• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A past Life Reading!?!!!???!???!?!?!?!?

Ankhe

I have tried to meditate and do past life hypnosis, however it never works, it feels as if, I'm just simply imagining my visions.
I would like to have a reading, can someone suggest to me, someone who can can do accurate readings?

The thing with that is, if you can't trust your own findings, it's even more of a leap to trust someone else's.

My advice personally would be to persist with your meditations and strengthen your connection with spirit and your guides, so you can ask for specific things in time and they can help you get accurate information you can research and verify.

I don't trust anything I get from hypnosis tapes either. It all seems like the sort of rehashed maudlin stuff I get when I try to write fiction. (I'm a writer, but not a good one, and especially not when it comes to fiction. :laugh: ) I wouldn't rule out psychic readings, but to my mind they might be right, or they might not be, and unless you yourself have some intuitive sense as to whether they're right it makes it all useless anyway.

If you decide to pursue a reading just keep in mind that even a good reading won't be 100% accurate, and, if anyone tells you that you were the Grand Poobah and had Great Magical Powers in Ancient Egypt, Atlantis, or the Court of King Arthur, try not to swallow it.

I was recently reading a pretty good book written by an Akashic reader. Then, she started describing lives in Atlantis and Lemuria, and her work ceased to be credible, at least for me. Somehow, I just can't "go there". She reported that one client had been Aaron, the brother of Moses. I know this is possible, but it seems to me unlikely. Ankhe, how about a regression from a hypnotherapist? In the end, I have to agree with Sister Grey, and Conroy. You have to trust your own instincts. By the way, when self-regression tapes work, you feel yourself slipping into an altered state. The challenge is maintaining conscious control once you get there.

I think the obvious and overlooked indicators in your present life are the biggest clues. Id take a look at yourself and see what your latent interests (or adversions are) and go from there.

I wouldn't trust any one that gets spiritual or new agey. I think often, the answers and the way things work are more simple and scientific than we realize.

Anhke, I would recommend you read this thread. If you are serious, there are professionals in the field of past life research.

It is good that you skeptically look at your own personal journey. Discernment is incredibly important. Its easy to jump into assumptions and scenarios that are self inflating and ego oriented. I'd venture to say that many serious believers of reincarnation will not discuss many past life memories. They are often painful and traumatic.

Past life memories are not for the weak of heart, and, in my opinion, not for recreational discovery. The soul is on a journey and in that process we grow and learn. The purpose of which is left for the myriad of philosophies man has divined. When it is your time to remember... you will. That being said, we walk through our current lives with the signs of past lives all around us. As someone mentioned above, an easy trait to see is in the very likes, dislikes, fears, phobias, birth marks and people around us. The common life threads are a culmination of the souls past journeys. Will we know the stories behind them? Not always, most of the time never. The point is to see your life from a broad perspective and ponder the direction it is taking. We have several great members here who've never had a specific memory, yet they have the inkling... the certainty, that they've been "here" before.

Use your interest in the past to better your character now and in the future. Read, research and explore your interests and fears. Study reincarnation via all of the resources we've compiled on this site. AND, when you least expect it, a memory will hit you like a ton of bricks. When you're ready to make a regression go see a professional, they'll help you understand it all. It's not cheap, but for me it was a revelation with incredible boundaries. At the same time it was quite traumatic and terribly sad. I would not have wanted to go through the experience with an untrained therapist. Her skills as a doctor of counseling and therapy helped me understand and deal with the issues that arose.

Good fortune to you in this life. Curiosity is the beginning, wise discernment is the mode.

Tman

I've had a bad experience with "readings." I was able to prove the psychic wrong on her information (what, she didn't think I was going to do research afterwards? I might have only been 17, but I wasn't stupid) and when I asked her to explain herself she flipped out... it wasn't worth it.

Trust yourself, it'll come when it comes. And if it doesn't, it isn't supposed to.

Good luck!

Back