• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

How to search a name

Angie Brown

Senior Registered
Can anyone please tell me if there is a search bar on here, where I can search to see if anyone mentions any particular character in relation to a past life? For instance, Queen of Sheba (example only. Not ever me).

If you take the name (I'll take your example 'Queen of Sheba') and just type it in the search bar in the top right (just under your username/menu), it will show you every example. Unfortunately, only this thread comes up for 'Queen of Sheba'.

I did it with one my 'characters', Jacob, and it brought up several references.

Hope this helps! :)

You can search on a word, but it will often tell you that there are too many hits (or something). For instance if you search for [war] you will probably get a message stating that there are too many to list. On the other hand if you search for a word and limit it to a member [in appropriate boxes] you might have success. If you search for a string like [tell me if there is a search bar on here] you will probably get a list of posts that have SOME of those words highlighted, however if you put the string in quotes ["tell me if there is a search bar on here"] it will return where ALL of the words are present and in correct order. Also note that you have the option to search the title or body and to limit it to the current topic area.

You can search on a word, but it will often tell you that there are too many hits (or something). For instance if you search for [war] you will probably get a message stating that there are too many to list. On the other hand if you search for a word and limit it to a member [in appropriate boxes] you might have success. If you search for a string like [tell me if there is a search bar on here] you will probably get a list of posts that have SOME of those words highlighted, however if you put the string in quotes ["tell me if there is a search bar on here"] it will return where ALL of the words are present and in correct order. Also note that you have the option to search the title or body and to limit it to the current topic area.
thank you ☺

Back