• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Can one past live, be more important than others?

Yulee

I guess what I'm asking is, if one past live sticks to you very strongly. What does this signify? Does this particular past life hold more meaning then all of the others? Or, does it mean that we are a New soul and,haven't lived very many lives?

good question! I have a past life that seems to be more prominent than others. I know I have other past lives, but one seems to bring up more memories in my everyday life now. Being that it was more recent past life may have something to do with it, but I'm not too sure on anything haha.

Hi I think perhaps more important in the intensity of a situation, or situations. If I was who I think I was in a pl, then I have in this life "a break" from that kind of intensive problems happening. Maybe to find back to myself, my strength or just a well needed break : ) ( so far, that is )

Hello Yulee!
I cannot say that I know much about past lives, but I would like to try to impart a little bit of my opinion if you do not mind.
I think that each life is very important, and that each serves a purpose as good as the other, however, maybe some lives are difficult to forget for their reasons. If we compare our past lives to days that we experience in this life, maybe some clarity to this issue can be met. For instance, I remember the night of my parent's separation very well, I also remember the only time my grandfather took me out to ice cream, but there are other less tragic and more uneventful days that I simply forget. All days are necessary, purposeful, and important, but some have very clear points that we can remember them by, maybe that is how past lives work too.
Thank you for sharing some food for our thoughts!

My own immediate past life is very prominent in my life and mind. I get daily reminders of it.

I figured it was because it is my most recent life and thus is the most like me currently.

Also if reincarnation follows a linear path on Earth it would make sense that the issues I'm grappling with currently are a direct continuation of that past life.

Those are the reasons why I feel that life is my most prominent one.

If one sticks out to you, there's probably something to learn from said past life.

I can remember my Native American past life pretty clearly and it's the only one I've seen in any real detail. Still have a lot to work through with that one.

I think each life is just as important to solve, learn things as the next, to take us to the next step. One has to learn to walk before one can run. Each step is just as important.

Hi Yulee,

I think you have already gotten some good responses. In my case, I only had one life that came to me at first, then later some inklings of others. None are very clear. But I do believe the first came for a reason, and also the little bit I recall of (or think I might recall) about some others also have served a similar purpose. They have helped me to understand myself better and to understand some of the unique problems I find in dealing with myself. There seems to be a reason for recalling in most cases. Sometimes a serious problem or trauma. Sometimes a lost love. Sometimes a need to know where and who we've been to better understand where and who we are now. The list could go on. It will be up to you to find out. It may never be totally clear, but I would be surprised if you did not already have some suspicions.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--No one chooses an online name like "Yulee" without a reason. Consequently, I think we are probably from the same "neck of the woods". BTW, I live down near Lawty. :cool:

I would like to echo what has already been said: no lifetime is objectively more important than the others, though there are many reasons why one may come up more often or may seem more important to the person in question. Sometimes it was simply the most recent, others it is most indicative of who you are today and what you are going through. It could be that there is some higher reason behind remembering past lives and that a particular one is remembered to teach a lesson. Or perhaps it could be that the soul gets nostalgic for certain lives.

The lifetime that sticks out for me is not the most well known of mine, nor was it the most relaxing. It was full of drama and intrigue, but between these intense events, I had a sense of calm and happiness that was almost amplified by comparison. I keep getting drawn back to that life by an odd sense of nostalgia. I once jokingly remarked that it seems the lifetime in question is merely my soul's favorite anecdote.

Hi Yulee,

I think you have already gotten some good responses. In my case, I only had one life that came to me at first, then later some inklings of others. None are very clear. But I do believe the first came for a reason, and also the little bit I recall of (or think I might recall) about some others also have served a similar purpose. They have helped me to understand myself better and to understand some of the unique problems I find in dealing with myself. There seems to be a reason for recalling in most cases. Sometimes a serious problem or trauma. Sometimes a lost love. Sometimes a need to know where and who we've been to better understand where and who we are now. The list could go on. It will be up to you to find out. It may never be totally clear, but I would be surprised if you did not already have some suspicions.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--No one chooses an online name like "Yulee" without a reason. Consequently, I think we are probably from the same "neck of the woods". BTW, I live down near Lawty. :cool:
Hi Yulee,

Cordially,
S&S

I know I was a German soldier in world war 2. I got shot in the head by a sniper, I have had dreams of my death and, my old life ever since I was a kid I loved germany. And, anything to do with world war 2 I almost feel heartbroken. I was 23 years old and had two sisters I lived on a farm befor the war. The reason why I asked this question is because I feel a deep heart ache in me that I have left somebody I loved behinde in Germany that is still alive. I have to find her but, I have little information about me I need my name. I know it sounds probably crazy to you but, I feel like I need to find her and, reunite what has been broken. I can't watch world war 2 stuff I cry my eyes out I can't play war games because my heart it breaks in two. I have a mission to find this woman that I loved.

Hi Yulee,

You're not alone. There are many people on this board who understand your dilemma. Many have felt these kinds of emotions as well. However, it will be difficult to accomplish your goal without more information. Have you tried to go through images from different areas of Germany to see if anything rings a bell or brings back any memories? Wonders can be accomplished via online searching. Do you have any sense of where you were when you died, or what your unit was? Little details can slowly add up to a great deal of information if you can leverage every small thing you learn into 2 or 3 more bits of information and then use these as a springboard to find 2 or 3 more, etc. There is also the regression route. Some are able to accomplish quite a bit with self-regression using Youtube videos. I had a bit of success with this up-front, but since then = nothing. Alternately, there are the professionals. You may be surprised on that front, as there are quite a few qualified professionals engaged in this type of work. Anyhow, I wish you the best.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--There are other past-life WWII German soldiers active on the board right now. Like you, they died during the war. So, you also have those here who can understand your situation from that perspective. You might want to search for posts by Tanker and read some of what has been written by him and others who died during the war. One common theme is the pain that comes from being represented as a monster not because of something terrible that you did, but just for fighting and dying as an ordinary soldier--often very bravely--on behalf of your country.

I know I was a German soldier in world war 2. I got shot in the head by a sniper, I have had dreams of my death and, my old life ever since I was a kid I loved germany. And, anything to do with world war 2 I almost feel heartbroken. I was 23 years old and had two sisters I lived on a farm befor the war. The reason why I asked this question is because I feel a deep heart ache in me that I have left somebody I loved behinde in Germany that is still alive. I have to find her but, I have little information about me I need my name. I know it sounds probably crazy to you but, I feel like I need to find her and, reunite what has been broken. I can't watch world war 2 stuff I cry my eyes out I can't play war games because my heart it breaks in two. I have a mission to find this woman that I loved.

I'm afraid there is no return to a life that is already finished. So, forget it. Re-incarnation is not a time-machine, or else, it'd get too ridiculous if everybody could go back to modify some details not entirely to his liking. I don't know what the purpose of re-incarnation is (hope it's not learning and getting more perfect), but it surely is not to please or console everybody.
You had a chance to return as a bodiless spirit to those dear to you in your last PL just before your last re-incarnation, when you chose THIS life you are living now. You don't remember why you did not do so (nobody does, amnesia, though regression can repair that sometimes), but it surely was YOUR free decision.

Every life is autonomous and should be lived as if it were the only life you ever had. We are not supposed to remember anything from our PLs at all.

The more I am on this forum, the less I can understand why some people are so keen on their PLs. What's the use of it? If we must extract some lessons from our PLs (which I seriously doubt), it is surely done somehow automatically by some mechanism within the re-incarnation, not by our spending our psychic health and money on regression therapies.

Something like this.

Last edited:
Hi Cyrus,

You're right in many respects, and you will see admonitions from time-to-time on the board that mirror your own. I.e., this is the life to be lived, not some other. However, there are some who are desperately seeking closure in regard to issues or loved ones from a prior lifetime. For them it is hard to concentrate on the present without getting some closure in terms of the past. Often they can't get it and just have to move on the best they can. But if they can avoid getting obsessed and destroying what they have now to do so, why shouldn't they?

Cordially,
S&S

Yulee,
I am sorry to hear of your tragic past in the Second World War. I do not know the effects of war, but I can sympathise with you in regards to losing a loved one in the midst of time. I know that that is rather difficult, and I am certainly here to feel that with you.
And though I do not know much, I will say that there may be a spark of hope for us. Many people believe in the theory that souls meet again from lifetime to lifetime. So, perhaps one day you will meet your loved one again if it is on your soul's checklist, even if things might be different than they were before. Though, if you are supposed to (and if you truly decide to) meet again, I do not think that you will require any conscious planning to do this. Instead, it will come naturally, your soul will guide you. I say this because I think that as Cyrus suggested, it is very important to live for today. You chose this life (according to my own doctrine) for a reason, and it is a very meaningful and important life (no doctrine needed). And despite the importance our past lives may hold or have held, I feel as though the greatest value is in planning for today, and living for this life alone, despite how difficult this may be at times. And though it is much easier said than done for some of us, I think that really living in and for the moment helps us to feel more at ease and complete in ourselves.
Please feel free to keep sharing your experiences, we are listening, and know that you are not alone. However, while solving what was left unsolved may seem like the best solution right now, maybe completing apart of the missing puzzle piece is in first learning to live in the moment (Though I do not know if this holds true, or if you have already tried this. It is only a suggestion that can be contemplated if you wish to do so). I hope that this makes sense, and again, thank you again for sharing with us.

Many people believe in the theory that souls meet again from lifetime to lifetime. So, perhaps one day you will meet your loved one again if it is on your soul's checklist, even if things might be different than they were before. Though, if you are supposed to (and if you truly decide to) meet again, I do not think that you will require any conscious planning to do this.

We all play such varied and different roles each lifetime. Father, Mother, Son, Daughter, Friend, Lover etc. My father in this lifetime (who recently returned to Spirit) was a friend in my WWII lifetime. My soulmate’s mother returned as my mother in this lifetime on the proviso I needed to learn lessons with her. This is why I find it very difficult to be sad when someone passes away, because I accept it very quickly and know that it’s not goodbye and I will see them again.

WWII on BOTH sides left millions of fragmented souls. These include not just the Germans (Nazi’s), Russians (Bolsheviks), Holocaust Victims and Survivors, but too also the British, Americans (especially those who went onto Vietnam and Korean wars) and others all over the world. We are all fighting battles that were unfinished or longing for things we missed out on or had so much hope in doing.

The reason why (in my own experience) we long for certain people from our PL’s is because of either how much happiness they brought to us, OR we were denied a chance to grieve or say ‘goodbye’. This is especially true for war victims because so much has been left undone that needed to be done.

The reason why I asked this question is because I feel a deep heart ache in me that I have left somebody I loved behinde in Germany that is still alive. I have to find her but, I have little information about me I need my name. I know it sounds probably crazy to you but, I feel like I need to find her and, reunite what has been broken

Yulee, this CAN happen, BUT the people you both are now are DIFFERENT. I’ve met the reincarnation of my soulmate, and they are different to how I remember them to be in WWII and I am different to how they remember me too. It took a lot of acceptance and understanding to realise that they will never be who I remember from Germany, but deep down they are still who I remember them to be.

I think what you have is a ‘physical’ longing for this person. You are longing for them physically (I had this and it took a LOT of soul searching and surrending to accept this) that physical part of them that made you feel happy and perhaps even safe. The best thing you can do is ask your guides to reunite you with their spirit and not the physical self. All our physical selves we were in Germany, are gone and buried never to return, but the spirit of them lives on.

I wish you all the very best and keep me posted on your progress :) It is difficult, but it can be done. I and most likely a lot of others are proof. Living, breathing proof.

Eva x

Back