• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

The Continum

Armada

Old Soul
Hey! It's been a while since I was last on, but it's also been a while since I've last had access to a working computer. Anyway, here is a little bit of a scattered update of what small progress I have made...

My memory of Hungary during the early years of the Ottoman wars has grown slightly, now extending beyond the battlefield to the glimpse of a home. I get the feeling that the reason for this is that I didn't see much of it, nor care too greatly for it. I remember vaguely a wife with dark brown hair, and a blonde daughter who used to be fond of playing in a field of red poppies by the cabin we lived in near some natural hot springs. I also get the feeling that her hair would've darkened with age, but that I never made it home from war to lay eyes upon the change. I also believe this daughter the to be the same soul as the French girl (Jaqueline) that I cared for as my own during my time as a monk, my fatherly affections in that life time no doubt repayment for the ones that I failed to offer in Hungary.

Since you guys last saw me I've also been working on meditation a bit. I always get the same image: a cabin in front of a mountain in the snow, in a clearing in the middle of the woods. Viking era, though I'm not sure which country. Denmark is what comes to mind, though Finland is more logical with the landscape. There could be reasons for that though, IDK. It's not fuzzy and it doesn't jump, but the face of someone within that cabin that I know I don't care to recognize appears as the knave of spades holding a candle in the window. According to certain fortune telling traditions, the knave of spades symbolizes one who bears ill intent. I know whoever it was did anger me and perhaps beared ill intent towards me, which would explain why my mind blocks their image from me.

I haven't really made anymore progress with Spain, but I did get a vinyl disc of some Andalusian guitar music recently that I'm absolutely in love with. And I've also started saving for a trip to Seville, though my current funds for it consist of about a measly $400...

Anyway, that's it. Merry Xmas! :razz:

Welcome back, Armada. I was just wondering how you were. Your posts are always interesting to read. They are like a tapestry of memory that you are weaving. I love the compositions of Joaquin Rodrigo. Is it possible you were a guitarist, as well as a seaman?

Nah, I wouldn't think so. It just sounds familiar... I do play a little in this lifetime, but I kind of suck at it. My Dad was the one who got all the musical talent in the family, he and my Pops both play guitar. Though Dad favours electric...

Just to be clear before I continue, this thread was always intended to become a dumping ground for my updates...

It's been a while since I was last on and I filled in the blanks a little more, but I haven't really come across anything astounding.

Here's the updated continuum list:

Caveman (Location and year unknown)

Viking (Scandinavia, 800 AD?)

Little girl (Italy, 1100 to 1200?)

Soldier in the black army under Pál Kinizsi's command (Hungary, mid 1400s to October 13 1479)

Poor man (Seville, Spain)- late 1400s to early 1500s

Miguel de Oquendo, Admiral in the Spanish Armada (Basque Country, Spain)- 1534 to 1588

Monk (Provence, France)- 1600s

Orphan and later prostitute (Italy)- Early 1700s

Naval soldier of some type (Otranto, Italy)- mid to late 1700s?

Wife beater (Location unknown, late 1700s?) [May be the same as the one above]

Little heathen girl (UK)- 1800s

Lesbian (California, USA)- mid 1900s [Most memories from the late 60s]

Young Occultist of some sort (Possibly USA or another English speaking country)- late 1900s [up until my year of birth]

I also have a memory of being a Templar in Palestine, but I haven't yet added it to the timeline above because I haven't established a specific time period small enough for it to fit in.

Okay, so now to get down to business...!

Remembered some more on my life in the 60's, specifically why I left town and the blonde that I was having an affair with (Which I might post later in the original topic for it).

The last time when I was hanging out with my two younger brothers I also had some short flashbacks of them as my friends and comrades from both the black army and the Templars, mainly of getting drunk, laughing and having an overall good time.

I did some more extended research on the origin of my surname too, which apparently goes back to the old Norse personal Sjolfr... I hadn't thought of it in relation to anything, but when I came back to the sight today I thought of it in relation to my Viking life and it hasn't stopped nagging at me since then. The first thing that came to mind after that was the word 'brother', so after a while of thinking of my possible brother Sjolfr I immediately thought of my youngest brother in this lifetime. They seem to have the same vibe and it's still nagging at me like I'm not going to be to just shake it off and dismiss it. *Shrug* Meh...

Thanks Armada

All very interesting. Would you consider starting a thread for each of these lives? It would be a bit of work to copy and paste them but would be good to be able to see the story as it unravels. I started doing that a few years ago with mine and find it a lot easier now that it's done. If there is a common thread you can link to the other stories.

I know... I've been meaning to get around to it. >.< Got waaaaayyy too much on the old to do list...!

Back