• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

past friend revisiting

K

KAREN1

My 4 year old has been getting spooked lately. He talks about bad guys, like every kid does. In our house, he was walking down the stairs and halfway down, he turn around and shot up the stairs like a bolt of lightening and jumped on top of me. He was breathing really heavy. He was scared.
Last night, we were in the kitchen talking and he took his toy gun (which, at the store he insisted he needed to buy, he didn't take a tantrum but he looked scared and adimant that he needed it), and he pointed it toward the table. I said who are you shootin' at partner, he said H.P. We do not know anyone named H.P. So I asked where H.P. was from and my son told me that when he himself was little, he and this H.P. were friends. I said but honey, you still are little. He said no, before when I was little.
I asked more questions about his friend and my son filled me in. Here goes.

H.P. was a little boy when my son was, before. The two were friends and played at my mother's house, except I wasn't there, and my son let H.P. outside once and apparently there was a pond or a river behind the house. (The place where my mother lives now is about a minute drive from a river and about a two minute drive from a pond). I guess that my son wasn't supposed to let H.P. out, he said he felt sad about doing it. He told me that H.P went onto the water (it was winter so it was frozen over) and then the police and other people tried to get him off of it because the ice wasn't thick enough. My son said he could see all of him and then only his head and face and his mouth was wide open. H.P. fell in the water and froze. At first my son thought said that H.P had drowned, but then he said that he had frozen and went underneath the ice. The police officers and fire fighters couldn't reach H.P. My little one said that after, he kept bringing ice into the house. Maybe part of a child's greiving.

So about this friend, I asked what he was doing...visiting? To this, my little guy replied, "Yes. He is a police officer now and he is a bad guy." I said that the police aren't bad people, they are the good guys (I will soon be training to be one). He said, "I know, but he is. He is dressed in black but has skin like ours." My son took his hockey stick and toy gun with him to bed last night.
He also said that they used to go to a place called (and I am spelling it wrong since 4 year olds can't spell out what they say), 'Sengi' I haven't a clue what or where that is, except that I was told by my boy that it was a place far away and took along time to walk to. Because H.P.'s dad carried him there and it was far. Although when he mentioned that place, he did say that H.P was going there but he just called him 'that little boy' then.
Anyway, I asked him if H.P. did come and visit him, and he said that it was just pretend. He wanted him to come though.
I am a bit confused. Anyone caring to shed light on this please do, I am fairly certain that he is not 'seeing' this H.P.

Thanks!

Take care,

Karen

Dear Karen, how interesting! This forum may give you some feedback that can be helpful. What I understand about knowing past lives is that usually children ages 3-5 and earlier (depending on if they can talk) can feel their past lives. A lot of people discount their imaginary play as part of the developmental process, but some of the things they say are beyond their knowledge, even the way that they express "before" or "when I was little" or "my other daddy". Is your mom living? Is the house where she lives now one that has been in the family for years? If is is the same place (near the pond) maybe its the same town. Does the town history talk about a little child freezing in the pond? Maybe there was a business by the name S? that you could look up in the town records. Anyway, it's so interesting and I hope you are writing what he says down. For some reason, kids forget (like all of us) about these things and I think we just catch them in a short window of time. Welcome to the board. Love

------------------
barbara

Hi Karen

I was just doing a little searching on the word “sengi” you mentioned (I know you said you may have spelt it wrong, but heh? I found it to be a Name, a Japanese Military Display team, and ancient ”alien” civilization, among many other things…but one that struck me was the name Sengi in relation to a formation of rocks in a place called “Ritsurin Park" (Japan)…so I thought, I’d copy the link and text from the page, as it may be of interest:

Sengi is an area of sharply pointed rocks arranged in the shallow waters of Lake Nanko. Though few in number, the fantastic shapes of these rocks add great visual interest to the overall Lake Nanko landscape.

Oh my God...Kelly!

I just read your post and asked my son if remembered 'sengi'. He said, "Sengi...you mean by the water?" "Yeah, I remember it. There was a farm there too and I went there before." Then he got a little cranky and said that he told me all of this before.
I am asking him right now who he went there with and what else there was at 'sengi'. I just told him that I couldn't remember so he'd have to fill me in. He doesn't seem to want to tell me who he went with, kind of like he is hiding something. He's holding back, so I'll wait for a couple more days to pass before I ask again.
Wow...isn't that interesting? Incredible minds that children have! Thanks for doing the research!

Take care,

Karen

Barbara,

My mom is still living and we have moved to several houses, all in the same town though. I mean 'we' as in when we were all kids. I moved to three houses with my parents in that same area. One was about a 8 minute walk to a huge pond where a lot of kids skated in the winter. And the river was directly behind our house (past a marsh and the dykes). The other was about a 5 minute walk to the river and over looked it, about 10-15min from the pond though. The house she has now, is close to another marsh and is farther away from the pond and the river then the others. My mom's family home was only near coal mines. My mom bears a very close resemblance to my grandmother. He could be talking about her too.
Just a note: on Mother's Day, we visited my grandmother's grave to tidy it up and place flowers on it. I cry every time. Ten years later even and I miss her like carzy. My son asked who she was and if her could meet her like last time. He is only four. She passed on six years before he was born. I told him that I missed her so much and he said that he did too. So, I think that he may be speaking of her too.

When I was a kid, I remember stories of kids who fell through the ice at that pond but they may have been told to scare some of us away from the thin ice. Ice hockey runs deep in us Canadians. I will have to check to make sure too. I'll get back to you soon.

Take care,

Karen

Hi Karen

I'm glad the research helped

The link I provided shows pictures specifically of Sengi as well as all the other areas in the park....maybe by showing him the pictures, he will feel like you've remembered a little, and he may open up, although, if he isn't interested, it may be better not to push it too far in case he stops talking about it and locks it away instead.

Keep us up to date

Kelly,

I just showed my son, pictures of the park. I said what does this look like, and he said, "well...kinda like sengi but not really the same." I just had him come over to the computer and said, "Hey I want you to see some really neat pictures." The I pulled up another picture and he said, "what's supposed to be, anyway?" It's all wrong!"

I think you wrote that it was a military term...well I have had dreams of being in battle and my son had started using karate moves very early on. I never had let him watch shows that displayed that type of stuff. His father has a black belt, but my son only saw him being tested in karate once at 3 months old. So I am sure he couldn't have picked it up.

Thanks. Very interesting!

Take care,

Karen

Hi,

An update on my son's friend H.P:
Today we were visiting with my mother in my hometown, where there was a memorial service for the past coal miners.
I asked my son to tell his nanny about his friend H.P. He sarted off by saying that he saw H.P in the winter, just after Christmas and he fell in something like a ditch that was covered with ice. His story has gotten more clear. There are coal mines all around the town and by the way he desribe other things, it sounds to me that it may have been an opening near the mines.

OR

My mother told me that, a girl had drowned in a pond just up the road from the families house now. The pond is not their anymore because it was filled in. The little girl's father's name begins with the letter 'H' and the family is closely related to a nieghbouring family of my mom's with the last name beginning with the letter 'P'.
I am wondering if my son had possibly forgotten the child's name and started calling her HP, if this is what my boy is talking about. I know he had told e that HP was a little boy, but this little girl was the only girl in her family and she had two brothers.

If anyone could help me figure this out, I would appreciate it greatly.

Take care,

Karen

Hi Karen

Maybe you could go to the local town hall or libraries within your mothers town and look up some old newspapers from around the time of the little girls incident (if your mum can give a rough indication on dates that is)...is she died in an accident, it was sure to be mentioned in the local papers and obituaries.

Maybe even the local cemetry records would help, or the history of the house where your mother metioned..past owners, etc.

Keep us up to date

------------------
Lots of Love
Kelly

[This message has been edited by Kelly (edited 06-14-2001).]

Hello,

I have a more detailed story from him. This came one night after he had a dream that my mom was in a wheelchair, (which I had such a huge fear of when I was a child, not when people were in them, but the chairs themselves). He said that HP and he were walking, during the winter and HP fell trough Ice that was covering a road. When I heard that, I thought that it could not have been a pond like I originally thought. He said that it was behind "Nanny's House" so I think It may be related to coal mines that are in the area. They are located behind and across the road from my mom's current home. Also, he said that he went to tell his Nanny about HP falling in and she couldn't help. I think that maybe the dream of her being in the wheelchair may have been the reason for her not being able to help. He said that he had seen him go under the "Ice", first his feet and then he said "his mouth, and It was open like this..." He explained that no one could help because they were all to big and that he wasn't strong enough.
He always has this thing about being strong enough now. He says, "I am stronger than..." Could it be that he feels bad about what happened and blames not being strong enough to help on loosing HP?

I don't think he wants to talk about this anymore so I am leaving him alone for a while.

I am just wondering where "Senji" comes in. Perhaps he was trying to get out two different lives. Could that be possible?

Thanks,

Karen

Hi Karen

It’s very possible that he could be overlapping memories – it’s not unheard of in young children (even adults) - so maybe the connection will come in time, or maybe in time, he will be able to differentiate between the two a lot better. HP, may have shared many lives with your son in various relationships and so forth, so maybe HP is the name he knows his friend best??? A possibility I suppose.

As for the strength thing, yes, it could be attributed to past live guilt, but then again, it could be attributed to many things – but the fact he mentions being stronger than the time in question does seem to draw the connection between the two most strongly. Maybe he fears coming to the same fate as HP was not strong enough to save himself, and he witnessed this, or maybe he wants to make sure that if it ever happens to someone again, he CAN do something this time.

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

------------------
Lots of Love
Kelly

Hi Nancy, how are you?

I was just re-reading this letter and was thinking that 'Sengi' (if I'm pronouncing it correctly?) sounds a bit like St. J*** with an accent.

It's horrible that so many people died in relation to the coal mines, when they were in operation, and even when they weren't...

So far, it's a facinating story

------------------
Hope you're all having a great day,
Take Care,
-Kathy. :)

Kathy,

Hello. Thanks! I had never thought of that before. It could be possible.

I'll find more out from him when he is ready to talk. I think he sorts through the memories first and then tells me.

Thanks

The guilt thing made me think of something that may be of interest. My dh had a spirit guide (J.) that spend a life with us long ago (about 800yrs?) we fought minor battles and dh and him were always together fighting back to back. DH and I were married then too.

J. was in love with me, and felt he was betraying dh so he left. Soon after he left dh was killed in battle because he was used to J. being in that spot defending him. J. had been his spirit guide ever since, until this life when he told him it's okay, you can leave. So he reincarnated finally.

Back