• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

People that you feel wary of?

starchild

Senior Registered
people that make you want to run away and hide?

there are very few people that I encounter who give me the heebie jeebies
but the ones who do, I steer clear of...

Funny you should mention that. I felt very uncomfortable with someone when I was 16, it was a sudden thing as well and I'll never be able to explain why. It was my best friends sister's boyfriend. His name was Kevin and... oh he really gave me the creeps. Her family all knew about it. I think Fiona (my friend) just told them all anyway. It's weird, I remember being very edgey at a party I went to with my friend and Kevin was sitting across the table. I remember saying to my friend at the time that Kevin has the look of a murderer. From what I could see of him although, I think I sensed that as well. it's strange though. He fell out with Fiona's sister not that much longer afterwards plus, i made an effort to relax a bit when he'd be there at other gatherings. He never so much as spoke to me though.

Staying with the same family but Fiona's half sister (she had a few sister's and two half sisters) cannot bear to be in the same room Fiona's faith spiritual healer. Elaine just cannot be near him. She doesn't know why but she says "there's just something about him". I thought, that's ominous and wonder if that is PL related. I bet it may well be. I thought it was odd as Roderic, what little I know of him, seems harmless to me.

I've not been to spiritual healing for a long while now. I'll have to go back at somepoint.

Hi starchild,

Absolutely! When I come across these people (some complete strangers I see just in passing) it's like a big lump of cement has been dumped into my stomach, I get goosebumps and my heart starts to pound. :eek: Different people have evoked many different reactions including intense fear and instant dislike, even though it's nothing they did directly to make me feel that way. It's not a feeling based on looks, or social standing, or any of the other things people tend to judge each other on. It's more like a little internal warning bell that goes off. Like you, I try to avoid people that give me the "heebie-jeebies". Thankfully it doesn't happen very often! :D

Ailish

This doesn't happen all too often with me...but there are people that do creep me out, but most have to do with happening in THIS life.

There are people that I get bad vibes from for no reason. I wonder if it's past life related? Well, if it is or isn't, I usually try to act friendly to the person.......

BUT, there was this one guy that I got a bad feeling about. But, I tried to be nice anyway, I guess maybe tried to ignore my feelings...that was a BAD idea, and the guy turned out to be, well, I don't like to say evil, but as close as anyone I've ever known.

Maybe I should trust my feelings more.

It happens to me often, and i've always trusted my gut instincts. If I get a bad vibe about someone and can't pinpoint the reason why, i'll be nice to the person - but I do get cautious and don't get too close to that person.

I remember when I first met my moms ex, and my sisters ex-husband...I had an extremely uncomfortable feeling from them both and I wasn't sure why. I kept telling them both that I didn't like them and that something just was not right. Turns out, my instincts were dead on - they were both alcholics and abused my family. They listened to my instincts after that!

i have many times. especially if i have to get into an elevator with someone that gave me the heebies, i would feel so scared and kinda like i couldnt breathe. Or if i am alone shopping late at night grabbing a few things at the grocery store, id see someone who would literally make me feel like i should start running for my life. Also there are people whom i know, give me heebies.

I've absolutely come across people that I get a bad vibe from. I've always had really strong intuition and I've learned to listen to it. There are some people that are like walking black clouds. There's no other way to describe it, really, they're just dark people. It almost seems like they have no soul. Is that even possible?

I used to be creeped out by one of my uncles. I'm not really sure why. He's not a bad person or anything, and as I've gotten older and gotten to know him more, I don't find I feel the same way anymore. He's a pretty normal guy... though he still looks kind of creepy to me (he's probably not creepy to other people). Maybe I had a bad experience with someone with similar features in a past life.

Lib

Sure do, and I can never really explain why. But there is a very obvious way to tell when I meet someone like that... I get this cold chill from head to toe and a shiver, and then I get gooebumps on my arms. Then it is just gone. It is always triggered when I glance over and see someone - even if I am just standing in line a few people behind them. It's weird!

Jen

I still have an issue with aggressive people,
I'm like a magnet to them.
We don't have anything in common,
they don't even like me (no, they hate me)
but they can't live without me.
So there are a lot of people I avoid,
but there are still too many of them
who want something from me.
Manipulating and humiliating are their favorite hobbies,
and I still have no idea how to get rid of them for good.
I wish I could...

Curious Girl.

There have been three people, all men, all who worked in the same place with me (big office) who have given me the creeps, like you are talking about. One, it turned out, gave most women the creeps, and he was asked to leave after he accosted his secretary, so our intuition was right on.

Another I had a visceral reaction to. It didn't occur to me that it could be past life related, but I think if I see him in my next life, I'll have the same reaction.

The third, well... Everyone seemed to like him. He seemed like a nice enough guy. But every single time I saw him I thought he was molesting his daughter. I don't even know if he had a daughter. But that image would just not leave. And that's not really something that pops into your head upon meeting most people. I would like to think that one was past life related. The alternatives that either I'm crazy or he is a molester are just too unpleasant for me to deal with.

Oh yeah, definitely.

It's like an internal alarm system. Something that tells me to steer clear of certain people. I don't know why, but it has happened to me.

Some people are just creepy!

I always try to pay attention to my gut feeling. Instinct, basically.

My first impression of people sometimes seems irrational to me, but I've trusted it ever since the time I "saw" death in somebody who, months later, killed a guy in a drug deal. (I didn't know he was on crack, but I knew him for a killer? Don't ask me how this stuff works. :confused: ) Fortunately, it's rare that I pick up on anything so extreme.

I have come across a few people that I instantly take a disliking to or that will take a disliking to me for no reason. There has been a couple of ocassions where I have met a person and have got bad vibes from them for no reason.

Is there people that you feel wary of?

Yes... :eek:
I can't feel confortable around my husband's brother-in-law... Something about him doesn't make me feel right.
He mentioned before that he hates animals...What kind of person is that? :mad:
I dislike him a lot...

fab said:
He mentioned before that he hates animals...What kind of person is that? :mad:

Someone I'd steer clear of whenever possible :D In my experience, the people that I've known that claimed to dislike animals had a pretty low tolerance and zero compassion for most humans as well ;)

Ailish

Yesterday I was in a busy supermarket getting my groceries, when I looked up and caught sight of somebody who I used to work with many years ago, our eyes met at the same time, we looked at each other for a moment, and then we both looked away.

When i was working with him, we never said a single word to each other for the whole time we were together. I'm an easy going person and I usually get along with everyone that I meet, but I just didn't like this person, he never did or said anything to upset me, there was just something about him that I didn't like, and I know that he felt the same way about me, and there was no obvious reason for it.

Does anyone else experience this?

I've felt this way about a few people - the worst case was my friend's boyfriend whom I just detested. He only had to say two words before I felt like shouting at him, his entire presence annoyed me. I found him repelling in every way - his looks, his voice, his attitude, every single thing, which is strange, because I am too an easy going person who has a lot of patience with people in general, but not this guy *at all*.

Once I was on my way home and waited for the train at one of the central stations in Copenhagen. It was afternoon - the most busy hours - and the station was crowded. Suddenly in the crowd I spotted a person, whom I'd never seen before and have never seen again, and I was just taken over by this strange, eery feeling, feeling very uncomfortable. I can recall this feeling although it's several years ago. It was just very creepy to feel that way about a complete stranger and I actually felt a bit ashamed, because I didn't know the person and here I was feeling so bad about him, while he (I've decided it was a 'he' although he looked neither male or female) was just going about his usual business and had no idea...

:)

Yes, absolutely. I have often met a person and known instantly that we have had some sort of a "run in" in the past and that I should keep my guard up.

Several times this has been a complete stranger, as Sunniva describes, that I might see in the street or on a train or something. Your eyes meet for a moment and you get a strange feeling of deja vu (or at least I do). Me being me, I usually see some battle scene or other.

Without fraternizing with people who I get a really bad feeling about (always trust your instincts - it may or may not be past life related, and/or the person may really be a bit 'wrong' in this life) I usually try to make some sort of respectful gesture towards these people, even if it is just a nod of the head across a crowded train platform.

You never know, I may have killed them or vice versa, but it is all in the past now.

These things may not necessesarily be related to past lives, though. I think there can be a lot to say for a strong sense of intuition. :) I have had intuitions that I believe are based on past lives, but it gets difficult to tell if you "know" something only because of current experiences.

If you have been in abusive relationships in this life, you may learn to tell a "type" of person at a glance, simply because you learn more subtle aspects of that kind of people. Certain characteristics, maybe body language, facial expressions, or the way they speak, will cue you in because it reminds you of other abusive people you have known.

I met a few people who I want to avoid and they are very

very unpleasant, but some are family members(sister-in-law) Something about her I don't know make me feel strange that makes things more complicated I guess just ignore, if possible.

These things may not necessarily be related to past lives, though. I think there can be a lot to say for a strong sense of intuition....
I think it is quite likely to be a bit of both present and past life experiences.

It is also possible you may actually have known a certain person before, but just not be conscious of it, so they give you a 'funny uneasy feeling', but you have no rational explanation for it. Where do you suppose 'intuition' comes from? What do you suppose it 'is'? :)

Yep.. the alarms have gone off in a few cases here and there during my life.

One time, I was at my then, 'future' in-laws house and this guy walked in the door. Instantly! my defenses went up, alarm bells rang and I knew NOT to turn my back on that guy!

Of course, I chided myself on my reaction. I didn't know him or know anything about him. He ended up being my brother-in-law - the eldest- and I was right. He could be very mean and was abusive to people who stayed around him. Except me. I wouldn't tolerate it. He normally behaved around me.

Old thread, but I think its interesting and always relevant. :)

I have definitely had bad feelings about people before, for no reason. Most notably the (ex)boyfriend of one of my good friends.

Myself, my boyfriend, and my best friend all met him, and none of us liked or trusted him, but we didn't realize we had the same feelings about him until we discussed it much later.

It turned out we were right about him--he ended up completely breaking our friend's heart,and getting another girl pregnant less than two weeks after breaking up with our friend.

What a good thread to bring up again!

When I was about 12, my dad befriended a new guy in town. (Town being a small rural area, 800 ppl maybe.) They became good friends and he often came to our house. From the instant I saw him, I got the creepiest feeling about him. This urge to just never be alone with him and to stay away from him.

I remember one December he was over helping us set up a Christmas tree and for some reason, he and I ended up alone in the living room. I practically bolted for the door. :laugh:

To this day, I have no idea why I feel this way about him. He continues to live and work in the area. We've met his parents and he is now married to a nice lady. He's never so much as harmed a fly. LOL. I later found out my mom feels the same way about him, as did my best friend at the time.

We theorized that he was running from the law and joked we'd see him on "America's Most Wanted" - the TV show searching for wanted fugitives.

I'm now of the opinion that it could be past life related. I want to do some meditating on it, but I'm a little nervous what it might bring up.

I've never had this feeling about anyone else in all my life - even the ones who DO turn out to be rotten.

I definitely think we should trust our instincts about people! Sometimes it turns out to be a past life, sometimes it manifests in this life... but I certainly never want to take a chance.

I don't get the feeling of mistrust very often, so I tend to believe it when I do. There is another person that I get a creepy feeling from (and I know I'm not the only one), but nothing has happened. However, I'm still believing my gut instinct.

I've had a similar situation, and my judgement turned out to be correct. I don't think it was PL related. Just because some person was a dangerous individual the last time around doesn't mean they will be everytime around. To me, this is sometimes a present life thing. It could be a psychic glimpse. On the other hand, it could be intuition based on very subtle clues that our subconscious minds notice, but we don't consciously recognize. But in the rare instances when it happens, I try to listen a bit closer now. The first time, I tried to argue with it, but couldn't shake the feeling....and then it turned out, the feeling or knowing, was right. I don't normally feel an automatic dislike for people, but when I do, I go on guard until I can get to know them better. I'm not going to assume it's definitely an accurate idea of who they are, and I don't want to treat anyone badly because of it, but I am more cautious. If you get bad feelings about people, and everything tells you that you are incorrect and this person is actually a great individual, it could be PL related, but sometimes it's just the plain truth, and somehow you know it. Whether God shows you, or whether you have good inner radar about these things, etc., sometimes, we just know, and we don't know how we know.

I had that feeling again with someone my dh and I are trying to help. A good friend of ours, his brother got himself into some trouble in florida, and his son was put into foster care.

The boy has been in forster care for over a year while "bill" tries to take care of his issues. anyway, once we found out about it we offered to help. What I find odd about this is that he's almost fanatical about us taking him in - above his own family - and he'd rather us do it. To make a long story shorter... his brother passed away in Oct. of lung cancer. "bill" came to NY for the funeral and stayed at our house. During the course of speaking with him, I felt such an intense dislike for him, which I hid, because I felt very conflicted. It almost seemed like he was looking for the best candidate to take care of his child, while not even really talking about being reunited with him. He did talk about it but not in a very convincing way. Anyway, not really creeped out, but I found myself really disliking him.

Maybe it's because I know his past history, and deep down I'm judging him? Maybe it's because he's not likable on some level and maybe it's just me.

I also find it odd that I haven't visited this site in a while and I come here today seemingly randomly, and here is an old post of mine... coinsidence?

That has happened to me recently. I felt very wary of someone I just met, and found that there are good reasons to be wary of him.

He was one of the co-chairs of a festival I was on the committee of. I got to be good friends with the other co-chair, but this guy I not only couldn't warm up to, but he made my skin crawl. My instincts (for want of a better word) screamed "stay away!" and I kept my distance, in spite of his attempts to make friends and turn me into his stooge. He is rude, crude, crass, a bully, and a chauvinist.

I'm glad I listened to that little voice inside, because he treated myself and the other co-chair (our town's Mayor) like absolute dirt when we thwarted his bid to be the Grand Marshall of the festival's parade (it would have looked like a fix-up, and the plan was to allow the public to nominate and vote for the GM) in order to help position himself for his upcoming run for the City Commission.

He looks like and acts like someone I used to know back in the day. I don't know if he was Theodor "Papa" Eicke, but he reminds me enough of him to be creeped out by him before I found out what an awful person he is.

Phoenix

Back