• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Hinduism (Santana Dharma) and Reincarnation

apachegogo

As a Hindu I have grown up with the reincarnation being talked about by elders.

My elders, aunts and uncles would say whenever a new baby came along, "oh is he grandfather" or "maybe hes done some good deeds to be born with so much thick hair"

For me today, I still find this fascinating.

I think most Eastern religions originally take the ideas from reincarnation from the Vedas. The Bhagvad Gita is a brilliant read too for a summary of the same and I also recommend the Garuda Puran.

I actually came on here to ask if anyone has done past life regression and if its helped?

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for joining us. Yes, many here have gone through past life regression, including me. And yes, it helped me a great deal. I'm a firm believer in the process but by a trained professional therapist. For me, it helped me understand the difficulties I had with sad dreams. Knowing who I was as my great-grandfather, and understanding his anguish at the death of his wife and two children, made me see life in a whole new perspective. I live a much happier life now knowing who he (I) was and who my family was. I visit their graves with deep reverence.
Thanks again for joining us. ~Tman

Hello! Pleased to meet you. :)
I have tried a regression and ended up in a very deep state- no instantaneous recollections, though. I understand, like anything, it takes practice. Don't be discouraged if this is the way you choose to go and don't get immediate results. To enter stillness was enough for me to experience very special moments, sporadically and later on.
So I wish you many special discoveries! I hope you share more, as it comes!

happy gratitude!!
~CP

Hello! Pleased to meet you. :)
I have tried a regression and ended up in a very deep state- no instantaneous recollections, though. I understand, like anything, it takes practice. Don't be discouraged if this is the way you choose to go and don't get immediate results. To enter stillness was enough for me to experience very special moments, sporadically and later on.
So I wish you many special discoveries! I hope you share more, as it comes!

happy gratitude!!
~CP

Thanks all

Does anyone recommend any in the UK?

Back