• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Feeling the need to discover my past lives?

lilly

I have been interested in past lives for some time now. But it has been always more "come and go" interest which means that usually I read about other´s experiences, maybe do little research on reincarnation and meditation and that is pretty much it. I must say that I, myself, do not have any clear past life memories. Maybe only bits&pieces but nothing I can be sure of.

But this time, it is different and it is something I cannot explain. I feel like I have strong need to find out about my past life. I feel like something important happened in my previous life which would help me in this one. I do not know why I feel this way as I have never felt it before. Curious, yes of course and maybe even excited, but never so anxious.

I tried meditation but it did not give any results. Not that I am good at it, but at least usually I see something as soon as I close my eyes. This time no. I think I will wait till this feeling will pass but thought that I would share my feelings with you before and see what you think! :)

I find that urgent feelings or stressed attempts are often a block to the process. Let yourself relax over it, and chances are it will come on its own.

After all, you now know that you are interested and willing to find out. Your inner self can be trusted not to forget.

Thank you Mere Dreamer.

I know it and it is reason why I have preferred not to push it too hard and to enjoy process itself instead. For example I decided to learn how to meditate which is all in all useful skill! And reading about other´s past lives is just so interesting - a bit of history, a bit of culture, a bit of psychology and etc. So, I am pretty happy with where I am and with my decision to take it all calmly, step by step :)

This is why I am rather surprised by this feeling of sudden anxiety and feeling like this knowledge is essential(?!). I do not know...feeling pretty lost :D

I went through that same thing a while back. It was like an obsession that I find out. I really wanted to find out about my last past life, and I did find out some things which may have been from a hypnotherapy session. I've found out bits of other things too from self-regression tapes. It is no longer an obsession like it was for awhile, but I still am interested. It's just that any time I do the self regression now, I just fall asleep.

I would suggest you just keep trying and try to relax when you are doing them, because the insights I did get were ones that just came into my mind without my really trying very hard.

Good luck!

same here...

Hi Lilly,

I m in the same boat as you!

I have been researching on and off for a few years, drop it, come back to it etc

I would be really interested in finding out because I feel like there are unresolved issues in my life or things I can't explain.

I discovered this forum 2 days ago and I have been reading here a lot. The funny thing is I took a nap earlier today and had a dream of a past life ( I am positive about this) but I forgot it as soon as I woke up. ( this has happened to me a handful of times in my life)

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Hi Audrina

Welcome to the forum.

Just keep doing it. Before long something will 'click'.

Sometimes if the mind is struggling to work out a puzzle, it's better to try another approach. The emotions are often the way into these experiences.

...The funny thing is I took a nap earlier today and had a dream of a past life ( I am positive about this) but I forgot it as soon as I woke up. ( this has happened to me a handful of times in my life)...
For instance, with this dream - although you can't remember what happened, how did it make you feel? Happy, sad, nostalgic, whistful, angry, scared.....? Why? What impressions come to mind? They might be images, or words or 'inklings'. Don't dismiss anything, just go with what comes up first... You don't have to tell us about the details unless you want to, but this can be a useful exercise in retrieving information we think we have forgotten. Sometimes thinking about it this way can help with recall.

Back