• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Where do you want to travel to, etc.?

Sarellah

Senior Registered
I think the fact that people say "I've always wanted to visit ____". Or "I think _____ accents are so beautiful," sounds suspiciously like they used to live there or have that accent, but it doesn't ALWAYS have to be about reincarnation right?

Personally, lately, I can't stop thinking about Johannesburg, South Africa and the beautiful accents they have there. What about you?

I want to visit England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales. The British Isles are the home of most of my ancestors, although there are a few random Hessians and a Walloon!(sort of a French-Dutch person) I love everything about Britain, and have a "Keep Calm and Carry On" sign in my kitchen. It sums up the character of the people for me, and is something I aspire to do while cooking!

I have always wanted to go to: Jerusalem, the Greek Isles, Provence in France, Japan, and Scotland.

So far, I have connected the Greek Isles and Scotland to past life memories. I am still working on the others, but I have hunches on those. ;) Time will tell.

Thank you. I hope the same for you.

Do you know yet if/ what your connection with the accents in S. Africa is?

I used to want to go there too, but that is because I am fascinated with sharks. I just wanted to study them; but I learned I hate taking biology classes so that's a no- go! :laugh:

Thank you! :) I just think those accents are cool, lol. And I love all the languages they speak there. My friend taught me how to say a couple things in Afrikaans, which is a language spoken in South Africa that is derived from Dutch, because South Africa used to be a Dutch colony! :D In case ya didn't know...

Hahaha, I absolutely love biology; I can't wait to study it in college :D

I also wanna go to Israel cuz I'm Jewish. Someone from Israel told me it's a lot safer there than the news portrays. And India and Bangladesh...

That's okay. Maybe you were moving around a lot in another life and now you desire to stay rooted in one place.

I don't think that being content at home sounds "weird" at all, Mama. I don't think I've strayed off the North American continent much since 1100 A.D. Talk about being a "homebody". I could be taking it too far!

Humm. England, Scotland, Wales, Italy, Greece, France, Egypt.. so far. Haven't been to any of them, in this life.

I want to travel to Paris, France and stay a week. I have always felt a strong connection to 18th century France. If I could go anywhere in the world I'd go there.

Other places I want to visit are Pompeii, Italy and Alexandria, Egypt. I want to see the Nile river, the pyramids, the Valley of the Kings, walk the streets of Pompeii, float in The Dead Sea, and stay on a tropical island. I've never been to the beach and that depresses me.

HI Heather,

I have been to the beach and found it quite overrated. I prefer a swimming pool anytime now.

I spent nine days in France when I was in high school and found it amazing. We toured many of the castles

I also have a great book on the history of France with lots of photos and illustrations if there is anything I can help you with.

Germany, for sure. I'm am, so far, the only person I know who thinks the German language is "sexy"...

"At the drive-in in the old man's Ford,

Behind the bushes 'til I'm screamin' for more,

In the basement, lock the cellar door,

and baby, talk German to me!"

(Paraphrased from "Talk Dirty To Me", apologies to Poison)

It sounds morbid, but I want to visit the Somme battlefields in France. I think I lost someone there last time around and I need to feel closer to him. To see what he saw, to be where he is (he doesn't have a grave, but he's there somewhere). I'd like to see his name on the Thiepval Memorial. It would give me the closure that I feel I never got. There's something truly terrible about not having a body or a grave to grieve over. It just never feels real, never feels over. Which sounds terribly silly of me to say, having not experienced this myself, but those feelings seem to linger.

I've always wanted to visit Montrose in Scotland too, after a strange childhood obsession. I nearly went there whilst on holiday a couple of years ago, but I felt suddenly anxious about it at the last minute and we didn't go! I don't know why! I'm visiting Scotland again in June, so perhaps, now a few more Scottish memories seem to have surfaced, I can finally make the trip! :)

Mama2HRB said:
I also have a great book on the history of France with lots of photos and illustrations if there is anything I can help you with.
What is the book called? I'm interested in any French history books. :)

EDIT: The book is titled 'The Illustrated History of Paris and the Parisians", for anyone interested in French history like me.

I want to see more of Britain, I've been to London and loved it. But when I think of England I feel like I belong in the countryside.

For years I wanted to visit New York so I went there on a really long trip last year. From the moment I stepped out of the airport I felt like I was home. I can't go a day without thinking about the next time I'll go there. I felt so connected to the people and the city itself. Which is strange because I'm normally not a fan of big cities. As I said I like London but I can't stand Paris, Milan and Stockholm.

Sara said:
For years I wanted to visit New York so I went there on a really long trip last year. From the moment I stepped out of the airport I felt like I was home. I can't go a day without thinking about the next time I'll go there. I felt so connected to the people and the city itself. Which is strange because I'm normally not a fan of big cities. As I said I like London but I can't stand Paris, Milan and Stockholm.
These are obvious past life clues.

Back