• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Honestly, do you think it's healthy to focus on past lives?

Sarellah

Senior Registered
I wonder, but at the same time, I know it's healthy for me to know, but only for the reason that I became obsessed with it. Otherwise, if I didn't care, I would think I was focusing too much on the past...

I am glad I got a regression done, but it's so silly that I cared so much about remembering things, and it was the most meaningful thing that I ever did (besides falling in love)

I feel that it's important because if you know who you were and something about who you were, it can help you to understand more about yourself. But once you know about your past life, then you can deal with it, learn from it and move forward in this life.

Makes sense, thank you :) Kind of like a "vision quest" to help you figure out what your path will be!!

We've touched on this topic before...from my standpoint, if there is a soul level purpose for seeing the connections to our past lives, or to even have an interest, so long as these things do not take us from living this lifetime to the best of our ability I cannot think of them as "unhealthy". Also, I do not believe we would be inspired to even look at reincarnation if we had not considered it a part of our life plan from "on the other side".

as with most things in life, its fine in moderation. Learning about reincarnation is just a part of healthy curiosity, I'm pretty sure most people have wondered about what happens after death, and in moderation that is fine. Excessive thinking or obsessing though can be unhealthy, but the same can be said of pretty much any subject that could potentially become an obsession ;)

long ago I put myself in a state of mind where I could see past lives,

and one grabbed my attention way more than the rest,

it showed my a personality issue I had that had not come up this life,

I remembered the entire life clear as day while in that state,

and I had died before learning the lesson to fix the issue, and remembered that it was sad that I had not learned it before dying,

I knew that if I figured out the personality issue in this life it would stop all other things I was doing until I learned that lesson,

when I snapped out of that state of mind, all I remembered was the things I thought while seeing that life, so I did not remember what the personality issue was, a few years later the memory slowly faded back of what it was, and it did stop my life till I fixed it, and it was not an easy lesson,

I am fairly sure I would have stumbled upon the issue either way,

I just got there faster by focusing on the past lives,

it seems to me like it is just like watching TV,

some shows you neat things,

to much and you spend all your time doing only that...

usetawuz said:
We've touched on this topic before...from my standpoint, if there is a soul level purpose for seeing the connections to our past lives, or to even have an interest, so long as these things do not take us from living this lifetime to the best of our ability I cannot think of them as "unhealthy". Also, I do not believe we would be inspired to even look at reincarnation if we had not considered it a part of our life plan from "on the other side".
A lot of very good points :)

helz_belz said:
as with most things in life, its fine in moderation. Learning about reincarnation is just a part of healthy curiosity, I'm pretty sure most people have wondered about what happens after death, and in moderation that is fine. Excessive thinking or obsessing though can be unhealthy, but the same can be said of pretty much any subject that could potentially become an obsession ;)
True...My obsession took me out of living in this life...but I know it will be cured if I pull my focus back to this life lol, which I am doing because I am "awake"

spacecase0 said:
long ago I put myself in a state of mind where I could see past lives,
and one grabbed my attention way more than the rest,

it showed my a personality issue I had that had not come up this life,

I remembered the entire life clear as day while in that state,

and I had died before learning the lesson to fix the issue, and remembered that it was sad that I had not learned it before dying,

I knew that if I figured out the personality issue in this life it would stop all other things I was doing until I learned that lesson,

when I snapped out of that state of mind, all I remembered was the things I thought while seeing that life, so I did not remember what the personality issue was, a few years later the memory slowly faded back of what it was, and it did stop my life till I fixed it, and it was not an easy lesson,

I am fairly sure I would have stumbled upon the issue either way,

I just got there faster by focusing on the past lives,

it seems to me like it is just like watching TV,

some shows you neat things,

to much and you spend all your time doing only that...
Was it a real psychiatric disorder or just an unhealthy behavior with no title? Sounds interesting but only because I am a little obsessed with psychology.

Sarellah said:
Was it a real psychiatric disorder or just an unhealthy behavior with no title? Sounds interesting but only because I am a little obsessed with psychology.
I just followed what others expected me to do in life,

like for example, your country asks you to go to war,

and you know it is a horrible idea, so you volunteer anyway because it was expected of you. (or at least that is how I remember that life)

in this life it caught up to me shortly after I figured out what was wrong,

after I finished high school, part of my family expected me to go to college and part of them expected me to get a job, and I found out I can't do what is expected when it is conflicting directions, and it tore me apart a huge amount...

now I do what I know is the right thing to be doing and others can just be unsatisfied if they don't like it,

I am tired of making other people's mistakes in life, you only learn when you are making your own errors.

Haha true, even though making other people's mistakes is still a mistake you yourself made xD Maddening, right?! I'm glad you are being true to yourself, spacecase0 <3

Back