• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Anyone know what language this is?

Misty8723

Senior Registered
Lewyenao bros aireritari tase aoarye hedare rerae tase ses nuz jes wyck nibli. Sesadoi toci dalep.

Actual language, I think. Found on this page. Although I see now that anagrams is part of the address, so maybe it's a moot issue.

I searched for Jeswyck, which appeared in one of my PLR sessions, and not much came up but this. I saw the actual word spelled that way during the session, so I don't think phonetic on that either (but who knows). I was thinking name, but couldn't find that as a name either.

Google Translate having a lot of trouble with this .Lewyenao is detected in Google Translate as Swahilli. "tase aoarye hedare rerae tase" comes up as Estonian. "Sesadoi toci dalep" as Slovak. Some of it comes up as English. The language might be a pidgin (combo of two languages). Its a tough one. I would look in the Uralic language family for it, since that is where most of it seems to belong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uralic_languages

Thanks for checking. I had trouble with the translator too. The site looks like a lot of different languages. I guess I'll have to go on to something else :cool:

Misty you may be dealing with a "dead language," one that is no longer spoken. It may have left several "daughter" languages behind. Good Luck!

I'm sorry but the text on that page isn't in any language. It just looks like an anagram to me. If you Google it, you'll also see people wondering about that site and how it just generates text that looks like a language but isn't.

Have you considered spelling changes? A person's name can end up being spelled differently on old records.

Phthalo said:
Have you considered spelling changes? A person's name can end up being spelled differently on old records.
Also keep in mind that in olden times the "common" people were mostly illiterate. Your spelling could be phonetic.

argonne1918 said:
Also keep in mind that in olden times the "common" people were mostly illiterate. Your spelling could be phonetic.
Didn't think of that, since I saw it spelled out in my mind.

"tase aoarye hedare rerae tase" is not in Estonian. It contains only one Estonian word and this is "tase" which means level :)

I tried words of this sentence with google translator (which suggests on its own language) and I got Haitian, Maori, Igbo but no translations..

It's not a dead language.

It just generates random text that looks like a plausible language. Maybe it turns words into anagrams (based on the URL) but I don't know.

To confirm this impression, I Googled the site... turns out there's some speculation about it is but the general conclusion is that it makes garbled text.

Back