• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Astrology/South nodes...What was your last life's sign?

Sarellah

Senior Registered
Apparently your South moon node determines your last life's astrological sign. What was it? Can you picture that? http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_north_and_south_node_dates.shtml

Apparently I was a Gemini in my last life...I can definitely see myself as having been a communicative spirit in another life, albeit an emotionally disconnected one, because that's how I am now, haha! I bet I'll be a Gemini in my next life too just because I feel I still need to get that emotional intelligence and those social skills drilled into my brain lol

I doesn' t work, I tried it with three people who knew who they were in their past lives and when they were born, nothing matches. Sorry!

I'm a bit iffy with Astrological signs. I find it hard to believe that seven billion people can all be separated into twelve groups. I feel like we can find a bit of ourselves in almost every one without much effort. Not to be negative or anything!

Sarellah said:
Apparently your South moon node determines your last life's astrological sign. What was it? Can you picture that?
According to Edgar Cayce people who die prematurely will be born with the Sun and Moon signs the exact opposite when they are next reborn. This is true with James Leninger and the pilot James Huston who was shot down over Iwo Jima in 1945. James Leninger has memories of being Jim Huston. It was also true in a recent case in this forum. http://soulsurvivorbook.wordpress.com/

Edgar Cayce also said that people who die after a long life will be reborn with the same Sun and Moon signs that existed on the day they died.

Sarellah said:
Apparently your South moon node determines your last life's astrological sign.
The problem with blanket statements like this, is that it only causes more people to discount the relevance of astrology.

The south node will indicate where our strengths were in 'other/previous' lives ... i.e. what we have mastered in our previous life OR 'lives' and don't need to revisit again in this life. Hence the north node is where we should concentrate our energies on in this life. When a person reverts to the south node's energies, their life won't seem to be running all that smoothly/easily/effortlessly.

The south node RARELY indicates the sun sign of a person's most recent past life. Given most of us have lived many lives, the experiences/lessons we set ourselves in this life are unlikely to be connected with the events of just ONE lifetime.

@argonne1918, I've seen the sun/moon reversal a number of times, but it's not the only thing one looks out for because, for one thing, not everyone's previous past life was cut prematurely short. And, in the James Leininger case the astrology revealed a lot more than just the sun/moon reversal >> astrology is complex.

argonne1918 said:
According to Edgar Cayce people who die prematurely will be born with the Sun and Moon signs the exact opposite when they are next reborn. This is true with James Leninger and the pilot James Huston who was shot down over Iwo Jima in 1945. James Leninger has memories of being Jim Huston. It was also true in a recent case in this forum. http://soulsurvivorbook.wordpress.com/
Edgar Cayce also said that people who die after a long life will be reborn with the same Sun and Moon signs that existed on the day they died.
Interesting. I had to go find my moon sign. Its Capricorn. My sun sign is Leo. SInce I think my last life was cut short, It would be reversed.

firebird said:
@argonne1918, I've seen the sun/moon reversal a number of times, but it's not the only thing one looks out for because, for one thing, not everyone's previous past life was cut prematurely short. And, in the James Leininger case the astrology revealed a lot more than just the sun/moon reversal >> astrology is complex.
I know. I was trying to simplify it without going into a lot of detail.

hi, not been on here for a while so good to catch up. I'm really interested in astrology as to how it shapes your personality and how you get oin with other signs but take in the importance of moon and rising signs.

I was a capricorn in my last life, not a sign I relate to well in this one. Though I had a pisces moon and was described as dreamy, (don't know what my rising sign was.) This life I have cancer moon and pisces rising and relate well to water signs.

If I'm right about my mother her birthday was 26/4 last life, she's 27/4 in this and another taurean friend was also taurus in last. Not sure if follows through constantly though.

Sorry to revive this thread, but I couldn't resist.

@firebird, thanks for clarifying. Do you have links to sites where I could read more about this? I've used Google to find a description of what different nodes mean, but mine doesn't seem to match up at all -- it does in a generic sense, but not more than that, I think.

@argonne1918, that's interesting. I just reversed my Sun and Moon signs, and if I died a premature death in my past life like I suspect I did, my Sun sign would be one I identify with a lot in this lifetime (I identify with my current one more, obviously). Even if there are more factors that should be considered in this, I thought it was neat.

Hi Phthalo, I don't know what you're trying to match your nodes against. If either node is forming an aspect with other natal planets, that too must be considered ... in fact the WHOLE natal chart should really be looked at. For example, the cusp sign/ascendant, 12th house, saturn, and moon/sun placement are also important in past life analysis. There are many good astrology websites, so if you've found nothing that satisfies you on the web, maybe try an esoteric store that sells astrology books, or you might think about consulting a professional astrologer if you have a specific past life you want to look at.

I was asking about how to interpret those nodes, what their function is :) I completely agree that looking at the big picture is helpful, and I'll certainly ask an old classmate who has offered to look at my chart for me before, but I was looking at this just for the sake of curiosity for the time being, so I was looking at basic meanings for now. If this makes sense.

I doubt the sun and moon reverses...I think it's more like our karma determines our next life. Who knows what sign we were in our last life?

Phthalo said:
I was asking about how to interpret those nodes, what their function is :) I completely agree that looking at the big picture is helpful, and I'll certainly ask an old classmate who has offered to look at my chart for me before, but I was looking at this just for the sake of curiosity for the time being, so I was looking at basic meanings for now. If this makes sense.
If you want "basic meanings", a lot websites cover this - Café Astrology is one. If you want an indepth discussion, then Jan Spiller's book on the lunar nodes called Astrology for the Soul is the best book I've read on this subject. The recent edition has a yellow cover, and the old one has a blue cover (the one I have). Highly recommended.

Red Night said:
I'm a bit iffy with Astrological signs. I find it hard to believe that seven billion people can all be separated into twelve groups.
I don't see it as simply 12 different groups...no two individuals are born at the same moment in the exact same place...each variable has additional variables of its own, so, while I may be a Taurus, no one else shares the exact time and location of my birth...even a twin would be a minute before or after my own birth and that can make all the difference in an astrological calculation.

I am reminded of a course I took in celestial navigation...two source volumes from which you obtain referenced data and with the particular time and information found through your sextant, allows you to make the 12 sequential calculations needed to determine your location...any single error amongst the 12 calculations and you are not where you calculated yourself to be.

Edgar Cayce said that at the moment of a child's birth, "the Universe stood still." The soul was channeled into the body at the time and place for a proper astrological alignment with the life purpose. After that, free will comes into play, and the individual decides how to react to life situations. As I read Cayce, my respect for his wisdom grows.

Back