dramatic issues which serve as large objects of our attention, or benchmarks. However there are also much more subtle issues which often remain harder for us to see, yet are actually much more important to consider than the larger and more dramatic incidents; and one of these has to do with our attachment to ego and material gain. In fact, self-centeredness is, in my opinion, the root cause of abuse, hatred, murder and war and the largest impediment to forgiveness.

12. liberty

liberty New Member

Where is the video Rob posted? I musta missed something.

13. Deborah

He posted it in another thread - do a search for his posts and it was fairly recent. ;) Hopefully I'll have time today to respond to Rob...sorry classes are all consuming. ;)

14. Deborah

I forgot about this book and thread. It's from five years ago. Looking back and looking around now I'll ask it again -
    He does talk about journeying into past lives and into a lifetime in which you suffered the most - but he gets specific;

.....then the one in which you had the greatest knowledge and power but used your gifts poorly; and the past life in which you had great wisdom and used your gifts well. And as you look at these life times, you're going to drain the energy from these formers selves - even do this for the lifetime in which you used your gifts well, because even then you were no more developed spiritually than you are today, for reincarnation is progressive, not regressive--that is, you haven't fallen behind where you were in that wise lifetime, and now you can move forward even more.
    What I find so interesting is that he says you only need these three life times to be set free of the karma within you and that there is a domino effect - backward, that will occur clearing ALL your former lifetimes.

I find this interesting - the idea of a domino effect. I will think on this one for a while. Since I remember my last three consecutive life times (in my signature link). I am curious to see if his premise fits my experience.

What are your thoughts?

tanguerra likes this.
  15. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Thank you for bringing this up Deborah! This book has been on my to-read pile for a while now. I read Villoldo's other book 'Shaman, Teacher, Sage' and found it very enlightening, especially his work on the Chakras. I remember three lives much more clearly than any of the others (the others are much fainter and 'distant' feeling, even if they were relatively recent). Maybe these are my three important and relevant lives (the most suffering, the gifts poorly used, and the gifts well used) as described by Villoldo?

tanguerra likes this.
  16. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Deborah,

I think Villoldo doesn't exactly mean 3 consecutive lifetimes. Because between the lifetimes you suffered most, gifts poorly used and gifts well used, one might have had e.g. very short lifetimes, that served another purpose than experiencing great suffering or making the most of ones gifts. Or other lifetimes that for some reason couldn't be lived to its fullest, spiritually spoken. Do you feel your last 3 lives were the ones that suit his premise?

17. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

Bought it, read it, and enjoyed it. Very interesting and not too deep unless you get into Appendix 2. He shares some great experiences.