• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

1887 Birmingham...

Dean

Member
When I first introduced myself here I mentioned that there are only two incarnations that resonate with me currently with one of those being Edward G (Surname is something like Gabbin, Gabon/Gabbon) from Birmingham, UK... When I have these memories or dreams it's around 1887 and I'm already 25 (so born around 1862).

• I recall my dad working at a Birmingham newspaper... I also recall him being involved with some unsavoury people as I grew up.

• I recall a younger sibling getting extremely sick or possibly even dying during a Smallpox epidemic.

• I recall the notion of a Football club coming to fruition when I was younger. They became my Football team (I'm an Arsenal fan in this incarnation and I believe it was Villa in the 1800's).

• At the time I specifically recall (1887) I'm remembering something important with Queen Victoria.

I believe I lived on Broad Street at this time and there were a lot of gangs, one of which I was part of and territory wars were rife even back then! I believe that my uncle was actually Kevin Mooney who was one of the original Peaky Blinders gang that the BBC TV show is created after.

I've done a lot of research and still can't find anyone named Edward G who was in Birmingham in those days but I believe I died around the age of 26/27 in a complete accident involving a fall (I believe I was working construction).
 
Am ten minute ride from Birmingham ... can help you research if need be. Should all be very accessible wrt archives, online research even should be possible.

You need any help let me know.
 
Am ten minute ride from Birmingham ... can help you research if need be. Should all be very accessible wrt archives, online research even should be possible.

You need any help let me know.

I appreciate this, landsend, thank you. I've only done a basic name search coupled with the years 1862-1890 but yet to find anything for Birmingham or linked with Mooney.
 
Back
Top