• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

How to get a glimpse of your life plan

unquestionably

Okay, so here's my situation. My life currently sucks right now. I tried committing suicide 15 years ago. But, 15 years later, my life still sucks. So, my question is, how can I get a glimpse at my lifeplan? I mean, it can't be that good of a life plan if it sucks for 15 years, right?

Here's a thought: what is just one thing you would really like to do? Meditate on that answer and you may learn something! ;)

I am one of those, apparently, rare people on the forum who actually remember planning this life. I'm am sorry to report that I thought at the time that this life was going to really suck, and I did all I could to get my loved ones to change their minds. But they were set on going and there was no way I was going to let them go alone. I knew they were going to need all the help they could get.

And guess what? My life really sucks, just as I feared it would. And guess what? I would do it again and again and again. If they are coming here, then I am. Period.

So . . . I soldier on. I try to notice how beautiful the sunrise is. I tell my loved ones I love them, each and every day. After all, what is important, really, is just that I am here.

I'm not too sure how much you would be able to "remember" from planning your life, first because I don't know how much we actually plan of our lives, and second because there isn't many people who remember that, however who knows, you could be one of the lucky ones. I think though that no matter what we always end up doing what we had to do, and it always happens what it had to happen, but it's nice to believe we have free will to change our future so we are motivated for action, and to "make changes" in our lives. So who knows, maybe posting this thread is the first step and what you had to do in order for things to start to "change", although this could have been planned.

My advice regarding then making "the right decisions" is to follow your heart, ask yourself "what do I really want to do?" and do that thing, even if in your brain is not a good decision, I think you'll be happier if you do what your "heart" tells you.

I don't think you're thinking about it (well, hopefully not) but I just want to say that suicide doesn't solve anything, the core problems that you had you'll have them again in the next life, because you have to work with them, death solves nothing but the external and circumstantial, and not always.

Although I personally believe that we do plan our future life with all it's travails and detours, I think that the main message of Reincarnation, Near-death experiences and other spiritual phenomenon is the oft-repeated phrase of many fundamentalists: "This too shall pass!". It is a phrase associated with blind faith, but it is one, nonetheless, which applies most loudly with all our lives.

Owl said:
I'm not too sure how much you would be able to "remember" from planning your life, first because I don't know how much we actually plan of our lives, and second because there isn't many people who remember that, however who knows, you could be one of the lucky ones. I think though that no matter what we always end up doing what we had to do, and it always happens what it had to happen, but it's nice to believe we have free will to change our future so we are motivated for action, and to "make changes" in our lives. So who knows, maybe posting this thread is the first step and what you had to do in order for things to start to "change", although this could have been planned.
My advice regarding then making "the right decisions" is to follow your heart, ask yourself "what do I really want to do?" and do that thing, even if in your brain is not a good decision, I think you'll be happier if you do what your "heart" tells you.

I don't think you're thinking about it (well, hopefully not) but I just want to say that suicide doesn't solve anything, the core problems that you had you'll have them again in the next life, because you have to work with them, death solves nothing but the external and circumstantial, and not always.
Man, if I knew my life plan up to now, I would have suicided at birth (or when I was old enough) and would do it again without a heart beat in the next life...

Back