• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

New Here - Strange story from 2.5yr old

Joja

Hi there - I'm very new - I just happened to find this site, as I was trying to find information on this subject following an interesting encounter with my daughter.
She is almost 3 years old and a few nights ago, out of the blue, began to tell me the story of "when she was a boy".....she started off to say that when she was a boy, she was playing in the street with her soccer ball, (she made a gesture with her hands to indicate that the soccer ball was deflated or something) and she was playing with her ball when it went onto the street, so she chased after it and a car came along and drove over her. She proceeded to explain that "blood was coming from her body" and she died.
I was in dismay and had no clue what to say, as I have no experience on this subject, however the sincerity of her voice and the details of the story, told me she was truly speaking of an experience she had actually encountered. I asked her some questions, like what colour was the car. She immediately answered "blue" and that a man was driving. I asked her where her mommy was when this happened, and she immediately answered "in the house....but it wasn't you, you are my mommy now". She then proceeded to repeat the story and added even more detail, like the fact that when she was hit by the car, there was a garbage can there, and garbage was thrown onto the street with her. The whole situation is very strange and I'm now finding myself curious as to how do I handle this?? Do I ask more questions, do I leave it alone? Is there something I should be saying?? Any feedback or advice is appreciated. I'm definately going to check out the books! Thanks!

welcome Joja!

Your story sounds like many others who come to this section of the forum. A child talking about another life where they died, and had another mommy, and sometimes, they were the opposite sex.

Sounds to me like it wasn't that long ago when she died. The biggest thing you can do for your child is to be a great mom and understand that children do have stories to tell.........sometimes they are just stories, and other times, when you sense something about it, it's them remembering another life. Just don't try to push it out of them, because then it will make them come up with things just to please you. Bedtimes are a good time to talk to children about past lives, as they are sleepy and halfway into another state of consciousness. Also, journal what she says, because she might want to know about it later.

Check this out as it will be of use to you. Lots of good information there.

Hope you find Carol's books soon. If you order them online, please click on the links here at the forum, as it gives the forum a little back. :)

Back