• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Has any of you had a past life memory triggered by tv shows or watching documentaries?

Dont know if this applies, but I've always felt connected to the eighties and enjoy watching anything either from the eighties or in the eighties, it's like nostalgia even though I was born in 1996 lol. I watch documentaries or read newspapers from the eighties and feel like an everyday person reading or watching the "current" news in the morning while eating their toast. I dont feel that with any other age news--but I'm still in the beginning of my journey of learning about my past life, so that's about all I have to go off of lol.

It was old 70's and 80's kung fu movies for me. I just felt so at home watching people walk around in their robes and the old style houses.

This video came out in 1994. The original song was written by Eddy Grant and released by the band The Equals in 1966.

I remember feeling very strange as I watched this video.

In it the singer from U40 is placed in strict clothing and it is filmed like the old days mixed with the modern society.

In my past life she knew someone who would stand like that and it would come out on television (old television) like that. Only in my view I saw a man do a particular gesture with his head and neck,throat, at the time it was totally creeping me out as I recognize the song too but could not put 2 and 2 together (then I many years later saw it happening with the dude from old television archive that she had known). ;)

/Jaimie

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a historical Korean drama called Empress Ki that made me remember stuff too. The base of the show was about the Mongol Empire taking over Korea. Watching it definitely set off my past life memories as a Mongol ruffian.

Started watching this - Empress Ki. I’ve discovered I had a Mongol lifetime around the time of Empress Ki.

Also, the few episodes I’ve started watching of ‘The Empress of China’ about Wu Zeitan has got me going on. Got the feels and everything. Started researching in my late teens when I had a ‘Ancient China/Japan’ love. Out of all the Emperor’s and Empresses in Ancient China/Japan, I was most interested in her. Was I her? Don’t know yet, let’s see what happens when I watch more of the show and do more research to my curious feelings.

Eva x

I read once on another website that someone's memory was triggered by watching a documentary on a castle and they showed the basement of the castle. This person remembered being imprisoned there by her husband and left to die.

I feel some shows can be highly triggering. Its interesting to know if anyone here has had such triggers due to watching tv shows or documentaries?

I knew this story; a girl (about 14 years old) was watching TV shows of a ghost-hunter, and then suddenly she knew the place where her body was buried. Here is the Link to read the story
https://web.archive.org/web/20190225133257/http://www.beyondreligion.com/su_personal/reincarnation_buried.htm

Regards.

I recently cross path with a documentary on Lord Shiva. I was very drawn to him for some reason , started doing a lot more research. Watched shows on him, listening to his mantras and found comfort and healing.

There was a show Devon de ke mahadev, it showed the forest that he resides in Kailash it triggered a memory for me during my first time attempting meditation. I was in a forest with two guys guiding me, I quickly snapped out of it bc I thought it was disrupting my meditation and didn’t try it again the next day bc I needed to clear my head. But that memory kept following me around and I didnt know why, fast forward 2 years later here I am watching the documentary and it reminded me of it. it was so cool and calming

I read once on another website that someone's memory was triggered by watching a documentary on a castle and they showed the basement of the castle. This person remembered being imprisoned there by her husband and left to die.

I feel some shows can be highly triggering. Its interesting to know if anyone here has had such triggers due to watching tv shows or documentaries?
Yes! I was watching Gandhi the movie with Ben Kingsley and I recognized the land that was in India. I feel very strongly that I had a last life in India.

Yes, often. Even thinking about this one makes me shiver as I am writing these words. A YouTube documentary about operation "harvest moon" in Vietnam. The operation took place in 1965, exactly in the same area where I was fatally wounded. As soon as I heard the words Ky Phu (the village we went through before the ambush)," machine gun", "ambush" told by the veteran with background sounds of machine guns, I got chills, kind of panic attack and cried in English (not my language) that I didn't want to go left of the road , that I didn't want to die and that I wanted to go home.

Lately I was watching a documentary about Cleopatra, Julius Caesar and when they said bad things about Mark Anthony I reacted like it was not true . At once I thought he was a great man and that I was ready to follow him anywhere and die for him. Shortly after I had a vision of me as a soldier, sweating, taking off my helmet, it was so hot. I guess I had a life as a soldier in Marcus Antonius 'army.

I suspect one of my past lives had to be in ancient China somewhere around the military (either in it or married to it) because anytime I'm watching a period drama or movie and they get near the military it just feels... well, that certain way. Like there are memories there I haven't accessed yet. Chinese also comes so much more easily to me than any other foreign language (despite me knowing for sure one of my past lives was Japanese and I've got to have some in Western Europe as well simply because of my genetics) and listening to the old-style Chinese in (some of) the period dramas is... comforting? Maybe something with more historical accuracy than a drama might bring out actual memories. 😅

I've also heard from my soulmate (who is not currently in this life) that he "used to swing a mean spear like that" in a teasing tone so I suspect I first fell in love with him in China, too. 💚❤️💛

@Eva1942 and @Klaud I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who felt something watching Empress Ki! Pretty sure my obsession with learning more about the Yuan Dynasty (Mongolian-ruled China, 1271-1368) and late Goryeo (Korea, 918-1392) tells me something about WHEN this past life of mine in China probably was, probably around the end of the Yuan dynasty going into the Ming. (And if you want another good fantasy Kdrama that will get you going on deep dives into the history from that time period, try Faith aka The Great Doctor. Yes, it's fantasy, but it's fantasy based just enough in historical events that it got me wanting to know all of the MORE. Gi Cheol, the main villain, is Empress Ki's brother, which was a historical fact. Plus it's hard to go wrong with Lee Min Ho as the lead actor, just saying.)

yep! i was watching Dead Ringers by David Cronenberg, and wasn't sure what was making me feel so sick about it from even before I started, and much later, i found out that there was a true story behind it, which made me absolutely break down from emotion when I began my research. the true story and the movie have significant differences. cronenberg version is about brits in canada, not new yorkers, for instance. but i felt that some things were consistent enough with the truth. for instance, the Birthday Party scene with the smorgasborg of junk food. oof. I had similar reactions of familiarity with the recent tv series as well. for one thing, any time the character aligned with my potential-PL started emotionally eating i was like. oh yeah. accurate. in reality, he was found dead in what had essentially become a pile of discarded candy wrappers, soda bottles, etc.

Yes. Sometimes seems to be unrelated. But definitely yes.
I am watching a historical TV show, a death scene, and suddenly I have problems breathing and picture myself face-down in the mud. Maybe in a different situation or at another time, but still.
I watch something on youtube and feel insulted because a character (semi-"famous" historical figure) is being called names. I also feel somewhat proud of said character and slghtly guilty??? Later, the feeling, of a city, that "this is not my home anymore"???
A certain type of clothing worn by a character in a movie, and I just got the feeling/inner knowledge that I once wore something similar.
A medieval battlefield, and I suddenly see the vague shapes of people fighting with swords.
I suddenly smell gunpowder.
Weirdest thing was when I was watching a time travel comedy, when an injured man was brought to a monastery to be treated by the nuns in 1917, I suddenly smelled rose and lavender soap??? Looked it up. Lavender soap did exist at the time, women made it themselves.

Back