• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Soul Trap: Evidence for forced incarnation / reincarnation from pre-birth memories

Forced incarnations is basically what Gnosticism teaches, with the goal being to rise in consciousness and overcome the cycle. I lean strongly towards this view.

Your post caused me to look up "forced incarnations Gnosticism".
Gnosticism was one of the earliest versions of Christianity, which asserted that an individual could know God directly through an experience of divine insight called, in Greek, gnosis.
There is a kernel of truth there, but immediately distorted even by the programmatic intent as stated.

Such an endeavor needs to be undertaken from a position of putting aside all your beliefs and expectations. Then, you have to not further distort your intuitive glimpses with your rationalizations and emotions.

I would paraphrase what you wrote: "forced and repeated education ... with the goal to rise in knowledge and overcome being stuck in school". (it sounds funny)

My point is that we don't "know", but that we just "believe". So, "believing that we know" prevents us from progressing, prevents us from seeing more accurately and clearer.

Without entering in details, I believe that reincarnation can be compared to being student in school, attending classes, advancing through grades to eventually graduate, and attend other schools. It is a process not only of accumulation of knowledge, but also of enabling and improving one's abilities and potentials.

Every student attends several classes in parallel, and the ability to get a passing grade in one class is affected by the student's overall level, which sometimes requires some rework of what he missed in other classes.

I am not only this awake self, but this is only one state of a multidimensional personality, that is one of multiple personalities that are part of an entity, in a structure of gestalts of consciousness.
1 - What would your opinion be on the document itself?
2 - Would you say "students" are being forced to "go to school" or something similar?

1 - What would your opinion be on the document itself?
2 - Would you say "students" are being forced to "go to school" or something similar?

I believe that I already expressed my opinion about the subject, which was my intention. I don't intend to argue for it, nor against others'.

Everything has an impetus for value fulfillment. Nothing stays out its existence..

I believe that I already expressed my opinion about the subject, which was my intention. I don't intend to argue for it, nor against others'.

Everything has an impetus for value fulfillment. Nothing stays out its existence..
It is ok. It is just that I have issues with the "earth is a school" narrative. If that was the case, why the memory wipe/block? As far as we know, learning is predicated on memory. The memory wipe plus the negative influences of genetics and culture would result in people making the same mistakes in different lifetimes and acquiring more "negative karma" to deal with. According to Michael Newton, people can take several life times to overcome certain negative traits[1] and I suspect this wouldn't be the case if people could keep all or part of their memory.

Even with earth was a school, why should we blindly and mindlessly accept someone else's authority over our lives?

[1]

I have had many cases where a client has been incarnating for up to 30,000 years on
Earth and is still in the lower levels of I and II. The reverse is also true with a few
people, although rapid acceleration in spiritual development is uncommon. As with
any educational model, students find certain lessons more difficult than others. One
of my clients has not been able to conquer envy for 850 years in numerous lives, but
she did not have too much trouble overcoming bigotry by the end of this same
period. Another has spent nearly 1700 years off-and-on seeking some sort of
authoritative power over others. However, he has gained compassion.

Michael Newton - Journey of Souls.

It is ok. It is just that I have issues with the "earth is a school" narrative. If that was the case, why the memory wipe/block? As far as we know, learning is predicated on memory. The memory wipe plus the negative influences of genetics and culture would result in people making the same mistakes in different lifetimes and acquiring more "negative karma" to deal with. According to Michael Newton, people can take several life times to overcome certain negative traits[1] and I suspect this wouldn't be the case if people could keep all or part of their memory.

Even with earth was a school, why should we blindly and mindlessly accept someone else's authority over our lives?

[1]

I have had many cases where a client has been incarnating for up to 30,000 years on
Earth and is still in the lower levels of I and II. The reverse is also true with a few
people, although rapid acceleration in spiritual development is uncommon. As with
any educational model, students find certain lessons more difficult than others. One
of my clients has not been able to conquer envy for 850 years in numerous lives, but
she did not have too much trouble overcoming bigotry by the end of this same
period. Another has spent nearly 1700 years off-and-on seeking some sort of
authoritative power over others. However, he has gained compassion.

Michael Newton - Journey of Souls.

I have a quite different understanding of reality.

I think that the only way to learn, and minimize distortions, is for everyone to tap their own individual source of knowledge and guidance (their inner-guide), and not to rely on others' opinions, beliefs, teachings, including sages, avatars, religions (including science).

I have my own answers to many of the questions others have, but I think that it is better for everyone to get answers at their own level (from their inner source of knowledge and guidance), and also not to mislead others with my probable distorted / limited understanding. Others are on more or less advanced levels than I am, so our capability of learning and understanding is different.

So, I prefer to occasionally state some of my beliefs, with no intention to argue for them, or to convince anybody of anything.

For example, our memory isn't wiped by anybody on purpose, but we forget what we are, and what we have to do, because of the earthly education we get even before we leave the womb. When we decided to incarnate here and now, we knew that such will be the situation, and chose it believing that we'll be able to handle it successfully.

We progress more than we believe that we do, because our awake selves are only small parts of multi-dimensional personalities, that get most of the learning during deep sleep. With the help of our inner guidance we can recall things we forgot, and make our experience here more fruitful.

I think that Michael Newton got much information distorted.

I don't believe everyone's incarnation is forced, but some people's are, and for specific purposes. Also, some groups of people will reincarnate in the same geographical area they died in - that's probably more the rule. However, some groups of people can be moved. This is indicative of the fact that natural processes are being interfered with. https://4dforum.org/case-study-44/

I find my self contemplating on, "What is truth?" Hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts.

My Sufi friend Hazrat Inayat Khan says:
"Truth is that which can not be spoken."

and, "The all-important work in life is the attainment of God. God cannot be explained. Any attempt to do this always ends in failure."

It really sums up what I've been experiencing lately. This feeling that, everyone has an opinion, and everyone has enough opinions for more than themselves. Everyone is following their Heart, and it is not wrong to do so. Even if our Heart leads us to a disappointing reality, it was a necessary step for the individual in order to evolve.

-I truly believe that.

What interest me here, with all this talk about reincarnation, is not one mention of the belief that you can reincarnate on other planets- there is an entire religious movement out there that believes your soul does evolve and you move from one planet to another in this evolution towards "paradise" over billions of lifetimes. They believe paradise exist outside time and space and in order to get there you fuse with a fragment of God as your journey goes from this life of dense material to a finer spiritual material. They call this life the shadow of life, not reality but potential.

I'm not here to argue with them either. When I first came to this forum I had a thought that I was coming from another planet. What's absurd to one sounds totally rationale to another.

I discovered the Shroud of Turin recently and tried sharing it with my friends who identify as Christian. My excitement was quickly quelled when they started telling me that was not Jesus but the devil, and continued to quote biblical scripture to prove their point.

Everyone has an opinion. Even over our personal experiences...

I believe we are here to experience, discover and all of *that* is an intimate journey with none other save God. This is what I have chosen to believe.

We, as Ego's or so called unique expressions

We don't want others to tell us what's what, we want to experience for ourselves! This is totally normal, correct... But we find that in our *resistance* we learn what is *not truth.*

How do we resist? Well, does not everyone have an opinion about certain political figures? About certain issues- climate, gender, race, poverty? Does not everyone have an opinion about God? Religions, no religion, etc.? Does not everyone have an opinion about health and what is the best way to live life? What really constitutes a Soul?

We resist because we live in a land where everything has its opposite. Are there things out there to affirm our notions? Yes, and there are concepts ready to defy them equally so! My boss often says two things can be true at the same time. I understand what she means.

Even science has its limits, and you can become dogmatic without claiming a religion. But there is always a discovery or realization to be made. My Cousin who rejects the notion of God shares at times more "god-like" attributes than my other family member who refuses to celebrate in certain get togethers because she calls it pagan worship. I am not here to attack her religious beliefs. I am only stating that I have experienced great dejection from someone who is taught love is all important. I have to remember who I am in those moments when dogma or fervor penetrate the environment.

A great tragedy in life is feeling like we can not share because others are here to condemn, ridicule or just can not relate to our discoveries. But there is also a great compassion that comes from not attempting to convince anyone, by realizing these experiences and conclusions are yours and meant to aid you in your life journey. It takes practice, we are so passionate about what we think we know.

We learn truth not by words- but we experience it. We can share truth in simple manner. Like, giving someone water on a hot day. Taking out the trash for our elders after they've been complaining about one too many house chores. Tending to our plants that need TLC. We know truth by those actions far greater than what any intellectual debate can produce. Far greater than sharing some of the greatest psychic and interdimensional mysteries we've been fortunate to taste.

So, when we are ready to stop fighting- stop resisting, we allow others their expression- and we share the truth in ways we know how. Giving a hug to a friend in need, having a zoom call and allowing someone to share themselves in the moment. Simple things- and how often do we forget? We are constantly forgetting.

Last edited:
I find my self contemplating on, "What is truth?" Hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts.

and, "The all-important work in life is the attainment of God. God cannot be explained. Any attempt to do this always ends in failure."

It really sums up what I've been experiencing lately. This feeling that, everyone has an opinion, and everyone has enough opinions for more than themselves. Everyone is following their Heart, and it is not wrong to do so. Even if our Heart leads us to a disappointing reality, it was a necessary step for the individual in order to evolve.

-I truly believe that.

What interest me here, with all this talk about reincarnation, is not one mention of the belief that you can reincarnate on other planets- there is an entire religious movement out there that believes your soul does evolve and you move from one planet to another in this evolution towards "paradise" over billions of lifetimes. They believe paradise exist outside time and space and in order to get there you fuse with a fragment of God as your journey goes from this life of dense material to a finer spiritual material. They call this life the shadow of life, not reality but potential.

I'm not here to argue with them either. When I first came to this forum I had a thought that I was coming from another planet. What's absurd to one sounds totally rationale to another.

I discovered the Shroud of Turn recently and tried sharing it with my friends who identify as Christian. My excitement was quickly quelled when they started telling me that was not Jesus but the devil, and continued to quote biblical scripture to prove their point.

Everyone has an opinion. Even over our personal experiences...

I believe we are here to experience, discover and all of *that* is an intimate journey with none other save God. This is what I have chosen to believe.

We, as Ego's or so called unique expressions

We don't want others to tell us what's what, we want to experience for ourselves! This is totally normal, correct... But we find that in our *resistance* we learn what is *not truth.*

How do we resist? Well, does not everyone have an opinion about certain political figures? About certain issues- climate, gender, race, poverty? Does not everyone have an opinion about God? Religions, no religion, etc.? Does not everyone have an opinion about health and what is the best way to live life? What really constitutes a Soul?

We resist because we live in a land where everything has its opposite. Are there things out there to affirm our notions? Yes, and there are concepts ready to defy them equally so! My boss often says two things can be true at the same time. I understand what she means.

Even science has its limits, and you can become dogmatic without claiming a religion. But there is always a discovery or realization to be made. My Cousin who rejects the notion of God shares at times more "god-like" attributes than my other family member who refuses to celebrate in certain get togethers because she calls it pagan worship. I am not here to attack her religious beliefs. I am only stating that I have experienced great dejection from someone who is taught love is all important. I have to remember who I am in those moments when dogma or fervor penetrate the environment.

A great tragedy in life is feeling like we can not share because others are here to condemn, ridicule or just can not relate to our discoveries. But there is also a great compassion that comes from not attempting to convince anyone, by realizing these experiences and conclusions are yours and meant to aid you in your life journey. It takes practice, we are so passionate about what we think we know.

We learn truth not by words- but we experience it. We can share truth in simple manner. Like, giving someone water on a hot day. Taking out the trash for our elders after they've been complaining about one too many house chores. Tending to our plants that need TLC. We know truth by those actions far greater than what any intellectual debate can produce. Far greater than sharing some of the greatest psychic and interdimensional mysteries we've been fortunate to taste.

So, when we are ready to stop fighting- stop resisting, we allow others their expression- and we share the truth in ways we know how. Giving a hug to a friend in need, having a zoom call and allowing someone to share themselves in the moment. Simple things- and how often do we forget? We are constantly forgetting.

I just wanted to say, I really, really, like your post. I don't think I've ever seen someone describe my own general view on life so well. Your message especially hit me because for the past few months, I've had this realisation that keeps coming back to me in several situations. My realisation was this: Once an act is being brought to words, it already loses its meaning. For example, so many magazines (the free ones you get at the supermarket, to be more specific) are really big on articles that promote cooking double and bringing a plate of food to your neighbours. Bonus points if they're lonely/elderly/handicapped/you name it. And it fills me with such feelings of disgust. Somehow the act of doing such a nice, natural thing like that feels tainted, violated, even almost ridiculed when it gets emphasized like that. Just live it without a second thought, and the balance will be beautiful.

This is just one example, there are plenty of bigger and smaller examples this applies to. Also, I doubt that I worded it well enough to get my point across, but your post reminded me of this thought I've had lately. :)

I have a quite different understanding of reality.

I think that the only way to learn, and minimize distortions, is for everyone to tap their own individual source of knowledge and guidance (their inner-guide), and not to rely on others' opinions, beliefs, teachings, including sages, avatars, religions (including science).

-I truly believe that.

I'm no philosopher, but I'd rather define truth as what corresponds to reality, and I believe that humanity is better off with a model of reality that is based on hard data rather than intuition, for that is how we get technology and medication. Let's say I hypothesize that a certain combination of chemicals works great against brain cancer. If this hypothesis is true (matches reality) then lives can be saved and we get a better understanding of the world by knowing how certain chemicals affect certain cells. If we get an idea from intuition, then it must be tested and discarded if the data tell us to. Our model of reality should always be updated and changed according to new data.

The problem with intuition and "following you heart" without any critical analysis and testing is that you can end up with insane and false beliefs, and false beliefs can be harmful and "lead to a disappoint reality". Think of the harm done to homosexuals because of religious nonsense. If we do not have answers to a certain question, perhaps we should simply say "we don't know" and find ways to do better research in order to get better data to answers such question. We can speculate on what the answer is, but since we don't have enough data, these temporary answers are simply speculation.

The problem with spirituality is that, apparently, we're dealing with a reality that we cannot investigate properly, just we like we cannot investigate certain planets because we lack the means to do so, therefore I think we should focus on doing better research to get better data until we find the right answers.

I just wanted to say, I really, really, like your post. I don't think I've ever seen someone describe my own general view on life so well. Your message especially hit me because for the past few months, I've had this realisation that keeps coming back to me in several situations. My realisation was this: Once an act is being brought to words, it already loses its meaning. For example, so many magazines (the free ones you get at the supermarket, to be more specific) are really big on articles that promote cooking double and bringing a plate of food to your neighbours. Bonus points if they're lonely/elderly/handicapped/you name it. And it fills me with such feelings of disgust. Somehow the act of doing such a nice, natural thing like that feels tainted, violated, even almost ridiculed when it gets emphasized like that. Just live it without a second thought, and the balance will be beautiful.

This is just one example, there are plenty of bigger and smaller examples this applies to. Also, I doubt that I worded it well enough to get my point across, but your post reminded me of this thought I've had lately. :)

Thank you for your kind words. I love the sensations an epiphany brings, and how multifaceted it can be. 💙

Last edited:
The problem with intuition and "following you heart" ...

Instincts, emotions, intellect, intuition are progressively more evolved responses to perceptions. Intuition isn't related to following one's heart, which is an emotional response.

If you haven't experienced it, imagine living serendipitously, making optimum timely choices without reasoning.

For example, the just started illness / vaccine thread: intuitively making the right choice is based neither on fear, nor on reasoning; it isn't guessing either.

Hello Vestus. Welcome to the reincarnation forum if I've not yet said so. I was hesitant to reply because my comments are not an attack on your ideas and I don't care much for debate. I find nothing in disagreement with what you're saying. They're good points actually.

It looks like you've quoted my words alongside baro-sans to highlight this problem you've presented. I can't help but feel my thoughts were misconstrued to fit your perspective. That's alright.

All of this kind of affirms my initial thoughts, and wherever you are in life is just fine by me. However you choose to live, whatever you choose to believe in. It is your choice, and I am not here to debate that. When I say we're all following our Heart, it means we are moving in the direction we think best. And if you aren't, well why aren't you? That's a rhetorical question.

Whether your outlook is more scientific or intuitive based-

The only, 'problem' or 'complications' I have discovered are when we attempt to force others to adopt our lease on life.
As for sharing 'ideas' I think we feel this resistance in ourselves when such conversations about the nature of reality occurs for various reasons. I think(at times) this impulse denies us the ability to hear and see what's actually being presented. Denies us the, "other."

Fanaticism and oppression exist independently- or what I'm really trying to say is, you don't just come across these energies in religion only.

New ideas challenge both science and religion. Some ideas have disproven what society once collectively believed to be true. It doesn't happen overnight, and it isn't necessarily pretty.

What are your thoughts on science, reincarnation and where does reincarnation fit in with society in the West? I'm not really expecting an answer, just moving the frame of reference in an attempt to expand on ideas already presented in this thread.

Ultimately, I do not think life is a one size fits all approach.

That's my peace. Have a wonderful day and thanks for allowing me the opportunity to elaborate.
~CP

Last edited:
It is just that I have issues with the "earth is a school" narrative. If that was the case, why the memory wipe/block? As far as we know, learning is predicated on memory. The memory wipe plus the negative influences of genetics and culture would result in people making the same mistakes in different lifetimes and acquiring more "negative karma" to deal with. According to Michael Newton, people can take several life times to overcome certain negative traits[1] and I suspect this wouldn't be the case if people could keep all or part of their memory.

The memory wipe is not really complete. Actually, that’s what people often talk about here on the forum. Skills from previous lives may carry over subconsciously and things you’ve learnt once may come to you easier next time. This can be trivial things like learning a foreign language or a musical instrument easier. But this also goes for the more important “lessons of life”. Once you’ve learnt to be compassionate this will be a characteristic of your soul and it will come through more or less in future lives. You won’t have to learn it over and over again from zero. But there will be also other factors that play into it like genetics, upbringing and life circumstances that will make it more or less difficult for you to live now what you have learnt before. The downside is that also negative things like phobias, dislikes and traumas can carry over to future lives. One advantage of the memory wipe is to protect your current life persona from such negative impacts. Another is that remembering all your past lives and life-between-lives with its different dimensions would be just too much to handle for a human being. The human brain is probably not even able to comprehend and process all of it.

In addition to that, some people make the same mistakes in current life over and over again when they pretty well remember everything they did. IMO, remembering is no guarantee for learning faster. Some people, and maybe some souls also, are stuck in behavioral patterns which they can’t easily overcome. And I guess, this is true for all of us to some degree.

Regarding Michael Newton, I’m familiar with his books. They were among the first ones I read on the topic. I also got a regression done by a therapist trained in his method. When I first read the books, I found it all fascinating and I appreciate Newton's work, but later I grew more and more uncomfortable with the idea of afterlife being like a literal school where you would have classrooms and classes, where you would study and discuss things with always the same group of people/souls.

But listening to many accounts later on, I don’t think I ever heard anyone with an NDE or astral travel experience or pre-birth memory describe a school type setting in afterlife like in the Michael Newton books, or talk much about soul groups.
The “all Earth is a school” or “the purpose of life is to learn lessons” is often repeated by many, though. But that’s just one analogy you can use and one which human beings will easily understand. Instead, I see more and more people and myself come up with other analogies like the video game analogy or the rollercoaster/fun park analogy (obviously modern ways to describe things).
I don’t like the term “learning lessons” much, either. I see reincarnation as an opportunity to gain all kinds of different experiences, which will eventually help a soul to evolve, to get refined, to get a greater understanding of Creation, God and itself, to become wiser, happier, more loving and more beautiful. But I guess, it just comes down to everyone’s current perception and understanding how to describe it.

As I understand it, while as humans on Earth we don’t ever have the full picture of everything, of our current life, past lives, the spiritual world and reincarnation even if we remember or experience parts of it, but especially not if we are much influenced by our fears and human ego.

But also as souls in life-between-lives we don’t necessarily see and understand everything. Our knowledge and understanding depends on the level of consciousness of each individual soul or the dimension it is in at that moment. It seems some souls don’t consciously ascend to the higher dimensions between lives where they would get a greater awareness and understanding of themselves and all the benefits and consequences of their lives and reincarnation journeys. These souls in especial need spirit guides to help them to move on. While some maybe go to the higher dimensions consciously, but just don’t remember it at all. That’s why the accounts of people with NDEs and the like are also not the full picture of everything. Some are more, some are less, depending on their level of understanding and consciousness . And there are as many individual experiences in the spiritual world as there are souls. I wouldn’t rely on just one source of information like Michael Newton.

To me that’s kinda like asking why as students in school should we accept a teacher’s authority, or as children why should we accept our parents’ authority?
As teenagers people often think they know better than their parents, but when you get older you often realize how ignorant and inexperienced you actually were back then.

Now that’s a bit speculation, but maybe it is somewhat like in life on Earth: the more experienced you get and the more understanding of how it all works you have, the more choices you are able to make as a soul on your own. Maybe at some point you decide all by yourself how, when and if you want to reincarnate again, and then you just consult with the guides to hear their input and opinion, instead of getting actual tasks and very limited choices all laid out by them and getting convinced of the benefits.
The accounts of people with pre-birth memories are varying in details here. Some get limited choices, some report to have completely free will in their choices. Some go against the advice of their guides. The process of choosing a life is possibly as individual as the souls themselves.

The memory wipe is not really complete. Actually, that’s what people often talk about here on the forum. Skills from previous lives may carry over subconsciously and things you’ve learnt once may come to you easier next time. This can be trivial things like learning a foreign language or a musical instrument easier. But this also goes for the more important “lessons of life”. Once you’ve learnt to be compassionate this will be a characteristic of your soul and it will come through more or less in future lives. You won’t have to learn it over and over again from zero. But there will be also other factors that play into it like genetics, upbringing and life circumstances that will make it more or less difficult for you to live now what you have learnt before.
"May" carry over. We do not have enough data on how many people have this subconscious baggage and how heavy it is. I cannot be sure, but I suspect that if we could remember more, earth would be way more advanced than what it currently is. As you also mentioned, the genetic/cultural influence could impact the individual's life and I also suspect they could nullify the subconscious baggage.

The downside is that also negative things like phobias, dislikes and traumas can carry over to future lives. One advantage of the memory wipe is to protect your current life persona from such negative impacts.
I understand that the memory wipe may be beneficial in some circumstances, but not everyone has had traumatic lives that need to be completely forgotten.

Another is that remembering all your past lives and life-between-lives with its different dimensions would be just too much to handle for a human being. The human brain is probably not even able to comprehend and process all of it.
I will not argue against that, but a completely memory wipe is questionable.

In addition to that, some people make the same mistakes in current life over and over again when they pretty well remember everything they did.
Well, people like that should be studied more carefully. Perhaps psychological issues are the root cause of their behavior. I'm sure the vast majority of people are not like that.

To me that’s kinda like asking why as students in school should we accept a teacher’s authority, or as children why should we accept our parents’ authority?
As teenagers people often think they know better than their parents, but when you get older you often realize how ignorant and inexperienced you actually were back then.
But we can explain to people the consequences of doing/not doing certain actions, like the consequences of driving to fast or eating too many carbs. What are the consequences of not reincarnating?

The accounts of people with pre-birth memories are varying in details here. Some get limited choices, some report to have completely free will in their choices. Some go against the advice of their guides. The process of choosing a life is possibly as individual as the souls themselves.
People not wanting to incarnate and being forced to do are noticeable patterns.

Last edited:
I may not be very smart and I know that I know little, but I do know I don't want to be bossed around after death and I am sure most people here wouldn't like that either. In my personal, humble opinion, our "development" shouldn't be anybody's business but our own. I think people would benefit from focusing on self-empowerment, recovering their memories and thinking twice before blindly following/obeying/trusting whatever they see on "the other side". I believe the topic of spirituality should also be viewed with a more skeptical/critical mindset.

The "memory wipe" is done to the souls of people by living people. The advantage is for these manipulators only. This is how they continue learning their craft and keep others from catching up. Wiping memories is only part of the story; they influence the subconscious of the souls they control. https://4dforum.org/case-study-58/

Back