• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

One of my Afterlife Experiences

dking777

Senior Registered
I was pondering something said on another thread and was reminded of the 'chapter' in my life following my 1978 car crash. I don't talk (or write) about the details too much. I sort of jumped on the bandwagon of the media exposure and popularity of the 'NDE' and ride on it's coat-tails. Back in 1978, I tried to talk about my memories of the 'car crash' and people looked at me like I was insane. Not because I gave testimony of an afterlife experience - but - because I described the injuries I endured during that crash. I was naive and just 18 but learned to keep my 'mouth shut' about it. I tried to talk to family members and eventually some friends. They all pointed out how 'insane' my testimony made me look. I was just trying to look for advise on how I was to react to the limited knowledge I had of what I could recall happening.

I was traveling on a dirt road that ran through the middle of a cotton field. The last time I recalled looking at my speedometer I was going 125 MPH. My odometer went to 140 MPH and I was too busy concentrating on the road to look down at the speedometer after a certain point because the car was getting hard to handle at that rate of speed, but I didn't know it was getting fast. Then the car hit a ditch on the side of the road and the front end was embedded about 5 feet into the soft dirt before flipping twice on the trunk and two more times on the front end - before flipping and rolling on it's side. I lost count of how many times it rolled on it's side. It was too fast to count. It was strange how everything seemed to go in slow motion when it was flipping hood over trunk, but when it switched to the sides - it was fast and furious. When it came to a stop - I was horrified by the extent of my injuries and cried out in pain. I blinked my eyes and found myself standing about 20 feet from a ball of twisted metal. I couldn't tell which end was the hood area with the engine or the trunk area. I had a hint when steam started pouring out of one end of the ball. About that time, a wheel came flying down from the air and landed next to me and started bouncing off behind me before rolling and then falling in the field. That startled me and I thought the 'hiss' and steam coming out of one end was indication that it was about 'blow' up from the gas leakage and wanted to keep my distance.

I was checking myself for injuries and blood and couldn't find anything. I looked 'naked' and thought I had been thrown out the car so fast - that it ripped my clothes off. I only had one thought on my mind while that car was rolling. "Protect the family jewels." I looked down between what I thought was my legs and couldn't find my new favorite 'toy.' It was gone. I was horrified. I had managed to 'kill' my car and castrated myself in the process. My thought was "How in the heck am I going to explain THIS to Mom." I still felt alive and well at this point. I thought my 'imagination' had ran wild with me in the heat of the crash and I had 'imagined' all that blood and the extent of the injuries out of fear. So, I was sort of relieved that 'hadn't happened.' (Not in my mind at that point in time anyway.)

Then, I heard a familiar voice coming to me. This voice was a like an old friend and someone I trusted in the past. This voice said, "Your dead." I never felt more alive in all my life. I just started laughing thinking this 'voice' was making a joke about the situation to put me in a better mood. Then, I was told to go look inside the car to see my 'corpse.' My attitude was "NO WAY." I was starting to realize why I was 'naked' and shinning like a light. I was a 'ghost.'
continued...................

Back