• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Why does the majority remember nothing about past lives and what is the point of this life if you take away 0?

Cat1985

Time flies by with such wickedness..
It so bothers me and has for so long that nobody close to me remembers anything about their past lives. Well one friend (a Doctor) just admitted that he was a soldier in not one but two wars (died in both). I just do NOT understand how someone could live an exciting life like say Whitney Houston or substitute any famous person and than they die and are reborn and remember nothing. How is that possible? Can you imagine having fame and fortune and than being reincarnated and remember nothing? They say Princess Diana was reincarnated into a boy living I think in Australia. That boy told her mom details about Diana's life. Yet, I guess he had no longing to see Harry nor William. And if anyone knew about Diana's life those kids were her world. How does that bond vanish?

Hell I even remember my most recent past life and trust me it was so boring and ordinary it is not worth mentioning. Also what horrified me is I was a man!!!!!!!!! OMG like how did that even happen. In all my lives I have been female. One lifetime dates back to a female warrior. I was African in that life..i rode horses bareback off course and was fierce. When I was 18 I was invited to a summer house on a lake. They had a huge target board and knives to throw at the target. Trying for the first time I hit the bull's eye each and every time. My date looked at me and said how do you know how to throw a knife and hit the center? I just shrugged........felt so natural . There must be some kind of muscle memory?

I will never understand why not only can I remember so many minor details but also why I can literally see through people right down to their souls. Is anyone else a mind reader? You can hear people's thoughts when you plug in? Sometimes you see really amazing things and sometimes your own family is your worst enemy. I had one dear friend who could read anyone within seconds. When she met my mother in law she said "your poor thing...to have that creature as your mil. what a dam shame" So true.....my friend was brilliant, generous and sooooooooooooo kind. Sadly she died young and heartbroken.

The other thing that makes zero sense is people say we pick our "costumes"....that is such bs. Why would someone chose to say be ugly or handicapped or blind etc? I think everything is RANDOM. Or that Karma plays a huge role. If you live a life of ego and vanity without generously giving back you are going to be so screwed in your next life!

And then all these psychics who say you get to see your family again and are often reincarnated back into the same family...lol . That one made me laugh. Maybe in some young death situations it happens but outside of that the chances are null. It is such a huge world..

Time to go out and save some lives! Have a blessed day

Hi Cat
A very good question. One for which I have heard a variety of reasonable sounding answers, but none that I could consider certain and irrefutable, though some are better than others. I’d say more but currently restricted to cellphone and I don’t use it with the speed and ease of my daughters. (They amaze me!)
Cordially
S&S

I think most people can't handle remembering. If the point of life is learning a spiritual lesson, remembering will only get in the way. As you said, if someone remembered their past life family and trauma, how is that going to help them get through this particular lesson? I imagine that would be like dwelling on your chemistry test while you're taking your French test. Remembering a difficult past life seriously threw me for a loop. I think humanity has to evolve spiritually before most of them can deal with past trauma that could be very severe. It's one thing remembering a past life in heaven, when you don't have the trouble of making your current life work. Life is hard on this planet, because it really is a test.

I imagine that would be like dwelling on your chemistry test while you're taking your French test.

I kind of agree with your analogy. You don't need to remember past "tests", just whatever knowledge, skills, experience you accumulated along.

CAT1985,

Thanks for sharing your story with all of us. You made me laugh when you said you were a man in one life that you could remember. Yes, it's true we do tend to reincarnate as the same gender as it just feels more comfortable to the subconscious mind. However, in our natural state as soul we don't have a gender. We are gender neutral in the higher dimensions as a perfect balance between male and female polarity within soul consciousness. We only experience gender when we reincarnate into the physical dimensions which is a part of the lower worlds of duality where everything has it's opposite, darkness, light, hot, cold, negative, positive, male, female ect.... However, during the course of souls journey here we must at some point experience the oppositive gender in order to balance out our soul consciousness and experience. As there are certain lessons that can only be learned thru the opposite gender. As for most people not remembering their past lives it's because nature is kind in placing a block over the conscious mind in order to protect the new personality from remembering those other lifetimes. Because until the soul is evolved enough to handle that kind of information it would do more harm and good to the new personality and lifetime being lived out in the present.

We forget that a lot of our past lives during mankind's history, were in general very hard, course, violent and short lived due to harder living conditions of those time periods. Unless of course you were rich. Plus, the vast majority of souls living today were back then at an earlier stage of soul development where those soul lessons were much harder to master and learn from.

Love and peace always....

Polaris

Yes, it's true we do tend to reincarnate as the same gender as it just feels more comfortable to the subconscious mind.

Love and peace always....

Polaris

This is a fascinating statement/belief. It implies the subconscious is not limited to what's in the brain since reincarnation does not necessarily mean being born with an identical brain.

I do believe the subconscious extends outside the confinements of what we think a byproduct of our physical brain. Perhaps the same can be said for the mind.

It makes sense when things we think "outside ourselves" are communicating to us in ways that 1) acknowledge our innermost thoughts and 2)seem outside our conscious control.

Things we might call miracles or synchronicities. Real religious experiences.

Interesting -

This is a fascinating statement/belief. It implies the subconscious is not limited to what's in the brain since reincarnation does not necessarily mean being born with an identical brain.

I do believe the subconscious extends outside the confinements of what we think a byproduct of our physical brain. Perhaps the same can be said for the mind.

It makes sense when things we think "outside ourselves" are communicating to us in ways that 1) acknowledge our innermost thoughts and 2)seem outside our conscious control.

Things we might call miracles or synchronicities. Real religious experiences.

Interesting -
Cloud,

The physical brain is a tool if you will, to contact matter thru the mind which actually resides within the mental body of man. Now the mental body itself operates on the mental plane or 5th dimension. Some call this the universal mind. The mental body is part of man's inner subtle bodies which function on the higher dimensions of our universe and work in unison within the physical body as one unit.

The mental body is split into two functions. The lower mental plane or mind deals with concreate thought and form while the higher mental plane deals with abstract thought and the bigger picture or idea. When we have a thought say of a chair, this creates within the higher mental plane as an abstract idea within the mental body. This in turn creates form as it filters thru into the lower mental plane as a concreate thought form. Then this process filters down again into the astral plane giving us a sense of how we feel about that thought form giving it life to it in a sense and if we want it to be a part of our reality or not. This then registers into the physical brain where we create that form into manifestation of a chair into living reality here in the physical world. All of this takes places within seconds. Although creating form here in the physical takes much longer to manifest because of the dense heavy nature of physical matter.

But the process is still the same. Everywhere you look every man-made object, piece of music, art, buildings that are man-made, science mathematics, ect.. all starts off first as a thought which takes place within the mind before it filters downward into physical reality here. So above so below as the old saying goes. So, the neurons within the physical brain are like little conductors relaying information from the higher dimensions into our physical awareness here. It also relays information here back again into the mind. When we die this information is not lost but is within drawn into the next inner subtle body which is the astral as mind operates on that dimension as well. The physical is now dropped, and the soul now lives in full consciousness within their astral form.

P.

Thanks P. for sharing your knowledge with me. Out of curiosity, is this something you gleaned from the Hindu religion/Eastern philosophies?

Hi Cloud,

In my experience, P. always speaks with complete conviction and certainty as one who infallibly KNOWS. There are no IMOs, no references to authorities/sources, or "according to" statements. I've called him out on this a few times with no impact whatsoever as far as I can tell. So, I decided to just let P. be P. However, though I seldom read his posts anymore, I believe he is a nice person who means well and says things that are coherent within a particular Eastern framework.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--All of the foregoing is, of course, just IMO. ;)

Humility ... is priceless. (as in the recurrent evolvement progression: ignorance, foolishness, humility, mastering)

Please know my question was not an attack or an assumption. Polaris has been incredibly kind and honest since my being here. So have you S&S, I'm surprised by your post. I ask because, we don't really know each other here. Not our interest, our age difference, our personal experiences. There's a lot to what makes us who we are. I have a strong appreciation for Sufi mystics and kriya yoga whose influence has helped shape my own journey.

presently I'm dabbling in the urantia book, and hope by next year to get back to learning the peacock angel.

But as far as speaking with conviction goes, I have no problem with it. No one is forcing their views on another.

It helps to have a common understanding even if we disagree with beliefs. Like with the subconscious for instance. I wonder how many here see the subconscious as outside their self? Or what they even consider the self to be? When I say outside our self I mean outside the physical body. It may seem elementary but I think it's important if I'm trying to understand someone. I'm choosing to ask questions and reserve any harsh judgements for the sake of our community. If your heart believes in some manner of kindness or beauty then I can be respectful of our differences. Though our paths differ I am of the belief the destination is the same.

Kind regards all

Thanks P. for sharing your knowledge with me. Out of curiosity, is this something you gleaned from the Hindu religion/Eastern philosophies?
Cloud,

Much of this knowledge is from Eastern Philosophies and Hindu religions which talks about the inner subtle bodies and how they relate to mankind. Western culture for the most part knowns little to nothing about this. Plus, it also rejects the concept of reincarnation for the most part. The closest thing that people in the west are somewhat familiar with is astral projection. Which is I guess is a start, but it limits one only to the physical and astral planes. It does not really go into what the astral body is made of, how it works and how the laws of physics work on the 4th dimension.

Years ago, I had an NDE as you might be aware of. After that event I started having on and off again out of body experiences. My trigger for me in having them is when I am lucid dreaming. Once I am aware that I am dreaming it quickly turns into a conscious out of body experience which is far, far, different then dreaming as your conscious mind is fully awake and your sense heighten. Over the years of having these I have learn somethings about how the other dimensions work more or less. I'm still learning as i go along.

Some good books to read about this can also be found by (Adventures beyond the body by William Buhlman) and also by (Jurgen Ziewe books and videos Multidimensional Man). In fact, I have spoken to Jurgen a few times and he has a video out on YouTube now I believe on his discoveries while out of the body. So, if you have the time check it out.

Love and peace...

Polairs

Last edited:
It so bothers me and has for so long that nobody close to me remembers anything about their past lives. Well one friend (a Doctor) just admitted that he was a soldier in not one but two wars (died in both). I just do NOT understand how someone could live an exciting life like say Whitney Houston or substitute any famous person and than they die and are reborn and remember nothing. How is that possible? Can you imagine having fame and fortune and than being reincarnated and remember nothing? They say Princess Diana was reincarnated into a boy living I think in Australia. That boy told her mom details about Diana's life. Yet, I guess he had no longing to see Harry nor William. And if anyone knew about Diana's life those kids were her world. How does that bond vanish?

Hell I even remember my most recent past life and trust me it was so boring and ordinary it is not worth mentioning. Also what horrified me is I was a man!!!!!!!!! OMG like how did that even happen. In all my lives I have been female. One lifetime dates back to a female warrior. I was African in that life..i rode horses bareback off course and was fierce. When I was 18 I was invited to a summer house on a lake. They had a huge target board and knives to throw at the target. Trying for the first time I hit the bull's eye each and every time. My date looked at me and said how do you know how to throw a knife and hit the center? I just shrugged........felt so natural . There must be some kind of muscle memory?

I will never understand why not only can I remember so many minor details but also why I can literally see through people right down to their souls. Is anyone else a mind reader? You can hear people's thoughts when you plug in? Sometimes you see really amazing things and sometimes your own family is your worst enemy. I had one dear friend who could read anyone within seconds. When she met my mother in law she said "your poor thing...to have that creature as your mil. what a dam shame" So true.....my friend was brilliant, generous and sooooooooooooo kind. Sadly she died young and heartbroken.

The other thing that makes zero sense is people say we pick our "costumes"....that is such bs. Why would someone chose to say be ugly or handicapped or blind etc? I think everything is RANDOM. Or that Karma plays a huge role. If you live a life of ego and vanity without generously giving back you are going to be so screwed in your next life!

And then all these psychics who say you get to see your family again and are often reincarnated back into the same family...lol . That one made me laugh. Maybe in some young death situations it happens but outside of that the chances are null. It is such a huge world..

Time to go out and save some lives! Have a blessed day
Your post is very intriguing and well-observing that something isn't right. I am a hardcore spiritual seeker and have been asking questions about reincarnation and researching anything I can find about it for many years. Because it is about our very existence, therefore the most important subject. Sadly, very few people look into it as death and the afterlife has become a social taboo.
The reason we do not recall anything about past life is because of total memory-wipe just before reincarnation here, in this hell. And, it is not done with any good intentions either. Once you are reincarnated you have a new identity and everything you have learned before or achieved is simply gone. So I consider that moment just before reincarnating a true death.
The question is, who is doing it and why? I dug deeply into gnostic metaphysics and that led me to understand Duality. Answered many questions, but, many more appeared too. But, that is a very deep subject and often deeply misunderstood. However, I do see that archons are in charge here, and so in the lower Astral realm.
Regarding choosing our bodies and parents: From what I managed to gather, 2 things are taking place, we are either coarced and deceived to make certain choices, or they are made for us! I can speak for myself, that there is NO WAY I would have chosen my family or circumstances I was born to as I have been terribly abused for many long years in every possible way.
I believe, as everything points out to it, that there is a deliberate system of control regarding these kinds of choices and everything is set for maximum suffering and conflict. No loving 'god' would allow that to happen, BTW!
So, I am working now on expanding my awareness as much as possible, so I will never again be conned or forced to come back here again!

I think most people can't handle remembering. If the point of life is learning a spiritual lesson, remembering will only get in the way. As you said, if someone remembered their past life family and trauma, how is that going to help them get through this particular lesson? I imagine that would be like dwelling on your chemistry test while you're taking your French test. Remembering a difficult past life seriously threw me for a loop. I think humanity has to evolve spiritually before most of them can deal with past trauma that could be very severe. It's one thing remembering a past life in heaven, when you don't have the trouble of making your current life work. Life is hard on this planet, because it really is a test.
But, how can anyone learn anything if each time you are born your memory is wiped clean? Can you elaborate on that? Because to be honest, it does not make any sense to me. Oh, BTW; this place we are trapped in is NOT a school, it is designed in every possible way to destroy a soul rather than grow. It is a typical New Age propaganda that remembering previous life or who we are would interfere with the ''current learning process."

My husband thinks I am frequently off my rocker. He doesn't believe in reincarnation, and anything pointing otherwise would not ever be acknowledged, although he will occasionally say something about his soul age. My kids...my oldest has a stick so far up his butt, anything hippy dippy (of which reincarnation is one of those things) is not to be entertained. My other is a tween, and is going through a phase of finding God. Reincarnation is just not on her radar quite yet.

I grew up with everyone not knowing anything. My mother was such a young soul and my dad not much older, I found little reason to go into it much outside of random memories here and there, and with my dad because he didn't judge as my mom did.

From my own experience, I had a life I had a very hard time with the memory of it to the point I didn't talk about reincarnation and shoved memories down deep and it took about 15 years to cope. I imagine that many experience just a normal memory being that upsetting and it is easier to ignore it as a whim of fancy and go on then to really remember.

Hi Goddes,

So much of what I am hearing reminds me of the Cathar viewpoint. But, if you are correct, caution may be in order. You are only one, and the people that believe as you do are, IMO, too small a number in comparison to the bulk of mankind to be of much importance to any hostile powers . . . yet. However, it may be worthwhile to take note of what happened to a successful movement of this type. The Cathars found out the hard way.

I am conflicted at this point and not fully in one camp (who I think of as the "optimists") or the other camp (the "pessimists"). Like the Cathars (at least on this one point), and Christians generally, I believe that there are both good and evil powers permeating and at work in this world:

"Because we are wrestling not against blood and flesh, but against the Archons, against the Powers, against the Cosmic Rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the celestial places."

(Hart Literal Translation--Ephesians 6:12). And, like the moderate Dualist Cathars, and Christians generally, I believe that the good is much more powerful than the evil, and will prevail in the end.

Cordially,
S&S

Last edited:
To find some answers to questions like this, I use to listen to or read about testimonies of astral travels, NDEs, OBEs, pre-birth memories, also to what some psychics and regression therapists have experienced with their clients.

Sometimes I will choose one or two random YT interviews per day. I find most of them to be really positive and encouraging, so this can really make your day when you are in doubt about the sense of life etc. Recently, I found this interview of a Life-between-life regression therapist. She was trained in the method and teachings of Michael Newton, which are well known to some people here on the forum. So this might be especially interesting for those.

Listen from 13:00 to 38:20, if you don’t want to watch the whole video. These are the most relevant parts.

I’m really short on time these days, but I might share some of my own thoughts later on.

Hi Ocean,

This was a very worthwhile video for me. I can't say that it shook my paradigm, because I had already come to the conclusion that Newton's portrayal of the afterlife (besides being contrary to some things reported by others) seemed to be just a bit too neat and orderly (including the neat arrangement of soul colors). However, LBL therapist's experience with those who said they were forced to incarnate, and their disappearance from her practice after she stopped for a while (perhaps because of the impact they made on her), set me thinking along different lines than the LBL therapist. This is something I will need to think about for awhile.

Cordially,
S&S

However, LBL therapist's experience with those who said they were forced to incarnate, and their disappearance from her practice after she stopped for a while (perhaps because of the impact they made on her), set me thinking along different lines than the LBL therapist.

I'd say that the change,in what she noticed in her sessions, was caused by changes in her beliefs and expectations.

It's really curious. I was thinking along similar lines like baro-san that the shift she noticed had to do more with her and what kind of clients she would attract/want to deal with.
But she also said that this happened to other LBL therapists as well, the change happened "accross the board" according to her, and now sessions in general are different than before. (It would be interesting to know if other therapists can indeed confirm this, also in other countries.)
So my next idea was that the kind of people/souls who would seek regression and therapy changed for some reason everywhere, like the more joyful, adventurous and experienced soul would ask for regression now, instead of the more fearful or traumatized ones. But I really don't know.

Last edited:
Hi Baro-san/Ocean:

My immediate thought was more cynical and more ominous. I.e., someone or some "group" in the after-life realms saw what was happening and shut it down. I.e., the malcontents were getting a chance to let us know that not everyone is here voluntarily, and loves the chance to be here. I.e., the wrong "type" were getting a chance to "air their grievances" and make them public. Something that "they" don't want to happen. Why "they" would care, I don't know. But, dictators, large corporations, authoritarians and ordinary politicians and bureaucrats in our world often do (or try to do) the same thing: suppress information and data they do not wish to be made public. So, I am not really all that surprised.

It was also interesting to me that the LBL therapist, with no evidence whatsoever, immediately sought to come up with a benign explanation* for which (as far as I know) there is no proof whatsoever: some type of massive clean-up of the astral. By who, how, and why now? After all, it is not as if these unfortunate souls would stop existing in our world just because of some action taken against bad actors in the astral. However, it now seems that the malcontents in the physical are no longer able to make themselves heard. They are being blocked, diverted and/or silenced somehow.

This could be accomplished in a variety of ways. Maybe some (or many) were killed off in--and via--the recent pandemic, but the means does not have to be that gruesome. Just heap on the misfortune, especially financial misfortune (as this type of regression is not cheap--I checked), but all types of health, family, and/or personal problems can be effective in diverting people's attention and keeping them mired in their current situation and crises and unable to think of, or afford, something like LBL regression.

Alternately, perhaps some would respond better if riches and the pleasures of this life were heaped on them. And, it may be that "they" are experts in determining what means would work best in a particular case. But, somehow, I think they would prefer the former over the latter. Besides, it is definitely cheaper and perhaps easier to make happen.

Cordially,
S&S

PS*--I do and have often done the same myself. It is much easier and definitely more comforting to assume that there is a benign explanation in situations like this.
PPS--All of the foregoing is, of course, merely one (rather cynical) way of looking at the data presented. Hopefully, reality is not this harsh.

Follow-up---

I would be remiss if I failed to mention another possibility. Newton (and others) have mentioned that new souls have a very hard time, at least initially. So, I can understand that they might not want to come back, and that some were forced. Using the school analogy, I can honestly say that I really disliked the beginning of the school year and the end of Summer vacation throughout my childhood. You could even say that I was forced, since I had no choice in the matter. After a while, I got used to it and took it in stride. However, it was never something I looked forward to until college years (when the beginning of school brought a lot of positives--as well as an end to working full-time in the hot Florida sun).

However, even with this added into the consideration, two questions remain: (1) Why did this LBL therapist (and seemingly others she knew) get many such types; and then (2) have this type cut off? I still can see no answer other than the one posited above. This doesn't mean there aren't any, but I'll leave them for others to propose.

S&S

someone or some "group" in the after-life realms saw what was happening and shut it down.

Hi S&S!

While I was typing my previous post I was just thinking to myself: Someone who believes in the soul trap theory will probably come up with an explanation like this – The evil spirit beings noticed what souls were remembering while on Earth and shut their memories down to prevent the information from coming out, like some astral Men in Black 😅 I didn’t expect it would be you, though, who would post this. 😁

Anyway, it’s all speculation at this point. When I was listening to the regressionist, in my opinion, she made it clear the way she worded it that she is just speculating as well, when talking about the clear-up. So, I’m fine with her speculating like that, although her explanation doesn’t make much sense to me, either.

IMO it’s more revealing about ourselves now with what we might come up with, than about what is really going on in the astral dimension, because our ideas (and I’m sounding like baro-san now 😉) will be based on our current mindset, beliefs and expectations.

Using the school analogy, I can honestly say that I really disliked the beginning of the school year and the end of Summer vacation throughout my childhood. You could even say that I was forced, since I had no choice in the matter.

The very same analogy came to my mind, too, several times when I was listening to first-hand accounts of (seemingly ?) forced reincarnation or souls being urged to return to Earth after an NDE. In current life I always hated the summer holidays or weekends to be over. So, I’m much more inclined to believe in a scenario like this.
I hope to share some more thoughts on this soon (still short on time…). But as to why the shift in regression sessions happened I don’t have any answer.

But as to why the shift in regression sessions happened I don’t have any answer.

I believe that the shift she noticed resulted from her own growth. She started by applying what she learned, adopting the beliefs of her instructors. In time, she established a better connection with her own subconscious and inner guide, so her beliefs changed; I believe that those changed for the better. That made her a better therapist, who instead of fueling her subjects her own fears, began helping them to relax, find ease and peace, really helping them on their quest

A regressionist induces a light to medium trance in the subject, and inherently she gets herself into a light trance. This leads to a strong influence on the experience of the subject, the therapist subconsciously transmitting him her beliefs and expectations. The therapist is supposed to know this, and make a special effort to minimize the effect. As expected, as she changed her beliefs, she started to recognize those beliefs in other therapists too.

I believe that the subject, as we all here, needs to understand that he is guided here with love and care by his inner guides, and that should comfort him in his fears, and stimulate him to learn and grow. I think that the widely accepted belief that we are here to learn love, compassion, und such, is a misinterpretation, and it is as with kids and young pupils who are guided with love and care by good parents and teachers.

Hi S&S!

While I was typing my previous post I was just thinking to myself: Someone who believes in the soul trap theory will probably come up with an explanation like this – The evil spirit beings noticed what souls were remembering while on Earth and shut their memories down to prevent the information from coming out, like some astral Men in Black 😅 I didn’t expect it would be you, though, who would post this. 😁

Anyway, it’s all speculation at this point. When I was listening to the regressionist, in my opinion, she made it clear the way she worded it that she is just speculating as well, when talking about the clear-up. So, I’m fine with her speculating like that, although her explanation doesn’t make much sense to me, either.

IMO it’s more revealing about ourselves now with what we might come up with, than about what is really going on in the astral dimension, because our ideas (and I’m sounding like baro-san now 😉) will be based on our current mindset, beliefs and expectations.

The very same analogy came to my mind, too, several times when I was listening to first-hand accounts of (seemingly ?) forced reincarnation or souls being urged to return to Earth after an NDE. In current life I always hated the summer holidays or weekends to be over. So, I’m much more inclined to believe in a scenario like this.
I hope to share some more thoughts on this soon (still short on time…). But as to why the shift in regression sessions happened I don’t have any answer.
Hi Ocean,

Probably not "MIBs" and I don't think I am a "soul trap" person (though that may be because I am not certain what the term means)--however, I do have mixed feelings and mixed thoughts about how to interpret the available data/information. For example, most of the time, I take a fairly straightforward approach to the interpretation of current and historical events. One can overthink things, the simplest interpretation is usually the best, and there generally is no need IMO to bring non-physical actors into the picture in order to explain what goes on in this plane of existence. However, there are exceptions, and at times I have a strong sense that there are other powerful forces working behind the scenes, and not necessarily for the betterment and advancement of human welfare and the best ideas and ideologies. Consequently, though I am not susceptible to every conspiracy theory that comes along, I am not unsympathetic to the impulse that generates such theories. And, I do not find it necessary to believe that any such bad actors are limited to those in the physical. As a matter of fact, as a Christian, I find that extremely unlikely. (You may want to review the Biblical quote I posted above).

Cordially,
S&S

PS--I also have had a long life and therefore have a long perspective in terms of what has been happening in the world generally over the last 50-60 years. From that perspective, despite some very positive changes, I see a long-term decline in Western Civilization over this period. Likewise, a very radical down-turn in Western and World Civilization since the turn of the millennium. To the latter I would also add the fact that our chances to survive on this planet since the turn of the millennium seem to have radically declined. I.e., I am far less optimistic than I used to be in general about "the big picture", though there is certainly no reason to give up hope.

Last edited:
It so bothers me and has for so long that nobody close to me remembers anything about their past lives. Well one friend (a Doctor) just admitted that he was a soldier in not one but two wars (died in both). I just do NOT understand how someone could live an exciting life like say Whitney Houston or substitute any famous person and than they die and are reborn and remember nothing. How is that possible?

Some remember and most don't .

An issue is that past life memories can be traumatic and further destabilize the mind if remembered at present.

There are past life techniques in ashrams which one can try only after attaining adequate mental equanimity through spiritual exercises and meditation., so that one is not agitated or affected by such memories.

Osho stated that non-remembrance of past lives is a protective mechanism or layer in the unconscious installed by nature. In those who happen to remember their past lives, this layer is absent.

Back