• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Hearing voices

KenJ said:
About five years ago, while driving on an inter-state highway to a doctor's appointment, when in the high-speed lane passing some trucks at about seventy-five mph, a male voice OUTSIDE OF MY HEAD near my left shoulder said "It will happen so fast" and then "You won't be able to do anything about it".
This is the first time I have ever seen someone else describe where my voice comes from. The first time I remember hearing it, I was 18, living in SF and I woke up at about 5am out of a dead sleep and I heard a voice say "He's going to die on your birthday". I instantly knew the voice was talking about my Uncle Bob. I spent every last holiday (this happened in late summer/early fall) with my Uncle & Aunt. Then on my 19th birthday, I was getting ready to go out with friends and right when my hand went to open the door to my apartment the phone rang. I already knew why. It was my mom saying he had just died. I truly believe without this warning I would have reacted very badly as I was already in a bad place emotionally. There have been other moments where the voice makes an appearance. It's always a direct, brief statement, and it's ALWAYS right...even when what it says doesn't seem possible.

I have heard an actual voice before which I believe to be from a spirit, the spirit of my future child, to be specific. I was lying in bed about to fall asleep and I was startled awake by a child's voice saying "Moom! Moom!" My husband and I had been discussing getting pregnant around that time. The voice I heard was LOUD, and it sounded real. But it was not coming from an external source (my kids were both asleep, and it was a little boy's voice- I think. I have girls.)

It may have been a hypnagogic hallucination due to the fact I was in a drowsy state when I heard it, but I was not asleep. The reason I believe it to be real is because other questionable things happened around the same time.

I do have a diagnosed psychiatric disorder (bipolar) so who knows, it may have something to do with that. I dunno.

well i met a gentlemen the other day... bless his soul... who seemed to be under the effects of mixed substances/abuse. he was homeless and i pray he reclaims his power... but he told me he heard voices and he isn't crazy. i believe him. but i believe the drugs are having a specific effect. i think when you feel out of place, like if you feel you're born in the wrong era and you're down on your luck and abusing your mind and body with drugs- your imagination is running rampant. in this instance, i believe he was experiencing a mixture of fear and imagination. he told me some story about the devil and jesus christ and how he was hearing voices that people with chainsaws were going to come after him. i felt really sad, like this is what some of those mass shooters hear and are manipulated by human forces for someone elses gain. i believe he is actually a sensitive and reasonable soul but the influence of substance abuse and maybe antidepressants and emotional turmoil are altering the ability so that the experience is ruled by fear which is basically his reality. i conclude it as some type of schizophrenia which is only apparent because of the drugs. pray he sees the light and reclaims his power.

now to share, there's time i've heard voices free of substance abuse. they're clear as day, even felt the breath of a whisper against my ear, that case was long ago when i was a child and i was so scared i asked whatever it was to go away and not be bothered again. i think since then the experiences are a bit different, but now communication seems to be coming back. i've had impressions in my mind, words in dreams i've never heard of in waking, idea's in waking that come in as my own voice. i've had some unique experiences from meditating too. once brave enough to face the unseen, communication wasn't as scary as i made it. it seems over time however, my hardened ego has really created a barrier between communicating with this unknown. well i thought i'd share the difference because what i'm getting at is, the ability is there- the difference is the state of mind. this man has an ability but his trauma and the drugs made for a different reality. it goes to show the importance in exercising ones will and taking the time in stillness to experience subtle reality. know thyself, eh?

well i met a gentlemen the other day... bless his soul... who seemed to be under the effects of mixed substances/abuse. he was homeless and i pray he reclaims his power... but he told me he heard voices and he isn't crazy. i believe him. but i believe the drugs are having a specific effect. i think when you feel out of place, like if you feel you're born in the wrong era and you're down on your luck and abusing your mind and body with drugs- your imagination is running rampant. in this instance, i believe he was experiencing a mixture of fear and imagination. he told me some story about the devil and jesus christ and how he was hearing voices that people with chainsaws were going to come after him. i felt really sad, like this is what some of those mass shooters hear and are manipulated by human forces for someone elses gain. i believe he is actually a sensitive and reasonable soul but the influence of substance abuse and maybe antidepressants and emotional turmoil are altering the ability so that the experience is ruled by fear which is basically his reality. I conclude it as some type of schizophrenia which is only apparent because of the drugs. pray he sees the light and reclaims his power.

now to share, there's time I've heard voices free of substance abuse. they're clear as day, even felt the breath of a whisper against my ear, that case was long ago when I was a child and I was so scared i asked whatever it was to go away and not be bothered again. I think since then the experiences are a bit different, but now communication seems to be coming back. I've had impressions in my mind, words in dreams I've never heard of in waking, idea's in waking that come in as my own voice. I've had some unique experiences from meditating too. once brave enough to face the unseen, communication wasn't as scary as I made it. it seems over time however, my hardened ego has really created a barrier between communicating with this unknown. Well, I thought I'd share the difference because what I'm getting at is, the ability is there, the difference is the state of mind. this man has an ability but his trauma and the drugs made for a different reality. it goes to show the importance of exercising one's will and taking the time in stillness to experience subtle reality. know thyself, eh?
I think our society yesterday and today (but hopefully better today but still very far where we should be in my opinion) go harsh on boys, men that show/are highly sensitive, shy, feel more as boys/men are supposed to be so darn tough from the get-go. I'm not saying that is an excuse for turning into an alcoholic/take on drug abuse but it could be part of a reason when you have to push down this side within you.

It is interesting what you describe hearing a voice when you were young. In a life from the 1950's I was in a relationship with a young man that was highly sensitive (he would go in one of my experienced memories "you're like me") and he had to try to hide his sensitivity at times (he was shy too so sadly some more insensitive saw it as him not having normal social skills or that he was ignoring people). I met a lot of those sensitive/highly sensitive kind in forums like show business (music, acting, being creative) or in the intellectual world. I could tell that he said nothing, he did nothing wrong but some people, both men, and women, would by instinct not like him and they would, in fact, come out as being rude, and him having a chip on his shoulders, being ready for this (he called it in one of my experience, his "bad reflex") would respond in the same manner and then look, be tough (as he always was his emotion) and they would be insulted or act insulted. Then they did not like "the man" in him. With me I could tell as much as I tried to push him he would swallow and instead look at me, but would also try to look away (he had one of those eyes that spoke, were different intensity in them regarding how angry he was, and if and when he looked at me this way it could almost paralyze me and I would look down and not say anything, would close up inside, which made it close to impossible for us to continue to communicate).

Anyways, in that life, he had lost someone important when he was just a kid and would by relative's witness speak to someone when he was still a kid and when asked who he was speaking to he said who it was. In that life, I was more spiritual, more open, more naked/vulnerable I think, and I too had lost someone that I would then have a spiritual connection with; I would "hear" him (telepathically). The way you describe it though is more physical than I think it was in my case but I can't speak for this other one I was in a relationship ways. I fear it is a jungle over there and I for one would have wanted to know, feel who is trying to communicate to me before communicating back, so you won't walk into some unexpected trouble but again you seem much more advanced and I would guess know what to do if that happens.

/Jaimie

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing CP, you remember the same kind of experience I shared about five posts previously. Those experiences make us believers!

hi, this might not be the thread for what I am to ask about, but I still wish to try

when a kid hears "horrible music" in her sleep, disturbing her sleep, but there is no music around to have created that and no other sound, could it be something paranormal ? the kid thinks it is me who creates the music/put it on but I haven't , not once.

also few times i can make out almost another language i can't quite place while the kid is dreaming but talking in sleep.

Could just be normal kid-stuff, but figure I ask.

thank you
/Jaimie

hi, this might not be the thread for what I am to ask about, but I still wish to try

when a kid hears "horrible music" in her sleep, disturbing her sleep, but there is no music around to have created that and no other sound, could it be something paranormal ? the kid thinks it is me who creates the music/put it on but I haven't , not once.

also few times i can make out almost another language i can't quite place while the kid is dreaming but talking in sleep.

Could just be normal kid-stuff, but figure I ask.

thank you
/Jaimie
Hi, some say they hear a noise that is uncomfortable when experiencing an out of body experience, and some hear voices too. When I was a kid I had lively dreams at night, did much sleep walking, and dreaming I traveled out in the universe and to all kinds of places, but being disappointing it was night time, dark and nobody else was there to play with. I was sure I could fly as I had done this at night. I did not believe it when grown ups said no human could fly. Is it possible to find out what the music sound like?
You have earlier told us your child has past life memories. Could be she remembers the language from a past life.

Best Wishes

Li La

Hi, some say they hear a noise that is uncomfortable when experiencing an out of body experience, and some hear voices too. When I was a kid I had lively dreams at night, did much sleep walking, and dreaming I traveled out in the universe and to all kinds of places, but being disappointing it was night time, dark and nobody else was there to play with. I was sure I could fly as I had done this at night. I did not believe it when grown ups said no human could fly. Is it possible to find out what the music sound like?
You have earlier told us your child has past life memories. Could be she remembers the language from a past life.

Best Wishes

Li La
Hi

how wonderful and scary for you at the same time.

If this is what is happening to my child, is there something I can do about it to stop it ?

/Jaimie

Hi

how wonderful and scary for you at the same time.

If this is what is happening to my child, is there something I can do about it to stop it ?

/Jaimie
This forum is first one for me to talk of this. When say it in life people only think I am crazy.

My guess is she hears the sound, wake up so she has not had a full out of body experience, only the beginning. Not to worry about. She decides herself when to stop. I believe during pregnancy and when children are little they have special protection from the spirit world. I was never in danger myself.

Best Wishes

Li La

Hi me again...this is not about hearing a voice, but my kid has lately began to whisper in my ear there is someone in the hallway, but no one is there, or she goes to say she hears steps, someone waking, only I can not hear them.... I swear, when she does the " there is someone here," it seems to be from a ghost movie or something. She is not at all easily that frighten, but she looks a little puzzled about it. She will first tell us where the sound is and then she will go herself to look. I can not see something or hear something. Her daddy can not do it either. The only time we talked of this was in the car when she was not there. How can she hear it and we can not ? She can stand a ling time and just sort of look in empty air in the hallway and listen.
Hi, I don't know but I have send away a question about it elsewhere and hopefully I will return with an answer to you how only your child can hear this and you can not.

I suspect why it could be this way.

I have read this thread what different members has to say. Some say it is telepathic and does not personalize it with a voice when "talking" to a Guardian Angel. You personalize yours with a voice, even though you know you can not hear them in real life the voice is real in your head during meditation. This might be because you know who this voice has belonged to. You know who you are communicating with.

I have lately began to think that some in our soul group is keeping pace with each other. That is if you have come this far in your spiritual journey some of your soul group members will have done the same. Your child being part of your soul group is keeping pace with you. You both have past life memories.

Children are more open to the paranormal reality than many grown ups are.

Your child express hearing foot steps and sensing someone. She may be using other senses that she can not say with other words more than that she hears them, when she like you does not really hear them in this reality.

Best Wishes
Li La

Hi Li La !

I am so unsure when it comes to my kid about this. We have not talked to her about ghosts. Instead she has been told ghosts don't exist I think by grandpa and grandma. She is puzzled, not afraid or at least not so much afraid when she think that someone -- a ghost -- is in the hallway and when hearing steps. I don't want her to be frighten. Yes, perhaps she only sense the sounds in her head, but I am unsure to ask her about it, I don't want to start something. I know that underneath her fun-going- tough self she can be sensitive but I would never ever have imagined this coming from her. She is not vulnerable. She is not "naked" like I remember myself having been in past lives. Perhaps I have had a prejudiced mind about who gets to experience ghosts and who does not. I think she is looking for a logical explanation. Just like when she saw the big shadow in her room to have been her dad to have joked with her, when he hadn't. I would hate it if something/somebody from the other reality was/is trying to contact her, and not go through us. I hate it when I don't have control ! She is only a child.

Thank you so much for your reply, I look forward if you get a reply of what this could be :)

/Jaimie

Hi Jaimie!

The answer I have now is it "is not unusual that only few members of a family is effected. Especially children who are very open". No real answer to why only your child hear the steps more than that I wrote about before why I am guessing it could be this way. If you feel your child is in danger contact "local Church of your choice for clergy intervention". If not there is some first line defenses is to not interact with it, praying for protection, another tell it to stop, try Sage or Palo Santo to cleanse the home, have it blessed.

Best Wishes
Li La

Hello, I am discovering meditation and reading a lot about hypnosis and regression and would like to have a clarification about hearing voices.
When referring to hearing, this means actually hearing the sound or just receiving messages by the way of thoughts that you are aware because the wisdom and the way that they are expressed that are not belong to you?
Is the telepathic mode of communication that people receive when they are under hypnosis or deep meditation the most common way of communication?
Are people actually hearing voices? if it is so what are the difference in the way that the message it is received between those people neurological healthy and those that have physiological disorders?

Thank you for your inputs, I appreciate them.
Arturo,

During the course of our spiritual evolution we in counter psychic experiences at some point. All of us are born with these abilities simply because they are apart of our inner body senses on the higher dimensions beyond the physical. However for most of us they lay dormant while physically awake. However when we sleep at night and we are out of the body they are open because we are now operating on the astral or mental dimensions of being which we are using our astral or mental body on those higher dimensions. So if we have an experience of hearing voices what has occurred is our inner astral senses have opened up while physically awake. This is called clairaudience. Where as clairvoyance's it the ability to see with the astral eyes of what goes on the inner worlds of the astral plane while physically awake. This at first can be very disturbing to someone who does not know what is going on. They feel they are going insane.

Also many souls that are on longer physical or other astral entities can do communicate by telepathic mode. That is if they are of the same culture or speak the same language. As Language and culture for some reason at least on the lower and middle astral plane still exists being it is close to the earth plane. Where as on the lower mental or higher mental plane language no longer becomes a barrier because now we are dealing with cosmic consciousness where thought itself occurs. So it does not matter what culture or language you understand thought is thought regardless.

However if one is mental ill then there is a break in connection between the lower ego and the higher self and its lower bodies of the mental, astral and physical leading to insanity. As the mind operates on all the lower dimensions on the mental, astral and physical planes. If the physical brain is damage then the higher bodies can not communicate with it. However while out of the body like during sleep whey are totally fine. If the astral body is defective then consciousness on either the physical or astral is lost however soul can still function on the mental plane. However if the damage is on the mental plane then total loss of communications on the physicals, astral and mental plane occurs in which case the incarnation is a total failure. Although this is very rare. Soul will not recover full consciousness until it reaches the heaven worlds of the soul or causal plane which are above the mind. However most people usually only have damage of the physicals brain in which case after death they will regain full consciousness on the astral plane.

So if you can function in the physical world normally but still hear voices then you have only opened up our astral senses which is part of ones normal progression in spiritual unfoldment. Many psychics go thru this and are tagged insane which of course they are not. Its a blessing and a cruise of sorts.

Hope this helps....

Love and peace P.

Back