• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A funny memory and comment

dking777

Member
I have been going back over my childhood memories from a different perspective. I started out young talking about past life memories. The wave subsided around 7 or 8 and it was forgotten about. Something happened at the age of 12 that sparked and triggered the conversations within my family to be picked back up again. I had spoken to a person outside my family and he had verified facts and felt a child my age couldn't have known it. He was a Christian and had changed his mind about reincarnation after talking to me. He told my family that he was 100% convinced that reincarnation was a fact after his experience with me.

This led many people in my family to have an open mind about reincarnation as a possiblity. (Some were still closed minded.)

My Grandfather made a statement to me around this age.

"Well, if you was reincarnated - it makes sense that you was from the east where they have belief in that sort of thing. You must have been a Hindu or a Buddhist in your past life and gave yourself over to such a belief. Now, in my mind of understanding - if you had been a Christian in your past life, none of this would have happened. Maybe this is why the Lord put you in the middle of a Christian family this time around - so we can rub off on you so you won't go getting yourself reincarnated in the future."

:laugh:

I was only 12 or 13 at the time so I had no idea where he was coming from. (I rejected my families religious expression when I was very young. They never forced me to believe as they believed.) The agreement was that my Grandfather kept was we would keep an open mind about each other's beliefs.

Years later, (when I was 22) - I had an experience where I was projected into a 'vision' and saw the past lives of a friend first hand. He had many past lives that led back to an age and time where he lost his life in this world after being fed to the lions. When I was in the experience - my 'spirit' had sight of the what, why and when - but - when I woke up back to a conscious mind again - my information was limited. I knew he had been fed to the lions in a past life and my assumption was based on what sight I had of history being that Christians were fed to lions. So - I assumed he was a Christian in a past life and here he was back in a reincarnated form again. I made a joke with my friend about how he must have been upset if he had converted to their beliefs in a past life and that didn't save his 'spirit' from the fate of being reincarnated again. I felt might explain the deep animosity my young friend had against toward the 'Christian religion.' (Not that it was true. I just made a joke about it to him as a possible explanation.) Christianity didn't work for him - if he had signed on thinking that being a Christian was going to get him off the 'wheel of karma' and reincarnation quicker than the rest of us.

I told him I had no idea what was in his head in his past life and didn't know for sure. I was just supposing and making jokes about it. I told him,

"Boy, if that was in your head at the time - the only good thing to come out of it that I can see - is them lions got themselves a good meal."

Afterward, when the fundamentalists tried to save me (because of my belief in reincarnation) - I would lean over and whisper to them,

"Take my advise to heart on this. Don't go feeding yourself to the lions any time soon. You might just wake up in a new body with an angry attitude toward your religion in a life to come. Because the way I see it - your free to believe what you want to believe in this life and let belief be the driver in control of your mind. But on the other side - belief takes a back seat and truth takes control regardless of what you may or may not believe in this life. So - when you find yourself outside your current body in the afterlife and truth is driving you to your next incarnation and future body - I want you to remember me in the back of your mind and hear me saying - I told you so."
:laugh:

DK
 
As soon as I could formulate a thought process about Reincarnation, I quickly learned to keep my mouth shut on the subject, oh, I had a lot of questions, especially about the strange dreams I was having, of places and bodies that were not of the present or about me in particular.


Basically what I'm trying to say, is I knew what MY body felt like to be inside of it, and in these dreams (except the possible Past Life dream where a young child was killed by a large dog, possibly a wolf) I could feel the difference in bodies, it's hard to explain, but I knew I was dreaming, I knew I was in a different body and finally, I knew it was a different time and place than what I was accustomed to.


I hope these ramblings make sense, but again, early on, I learned NOT to talk about Past Lives around my grown-ups, because of their reaction, not so much of hostility or anger, but just the opposite, a sort of denial or ignoring the concept.


When I was growing up, then and maybe even now, there was a saying which basically said: "He wouldn't say s**t if his mouth was full of it" (I hope this wasn't too coarse), but it perfectly illustrates the attitude of the people around me, as to the subject of Reincarnation and Past Lives, I later on called it "Ignorance through Avoidance" and it pretty much sums it up!


Just some thoughts from the past.
 
Thanks for sharing dking777...I enjoyed the read. Nice reflections hydrolad. Another enjoyable reflection on how we as children...seem to already know so much. :cool
 
Back
Top