• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Re-occurring issues

I noticed over the past few years I keep attracting people who need help and I'm pretty much their therapist. In the end I'm left emotionally drained and a negative person. I do have a strong urge to help people and trying to stop this by setting better boundaries.

Same goes for dating. I keep meeting men like this or just want one thing.

I have had dreams of being with woman, like I was using them. As well as dreams where I was homeless. I've also had a few dreams of healing, and last week had a dream where God/my guide/angel told me I was born to heal people.

Does all this mean in past lives I have used others? And why I keep attracting people like this?

It could be. It's not always necessarily a straight line between these things. Maybe you are just a kind person? Could this be because you have suffered in the past? Perhaps. The Buddhists say that suffering is the road to compassion. Compassion is great, but you also need to extend it to yourself sometimes and say 'no, I cant do that right now'.

It's great to help others when you can. There is nothing better. But it is also important to have some boundaries so they don't take over your life and use up all your available energy. The same with men. If you keep dating men 'who only want one thing' you are not alone! That's a story as old as time after all. :)

Learning how to navigate this stuff comes with maturity and experience. Be sure that you have your own strong centre and your own rules for your personal integrity, your own boundaries and sense of self-respect and enforce that. If men find you attractive, that's great! Just make sure you are using your best judgement on who you want to allow into your life.

Back