• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Meditation at a young age?

sarajaney

Something just occured to me today. As a young child, I don't really remember the age, must have been from 9 to 14 possibly, that I would concentrate on certain things and put myself into a trance somehow. I just remember constantly repeating " how did god make this world" over and over and over.. and then I'd acheive some sort of an "awareness" or an enlightenment, or... not really sure what it was.. but I know I just felt different when it happened. I'm thinking that maybe I could use that in my meditation and self hypnosis in helping me find out more about my PL's. Kind of like a mantra to chant over and over, I'm just not sure what to say!

I think that should work. It's interesting that you were doing that at such a young age. Maybe that's something you brought from a past life. When doing self hypnosis for a PL regression you can think of a question and then what you see or receive will be related to the question.

Not a bad idea Sarajaney. What you are talking about is what I believe is the innate knowledge... or "God seed" that is within each of us. There is no doubt in my mind that if we got quiet enough, and focused enough, we would learn, as you have, to hear "sounds" from the other side. Think about it... all the great spiritual masters did it... Moses on the mountain top, Buddha under the Bodhi tree, Jesus in the desert, Mohammad on a rock... all supposedly alone, in the quiet. Our indigenous people here in America, had a great spiritual awareness and understanding of how we, the people, the land and the wild beasts all fit together.

Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing to make meditation a part of our school curriculum? From the youngest years on, meditation is taught and practiced every morning. Each flavor of belief would win. Atheist kids would call it relaxation, Buddhist kids would call it practice, Christian kids would call it prayer... etc etc etc. Think of the creativity and focus that could be developed. Not to mention the facilitation of remembering... and we know what that can lead to:rolleyes:!

Continue to meditate! I took up the practice several years ago, studying under a great teacher. Most Buddhist lineages have time proven methods for practice (meditation) and I would highly suggest learning from one.

Regarding mantras, yes I've heard they work too. There are some excellent meditation CDs out on the market that would make a good holiday gift to yourself. One of my favorite meditation CDs is called "Synchronousity" by Master Charles .

Tman

Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing to make meditation a part of our school curriculum?
I think that's a terrific idea. Certainly that's what I would recommend over before prescribing all the dangerous medication Americans do for ADHD.

I agree, IMHO, drugs are used much TOO often on our children when other, safer and just as effective treatments and techniques can be used with equal success.

Children, as our future, are much TOO valuable to be experimenting with, especially with such dangerous drugs.

Just my personal 2 cents worth.

Tinkerman said:
Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing to make meditation a part of our school curriculum? From the youngest years on, meditation is taught and practiced every morning. Each flavor of belief would win. Atheist kids would call it relaxation, Buddhist kids would call it practice, Christian kids would call it prayer... etc etc etc. Think of the creativity and focus that could be developed. Not to mention the facilitation of remembering... and we know what that can lead to:rolleyes:!
That would be so good for the kids, and the teachers! I have heard of a few schools that have experimented with meditation in the class room. It would be wonderful if it became common practice.

A friend of mine taught pre-school for awhile, and practiced simple yoga with her students. She was amazed at what a difference that made with her group- in their concentration and co-operation.

It would be great if the practice came about, but I doubt it will ever happen on a large scale.

School systems cater to the "average" student and any "nail that sticks up" quickly gets hammered down until he/she conforms to the system until they are exactly just like the rest of the student population.

Sad, but true, the system is designed to grind out an average product (student) to help operate the American Industrial/Business complex and nothing more.

Watch a Student Spelling show or Student quiz show and tell me who usually wins, a child from a foreign country, they want to succeed in America, the American child (with rare exceptions) is already beat down and demoralized.

Just my 2 cents worth.

hydrolad said:
Watch a Student Spelling show or Student quiz show and tell me who usually wins, a child from a foreign country, they want to succeed in America, the American child (with rare exceptions) is already beat down and demoralized. Just my 2 cents worth.
The last few years the Spelling Bee winners are usually all Home Schooled. In the future the only children who will know how to read cursive writing will be home schooled or private school. American Business has decided it's not needed anymore.

I agree, it is sad. My daughter is one of the few, if not the only, students who can read and write cursive. That came from home and from parochial school. They now have the teachers write each student's name so they can copy it for a signature.

I feel it really will be a lost art. Bummer.

To argonne1918 and Mama2HRB

argonne1918

I forgot all about home schooled, not having any children, that category never occurred to me, I guess I would rank home schooled on par with foreign born students in terms of drive and achievements.

Mama2HRB

Being from the old school system, I guess they tried to teach me cursive writing, but it never got on with me, perhaps in a Past Life (PL) I was punished by having to write "lines" and as a result, hating writing to any extent.

Years ago, in previous jobs, I was tasked to write out, by hand, large logs of Oxygen readings (RT) and later on Radio logs (FD) so my distaste of writing by hand could be from this life too.

Now with a multitude of medical problems (arthritis, etc) I'm lucky to scrawl out a few words at a time, so I rely on my word processor program on my computer to communicate, even doing up my grocery list!!! ;) :)

Back