• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Dream about plane crashes

Alona

I'm 24 years old, and half of my life similar dreams pursue me. I dream that I see a plane crash, in fact different accidents, but always the plane crash occurs not far from me. Usually it is big passenger plane. In my dreams I feel afraid and helpless.
I have an aerophobia and a strong fear of height, but I fly on airplanes of course. And I still very much afraid when the plane flying nearby.
Question: If I see not one, but a few different planes in my dreams could it in the abstract be a past life memory?

Maybe, but it also may be a representational form of a phobia or generalized anxiety.

In the various and many periods of stressful times in my life, I often dream I'm in a car that is going up and down an undulating roadway. And then eventually, after going up a hill, the car I'm in just keeps going up and I get that inevitable "falling" sensation and I wake up in a terror.

So I would think that if you already admit to having a phobia or anxiety, I would say that the dreams may simply be an expression of that.

However sometimes too, fears and things do come from past life sources, but either way, you can a mange the issue in this life (if you need to) by perusing therapy or even just finding someone to talk to about it.

I too had recurring dreams about large passenger planes crashing . I would always hear the roar of a plane being far too low, go to a window and witness it crash near to where I was. Only once did I dream about actually being on a plane when it crashed and that was odd as I wasn't 'me', it was the 1930's/40's and I remember actually dying.

I was once told that to dream about planes crashing was an anxiety dream that about setting your goals too high and fearing that they will figuratively 'crash and burn'. Would this make sense to you?

Have you ever dreamt of being on a plane when it crashes or are you always the witness?

Hello! I can totally relate! I have had countless amounts of dreams of planes crashing. I have an intense fear of Planes. I am scared of flying, but always do it when I need to. Like you, the majority of the plane crashes I dream of, I witness, I am not flying on them. When I was younger, about your age or even younger, I rented a little cabin with very thin walls. Every time a plane flew overhead, I could hear it, and I was terrified. I had to run outside and make sure it wasn't crashing. Recently, I've moved near an airport, and this has been stressful, but I have been getting to the bottom of my fear, so it's been a little easier. I did a regression, and saw myself as a WWII soldier. I saw the moment I died, in an air raid. I was on the ground, and the planes overhead were intense. I know you mentioned commercial flights, I was never sure in my dreams whether the planes where small or commercial. I have other fears attached to the war such as nuclear war and guns. Anyway, I would most definitely support your memories relating to a past life, especially if they have gone on for years, and continue for years, and there is no logical reason for you to fear planes.

I've had the "stuck at the airport" dreams and "running to catch my flight" dreams but not crashing plane dreams.

from an online dream dictionary:

To dream that a plane crashes suggests that you have set overly high and unrealistic goals for yourself. Your goals may be too high and are impossible to realize. You are in danger of having it come crashing down. Alternatively, your lack of confidence, self-defeating attitude and self-doubt toward the goals you have set for yourself is represented by the crashing airplane; you do not believe in your ability to attain those goals.

Since its different planes that are seen, I think its probably not past-life but is anxiety.

I feel like there will be a plane crash somewhere soon, I had a dream that a big jet crashed in a large city after takeoff, I think that it was United Airlines.

I really am very glad to find people who have similar dreams!

Totoro and Cryscat, thank you so much for the explanation. Maybe it is just anxiety; I think I should visit a psychologist and than the regression therapist))

Klarry, do you think it was a past life memory, when you died in your dream in 1930's/40's? Have you had a past life regression experience?

I remember just one inexpressive dream of being onboard, I was a pilot. In my dream I realized that the plane lost control and we are going down but I do not remember the moment of the crash.

I think it was a passenger plane and I was worrying about the passengers. Now I have a concern for others and an inexplicable sense of guilt. I think this may be related.

Nachtreiter, several times in my dreams I had also a clear conviction that I was in Latin America, I've got an irresistible attraction to this region.

Hoping4change, I'm really glad to see your comment, because you were able to confirm suggestion during a PL regression session. I'm curious if you could get rid of the phobia after a session of regression?

Chost of Gumby, I hope your dream about plane crash will not become a reality. Do you have any guesses about the city where the accident happens? Have you seen the crash right in the city center?

I've read this thread with interest.

I related in another thread my dream of crashing in an old DC-3 commercial airliner of the 1930s, which I felt was over the Pacific Ocean in WW2. Still trying to determine if it was a PL memory or simply anxiety...

However, a common thread running through this thread (no pun intended) is a fear, or anxiety about flying. Well, I'd like to add that many, many people are anxious about flying as passengers in modern commercial jets, myself included - and I AM a pilot (albeit of small prop planes in my spare time, not the "big tin" we see at major international airports)! I know that, in my case, my anxiety stems from two sources: 1) I am relinquishing control of my destiny to someone else. I KNOW what makes 'planes fly, how they are navigated, and all the things that can (but seldom do) go wrong. I want to be in control of all those factors myself, and the fact that I'm not makes me anxious. 2) We live in a dangerous world, and the threat of hi-jacking and bombs on-board is an ever present feature of modern air travel, which even modern airport security cannot totally eliminate. That makes me nervous! I am always relieved, particularly after a long haul, trans-atlantic trip, to be safely on terra-firma once more.

So, I would argue that whilst it is tempting sometimes to ascribe dreams of crashing aeroplanes to PL memories, in reality the majority are little more than manifestations of our anxiety about modern air travel. This anxiety is fuelled by such readily accessible TV programming as "Air Crash Investigation" etc. That's not to say that all such dreams can be accounted for in that way: certainly, if you have recurring dreams of a specific make and model of 'plane in a specific time period, then it's likely to be PL linked (in my opinion), but more general dreams of 'plane crashes can, I believe, be safely relegated to the anxiety manifestation category.

My thoughts, for what they're worth.:thumbsup:

[Chost of Gumby, I hope your dream about plane crash will not become a reality. Do you have any guesses about the city where the accident happens? Have you seen the crash right in the city center?

I have had many premonitions which later came true, especially concerning air crashes. In this dream, I've seen a large passenger jet crash in an urban area, I think that there are rows of apartments, but the plane crashes in an open area, like a park or lot, as there are also trees. ( could by NYC but it also could be any other city on the East Coast ) Only the tail section of the plane survives intact, and on the tail I saw the United Airlines emblem, the new one of the globe grid. The plane looks something like this

800px-United_Airlines_Boeing_777-200_Meulemans.jpg

Hi Ghost,

Can you offer some details on the 'plane crashes you had premonitions about? Dates, locations, types of aircraft involved, etc? Please don't think I'm doubting you - far from it. I'm just naturally curious about these things.

Regarding the picture of the jet you posted, it is either a Boeing 777-200 or Airbus A320-200, both of which United Airlines operate. The trouble is, all the latest commercial airliners - i.e. those designed within the last 20 years - all look virtually identical, so I can't tell which it is in your picture! But any crash, anywhere, is likely to feature either of those types, as they are so ubiquitous! Which means you are likely to have flown in one, and/or seen lots of them at any large airport you've been to. I mention this only because it's obviously important to guard against believing just what we want to believe. But I'm sure you are well aware of that already.

I have had many premonitions which later came true, especially concerning air crashes. In this dream, I've seen a large passenger jet crash in an urban area, I think that there are rows of apartments, but the plane crashes in an open area, like a park or lot, as there are also trees. ( could by NYC but it also could be any other city on the East Coast ) Only the tail section of the plane survives intact, and on the tail I saw the United Airlines emblem, the new one of the globe grid. The plane looks something like this

800px-United_Airlines_Boeing_777-200_Meulemans.jpg

Arrant, thank you for you comment! In fact, I am aware that it is only anxiety. I read Allen Carr’s Easy Way to enjoy flying, but I still have belief deep inside that I'm afraid of airplanes not without a reason. The planes attract me so much. I have mixed feelings, when they are flying nearby. It likes I eat very tasty fruit, while understand that it may poison me, haha.)

Chost of Gumby, interesting, very interesting!!!You probably have a talent for clairvoyance, many people has it and never know about it. Have your dreams ever become a reality?

Regarding plane crash nightmares that are simply a dream . . .

My husband has had them for most of his life. We, too, looked at dream dictionaries, but the descriptions didn't seem to fit. He wasn't anxious, he didn't feel out of control. It took us many years to figure out what that imagery meant for him. In the end, we discovered that they were prophetic, in a small way.

We now call them 'Windfall Dreams.'

Arrant said:
Hi Ghost,
[Can you offer some details on the 'plane crashes you had premonitions about? Dates, locations, types of aircraft involved, etc? Please don't think I'm doubting you - far from it. I'm just naturally curious about these things. ]

The most recent plane crash that I saw in a dream before it happened was the Air France Flight 447, en route from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to Charles de Gaulle International Airport in Paris, France. In a dream that morning, I saw the plane flying low, too low, over water, and then I learned later that same day that this plane had crashed into the ocean. I also saw the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania on 9/11 several years before that happened. However, I can never say when it will happen or where, I just see it. The fact that I can never add any more detals rather than a description of the scene is frustrating, I mean the date and location are important, but I never know such specific details. All I can say is that if this does actually happen, it is somewhere close, anywhere from Atlanta to Chicago or a East Coast city. I think that it may be a bad storm with hail that brings down the plane, that is a guess. The trees that I saw in the background seem to have young tender leaves, as though the time of year were spring. And it seems wet and humid around the plane crash site, as though a big storm has passed over.

I understand that a lot of people would generalize a plane crash dream as something not related to past lives. Although, I have asked many people if they dream or feel anything as I do. No one could say that they dreamed of plane crashes. I did have an experience one time when I flew where the plane dropped a lot of altitude. I was terrified, but this was not the be all end all of my flying. It kind of triggered my memories, but my dreams were never ever flying, they were watching a plane crash. I, like many, researched plane crash dreams. Nothing made sense. Since moving to my new home, I have woken from a dead sleep, screaming, and swearing I was going to die. The (helicopter) plane was going to crash into our home and we would die. I am certain after my past life regression that I did, in fact, die in a way connected with war planes. Since you bring it up, I am aware of planes flying over my home, but I do not anticipate them crashing as I did. I have also not had a dream about a plane crashing since my regression in August. I only realized this, because you asked if I had : ) I do in fact feel free of the planes. I am unsure if I could easily get on a plane and fly without fear at this point, because I haven't been in that situation since the regression. I can assure you, I would fly if given the opportunity. I think if I ordered a drink or two, it would be smooth sailing. I still feel hung up on other past life issues since the regression, but I do feel better about the planes. I hope this answers your question, Alona & best wishes on your search!

Back