• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My 1920's life

moon_child

hi everyone! finding my past lives have been a long and difficult journey but i think i am onto something when i look into the 1920's. there are no memories but nostalgic feelings about that era. i love everything that has to do with the music, the movies and also the fashion. from time to time i even like to dress up as a 'vamp' with the bobbed hairstyle etc. when i was growing up i loooved watching the classic disney cartoons and silent films that you don't see on tv today.

this afternoon i decided to do some writing exercises sort of like "automatic writing'. have any of you tried this? anywho, i got some interesting results that i would like to share...

turns out i was a woman during the silent era. she wanted to become an actress but her career didn't last long. i'm not sure what happened but i get the feeling that it had to do with the talkies (pictures with sound). when silent film stars turned to sound most of them didn't make it to their second film. yet i don't think i was anyone well known. just a quick time who was able to get their fifteen minutes of fame.

if you could go back in time what century would you like to experience and why? :)

Hi moon child, welcome :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can't really say I have any desire to experience another century other than the one I'm living in at the moment, although I do get that nostalgic feeling for the medieval era, and also the 19th century. I've discovered that I lived in both of those times, so that would probably explain it. Nostalgic feelings for eras past often indicate a past life.

Have you tried, or considered trying meditation or a past life regression to see if they uncover anything to match the results of your automatic writing?

Chris :)

moon_child said:
hi everyone! finding my past lives have been a long and difficult journey but i think i am onto something when i look into the 1920's. there are no memories but nostalgic feelings about that era. i love everything that has to do with the music, the movies and also the fashion.
CLIP

...this afternoon i decided to do some writing exercises sort of like "automatic writing'. have any of you tried this? anywho, i got some interesting results that i would like to share...turns out i was a woman during the silent era. she wanted to become an actress but her career didn't last long.

CLIP

...if you could go back in time what century would you like to experience and why? :)
Hi Moon Child! And, a warm welcome to the Forum.

Most of us here tend to believe that having an affinity for a certain place or period of time is usually a valid clue that there may be a past life underneath, and it's well worth investigating.

Your idea of the writing exercises is intuitive; and, I think, very effective. I have found typing to be another very interesting way to write what I call, "flow of consciousness" writing. That is, if you can type without looking and thinking about the typing process, itself. There is a theory that the synapse between the right and left cerebellum in men is smaller than that of women, which, in theory, may make it more difficult for men to integrate their analytical side simultaneously with their intuitive side. The process of typing engages both sides at the same time and may increase one's ability to combine reason and intuition. If this is true, I would think that women can benefit from the same process.

How long have you been going about your efforts to determine your past life? Have you tried meditation or self-regression through CD's? When you remember being an actress were you in New Jersey where studios used to be located?

Regarding your last question, I can only say that I grew up consistently imagining being in the new America of the mid 18th Century. Knowing what I know, now; I'm not sure that I would want to relive that time. However, that period sure had a lot more going for it, that we no longer possess.

I hope that you'll check out the many resources available here, and look in on other threads. Sometimes, reading the experiences of other members will open up windows on your own memory.

-Nightrain

Hiya Moon Child and welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for sharing - as the others have already said, an affinity towards a time and place is usually a valid clue. I don't have any experiences with automatic writing, but it sounds interesting.

I'm with Chris on his question :D This thread may be an inspiration: Audio cd's suitable for past life regressions

As to your question about 'travelling back' - it's a hard question. The 16th Century, 18th Century, medieval times, the Stone Age, Ancient Greece - LoL, there are many eras I'd like to go back to and see what it was like.

Hi Moon Child!

What an interesting memory - thanks for sharing.

I recently saw a silent movie on PBS and was really fascinated by it. I'd love to hear if you discover any other memories. :)

Back