• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Can one block a soul mate ?

Jaimie

Hi !

I have a weird question to ask...not sure anyone can answer but I thought I will give it a shot.

It's like this: I have experienced several past lives. I think I have recognized one in my soul group. This person has a lot going for him ( so far in my experiences he is male in each life ), yet he chose to do violent acts.

One of my most anxious times during regression and flashbacks is this' person's violence.
He gets all mean in his eyes. His attitude. Trouble controlling himself. I have been in the role of his wife several times even if it has been hundreds years apart. I know that violence was more common in history and not judged as it is today. Everyone basically went around smacking each other now and then ( depended on social class or other power-factor ) or that is at least the feeling I get when looking back.

What feels so unfair is that from the scenes I have experienced he is doing all the violence and I don't. I am sure that my actions, words that came out of my mouth could have triggered him. I am sensitive. Only when I get mad enough I get tough enough and been told that people are shocked by my temper then, that I can be strong too. Then I don't care who they are. If they are my boss or who ever. It is like people don't expect me to have those 2 different sides to me.

I hate violence. My soul is hurting from these experiences. I see someone who has not learned his lesson, who keeps repeating himself and we are talking hundreds of years of learning. I mean, so much has changed in society. But he has not. Again it is really sad because I can clearly see that he has other qualities about him that are good, really good.

I keep thinking why has I or someone else not seen this coming before ? Why being reborn together? Be thrown into the same and, or similar situation again ?

Is it possible to block a soul mate ? To not be exposed to that soul until he has learned his lesson to not use violence in the future ?

Same soul mate has love for me too, but I fear we have quickly gotten on the wrong foot 'caus my soul feel fear, feel his capacity to use violence and my love won't be released. Not really. It is depressing. It is a bad circle.

I am frankly afraid to have any flashbacks because I do not wish to discover any scene from any past life where his violence shows up.

I feel blessed that I have not been the victim of violence in my current life. It is not at all the view I have of men so please do not think I regard men = violent, because I don't. I so don't.

Please, share your experience of this. Can one ask to block a soul mate ? If so, how does one go about doing this successfully ?

Sorry that my explanation turned out to be this long story. Hope I did not loose you on the way.

Thank you for your time to read this ! :)

/Jaimie

my personal experience ..

My uncle died a few years ago... Several times I have had those in my life who have passed visit me after they pass..
I had been through a lot this life where I came to terms that some people need not be in my life as they do not add to either of our happiness

and that I could have some say ...

My uncle did have a visit with me a week after he died.. He asked if he could be with me in my next life. I felt strongly that was not a good idea > And I do wonder that my thoughts will be honoured .. I felt after saying that that things felt peaceful and in order ...

Hi !

I have a weird question to ask...not sure anyone can answer but I thought I will give it a shot.

It's like this: I have experienced several past lives. I think I have recognized one in my soul group. This person has a lot going for him ( so far in my experiences he is male in each life ), yet he chose to do violent acts.

One of my most anxious times during regression and flashbacks is this' person's violence.
He gets all mean in his eyes. His attitude. Trouble controlling himself. I have been in the role of his wife several times even if it has been hundreds years apart. I know that violence was more common in history and not judged as it is today. Everyone basically went around smacking each other now and then ( depended on social class or other power-factor ) or that is at least the feeling I get when looking back.

What feels so unfair is that from the scenes I have experienced he is doing all the violence and I don't. I am sure that my actions, words that came out of my mouth could have triggered him. I am sensitive. Only when I get mad enough I get tough enough and been told that people are shocked by my temper then, that I can be strong too. Then I don't care who they are. If they are my boss or who ever. It is like people don't expect me to have those 2 different sides to me.

I hate violence. My soul is hurting from these experiences. I see someone who has not learned his lesson, who keeps repeating himself and we are talking hundreds of years of learning. I mean, so much has changed in society. But he has not. Again it is really sad because I can clearly see that he has other qualities about him that are good, really good.

I keep thinking why has I or someone else not seen this coming before ? Why being reborn together? Be thrown into the same and, or similar situation again ?

Is it possible to block a soul mate ? To not be exposed to that soul until he has learned his lesson to not use violence in the future ?

Same soul mate has love for me too, but I fear we have quickly gotten on the wrong foot 'caus my soul feel fear, feel his capacity to use violence and my love won't be released. Not really. It is depressing. It is a bad circle.

I am frankly afraid to have any flashbacks because I do not wish to discover any scene from any past life where his violence shows up.

I feel blessed that I have not been the victim of violence in my current life. It is not at all the view I have of men so please do not think I regard men = violent, because I don't. I so don't.

Please, share your experience of this. Can one ask to block a soul mate ? If so, how does one go about doing this successfully ?

Sorry that my explanation turned out to be this long story. Hope I did not loose you on the way.

Thank you for your time to read this ! :)

/Jaimie
Jaime,

I have a saying with myself. Once shame on you, twice shame on me! If the lesson is not learned the first time then it falls on you for allowing it to happen because we now tend to fall into the victim roll which in part is also a soul lessons as well. Part of soul mate relationships is about learning to balance things out with each other and work together in unity as one. However these soulmate relationships can be quite intense because it forces us to really look at yourself inwardly and face what we truly need to learn even though we don't what to see that part our self.

Over the years I have discovered that we have more than just one soul mate. Thank God! And we don't always incarnate having one while being physical. Or they play a role in our life that is not on a romantic level either. I have had three major relationships in my present life. Each of them every different. At first they felt like a soulmate relationships but in the end the relationship was in reality a karmic one instead. (oh lucky me!) Being born an only child with no family other then my mother who has translated 2 years ago and as far as I know having no soulmate in this lifetime my soul lessons to learn is to be self sufficient, independent and inwardly strong. This is no mistake but a karmic lesson for me being played out.

As my current life lessons are based on two different PL. One was I committed suicide over a love affair gone wrong ( I was female in that one in Scotland , The Second I was a member of the royal court of the catholic church in the middle ages and my job was to do gods work and find out those who was homosexual within the kings court and out them there by having them executed by means of being beheaded.

For you see the suicide one I hurt those that loved me family and friends and left behind not realizing how it would affect them after I killed myself. The Royal court life I felt I was doing gods work by executing sinful gay people in the name of the lord there by deriving pleasure for my actions feeling superiority above others. However in reality I had disconnected myself to the unconditional love (spirit if you will) that flows thru all things within the cosmos.

So the soul theme for all of this in this life is learning about unconditional love and the connection to all life and souls through to cosmos. So as soul I chose to be an only child having no real blood family so that I could learn to love and give back to those that I hurt and loved thru the suicide life thru the family of choices now (my group of friends in this life) And the Royal court life I chose to experience the very thing I hated the most being gay in this lifetime so that I may understand empathy by walking a mile in my neighbors moccasins.

This is how karma works. Not to punished but to teach the soul by it's own experience. So perhaps yours is learning about healthy bounders for yourself and letting go allowing that soul mate to learn their lessons. As we all have free will. By doing so you will heal inwardly and more than likely attract someone else in your life that is closer to your spiritual level of understanding. But this can't happened until you let go.

Hope this helps some. Good luck to you.....

Love and peace...

P.

Last edited:
Jaime,

I have a saying with myself. Once shame on you, twice shame on me! If the lesson is not learned the first time then it falls on you for allowing it to happen because we now tend to fall into the victim roll which in part is also a soul lessons as well. Part of soul mate relationships is about learning to balance things out with each other and work together in unity as one. However these soulmate relationships can be quite intense because it forces us to really look at yourself inwardly and face what we truly need to learn even though we don't what to see that part our self.

Over the years I have discovered that we have more than just one soul mate. Thank God! And we don't always incarnate having one while being physical. Or they play a role in our life that is not on a romantic level either. I have had three major relationships in my present life. Each of them every different. At first they felt like a soulmate relationships but in the end the relationship was in reality a karmic one instead. (oh lucky me!) Being born an only child with no family other then my mother who has translated 2 years ago and as far as I know having no soulmate in this lifetime my soul lessons to learn is to be self sufficient, independent and inwardly strong. This is no mistake but a karmic lesson for me being played out.

As my current life lessons are based on two different PL. One was I committed suicide over a love affair gone wrong ( I was female in that one in Scotland , The Second I was a member of the royal court of the catholic church in the middle ages and my job was to do gods work and find out those who was homosexual within the kings court and out them there by having them executed by means of being beheaded.

For you see the suicide one I hurt those that loved me family and friends and left behind not realizing how it would affect them after I killed myself. The Royal court life I felt I was doing gods work by executing sinful gay people in the name of the lord there by deriving pleasure for my actions feeling superiority above others. However in reality I had disconnected myself to the unconditional love (spirit if you will) that flows thru all things within the cosmos.

So the soul theme for all of this in this life is learning about unconditional love and the connection to all life and souls through to cosmos. So as soul I chose to be an only child having no real blood family so that I could learn to love and give back to those that I hurt and loved thru the suicide life thru the family of choices now (my group of friends in this life) And the Royal court life I chose to experience the very thing I hated the most being gay in this lifetime so that I may understand empathy by walking a mile in my neighbors moccasins.

This is how karma works. Not to punished but to teach the soul by it's own experience. So perhaps yours is learning about healthy bounders for yourself and letting go allowing that soul mate to learn their lessons. As we all have free will. By doing so you will heal inwardly and more than likely attract someone else in your life that is closer to your spiritual level of understanding. But this can't happened until you let go.

Hope this helps some. Good luck to you.....

Love and peace...

P.
Thanks very much for your answer :)

Do you think it is possible to ask a spirit guide if I was to ever attempt past life regression meditation again, that is, to block memories involving that violent-person in particular ?

Is it possible to block a soul mate ?

Of course, you can block anyone and anything you want. You have free will. Why would you doubt about that?

When you say 'soul mate' I guess you mean someone from your soul group? I never make a distinction between different types of soul friends. A friend is a friend and don't underestimate your 'enemies', cause they're probably your friends as well. :p
I've heard the stories of close friends. Their 'murderers' from the past are loved ones in this life. And I suspect the same twice in my own history.

And in this life, if you don't want someone around you, just break the connection.

Do you think it is possible to ask a spirit guide if I was to ever attempt past life regression meditation again, that is, to block memories involving that violent-person in particular?

Just try it, Jaimie. Maybe it's enough just to see memories but not feeling the emotions. I have an odd/silly way of blocking. I didn't invent it, it just happens now and then. When there are cruel scenes, my visuals change into drawings. The 'movie' freezes itself and becomes a work of art. I know by now that the content must have been too painful. But sometimes this censorship doesn't work. Especially when visuals from multiple former lives follow at a quick speed. I still remember one example very clearly. I was in a regressive mood, seeing visuals all the time from multiple and seemingly unrelated lives and suddenly there was this scene in which I was Korean or Japanese (wearing a traditional kimono) and the man in front of me hit me in the face at full force. This had an incredible impact, came out of nowhere. (Then and in the Now).

Thanks very much for your answer :)

Do you think it is possible to ask a spirit guide if I was to ever attempt past life regression meditation again, that is, to block memories involving that violent-person in particular ?
Jamie,
You already have the ability within you to block out any memory you may have with this soul if you want so you don't need a spirit guide to ask permission. However remember that all experiences both good and bad during our soul journey here in the lower worlds of duality are stored within the soul body of all the past lives we have ever had.

However nature is kind in that each time we reincarnate we receive a new, physical, astral, and mental body each go around which has no memory of these lifetimes because it is stored within the soul/causal body. This is for good reasons as you already understand. And why most people have no memories of their past lives or don't believe we even have past lives at all. Most people identify instead with only the present personality being lived out. And that once that died that's it. However this is all apart of the illusion of Maya within the lower worlds being played out which keeps soul trapped if you will in what seems like endless cycles of birth and death ect.. However over time soul does figure out the game or matrix if you will and from this point on it's starts it's way towards enlightenment and will no longer need to be reincarnated within the lower worlds anymore.

But remember that bad things do happen to us are for a reason as well. After all we create it from a soul level. Because while here we must experience the duality of everything while here. But we tend to view things from a human state of consciousness which for the most part is very limited and can't see why this is happening to us. From a soul state of consciousness we can see and understand the bigger picture of what is really going on. Plus soul does not judge things as good or bad. That comes from the lower mind which is apart of human state of consciousness within duality. However soul is above duality so to soul its just an experience to have in order for it to evolve.

So you have the power already within you to let go of an experience you no longer need or serves you anymore and heal from within to move forward to the next level of your journey here.

Best wishes to you.

Love and peace always.

P.

Of course, you can block anyone and anything you want. You have free will. Why would you doubt about that?

When you say 'soul mate' I guess you mean someone from your soul group? I never make a distinction between different types of soul friends. A friend is a friend and don't underestimate your 'enemies', cause they're probably your friends as well. :p
I've heard the stories of close friends. Their 'murderers' from the past are loved ones in this life. And I suspect the same twice in my own history.

And in this life, if you don't want someone around you, just break the connection.

Just try it, Jaimie. Maybe it's enough just to see memories but not feeling the emotions. I have an odd/silly way of blocking. I didn't invent it, it just happens now and then. When there are cruel scenes, my visuals change into drawings. The 'movie' freezes itself and becomes a work of art. I know by now that the content must have been too painful. But sometimes this censorship doesn't work. Especially when visuals from multiple former lives follow at a quick speed. I still remember one example very clearly. I was in a regressive mood, seeing visuals all the time from multiple and seemingly unrelated lives and suddenly there was this scene in which I was Korean or Japanese (wearing a traditional kimono) and the man in front of me hit me in the face at full force. This had an incredible impact, came out of nowhere. (Then and in the Now).
Hi, I have always felt helpless when I have my flashbacks (when I am awake) and "dominated" by the voice that "rule" me during meditation from you tube and I basically am no good at self-meditation...so I was insecure about what one can do to control it better. Then it again it must be on some level myself that is making me remember so somewhere I should be in charge. Then again I don't understand why I would let myself go through violent scenes like that but maybe it makes sense on a soul-level and not my human brain level ha ha...Thanks so much for the advice :)

Jamie,
You already that the ability within you to block out any memory you may have with this soul if you want so you don't need a spirit guide to ask permission. However remember that all experiences both good and bad during our soul journey here in the lower worlds of duality are stored within the soul body of all the past lives we have ever had.

However nature is kind in that each time we reincarnate we receive a new, physical, astral, and mental body each go around which has no memory of these lifetimes because it is stored within the soul/causal body. This is for good reasons as you already understand. And why most people have no memories of their past lives or don't believe we even have past lives at all. Most people identify instead with only the present personality being lived out. And that once that died that's it. However this is all apart of the illusion of Maya within the lower worlds being played out which keeps soul trapped if you will in what seems like endless cycles of birth and death ect.. However over time soul does figure out the game or matrix if you will and from this point on it's starts it's way towards enlightenment and will no longer need to be reincarnated within the lower worlds anymore.

But remember that bad things do happen to us are for a reason as well. After all we create it from a soul level. Because while here we must experience the duality of everything while here. But we tend to view things from a human state of consciousness which for the most part is very limited and can't see why this is happening to us. From a soul state of consciousness we can see and understand the bigger picture of what is really going on. Plus soul does not judge things as good or bad. That comes from the lower mind which is apart of human state of consciousness within duality. However soul is above duality so to soul its just an experience to have in order for it to evolve.

So you have the power already within you to let go of an experience you longer need or serves you anymore and heal from within to move forward to the next level of your journey here.

Best wishes to you.

Love and peace always.

P.
It is beautiful to read what you have written. Makes me understand things better. And other people that don't have any flashbacks of past lives better too. To tell you the truth it is only quite recent when I have thought of me having a spirit quide (Poor soul, ha ha...) and I did not know what one can ask of such. Like i just told Firefly I have never felt in control when I have flashbacks or am under meditation, it is more like I am caught in the scene( s ). Now I feel more confident with all the good advice I have been given here. Thanks so much again :) and best wishes to you too / Jaimie

Hi Jaimie,

I hadn't realized that you did self-regressions with videotapes. Nothing wrong with that, but you are right. There is less control if you do it that way.
But still, you can block things. I remember that it took a long time for me to get used to a guided meditation, I never experienced anything, mostly I only saw greyness. And when it did finally happen, I saw sceneries that I wasn't looking for and had not much meaning for me. After I had experienced spontaneous memories (by triggers in real life), I slowly, slowly, slowly started to be able to do guided regressions by video. I remember that three times in a row, I started high up in the sky, in a plane with an open door to the sky. It didn't mean anything to me and I blocked it. I thought I was about to find out about former lives and this sky and these clouds were not interesting. After I blocked these images, I had another failed regression on my list, because after blocking, nothing else came through anymore.
The third time I saw this sky and clouds, I turned my head. I saw the inside of a military plane, soldiers sitting on a bench, waiting for their turn. I blocked it again. Unlike many others on this forum, I don't want memories of warfare. I don't want to be there. So I refuse. (maybe it's still too fresh)

My Mayan memories came through a guided regression by video. I've never had that kind of 'success' before using a video but also here I blocked many things. It all started with drawings of vultures in a grey mist (yeah, those vultures must have been a traumatic part at the end of that life) and later on, I refused to face my own death as well. I panicked every time again and pulled my headphones from my ears, just to stop the process.

In another regression, that started with a real-life trigger (pain in my back, that came so many times during my current life) I meditated on this pain and spontaneously regressed to an old dungeon where I was mistreated, tortured. In this one, I relived the fear just before and the misery of dying afterward in an even deeper dungeon (just a hole in the ground). My soul blocked the tortures out of the story.

Several times, when I am in an emotional reliving of the past, my current body reacts as if it is there. As if the bodies are still connected somehow. So, that might be an explanation for me blocking so much in regressions. It's not just looking at pictures, it's reconnection.

So, back to you. If this man shows up next time in a regression, you might tell him you are done. You don't want him anymore. That you evolved and that you are no longer 'that girl' / 'his girl' anymore. I think that's better than just flat out blocking. Energetically speaking. Take control over the situation. It's one thing to go through all kinds of memories (mental videos) but it's next step to do something with this new knowledge. Healing yourself in the Now.

Back