Emmelyn
Member
The dream I'm about to describe isn't linear and I am honestly at a loss as to whether or not this dream could have given me a glimpse into a past life.
In the dream, I was a young boy, hiding behind a wall with another boy, who I instantly knew was my closest friend. His name was Ira, which is a very beautiful name but one that I'm unfamiliar with, so I was very confused when I first woke up. We were hiding from danger (what seemed to be a battle of sorts) but planes were flying over our heads and we were very afraid. As we huddled together, I turned to him and was filled with intense, real dread - I knew that he was going to die.
Suddenly, I was still dreaming but I was back to my real self, as if I had paused a movie or a game for a break. I tried over and over again to imagine ways that Ira could be saved, but eventually I realised the awful truth that my time was running out and there was no way to save him - he was going to die regardless of what I tried to do. I can still remember the feeling of sadness and reluctant resignation I felt as I prepared to be taken back to 'when I was a boy' and helplessly watch Ira be taken away from me. However, I woke up before this could happen.
This has stayed with for four days, which doesn't seem like much but my memory is terrible and I rarely remember the details of dreams, let alone the emotions I felt. Could this dream have given me a hint to what happened in a past life or am I just blowing everything out of proportion? Thank you to anyone who reads this!
P.S. I had to google the name Ira when I woke up - the way I heard it pronounced (eye-ra) is a Hebrew name, meaning 'watchful'! How beautiful!
In the dream, I was a young boy, hiding behind a wall with another boy, who I instantly knew was my closest friend. His name was Ira, which is a very beautiful name but one that I'm unfamiliar with, so I was very confused when I first woke up. We were hiding from danger (what seemed to be a battle of sorts) but planes were flying over our heads and we were very afraid. As we huddled together, I turned to him and was filled with intense, real dread - I knew that he was going to die.
Suddenly, I was still dreaming but I was back to my real self, as if I had paused a movie or a game for a break. I tried over and over again to imagine ways that Ira could be saved, but eventually I realised the awful truth that my time was running out and there was no way to save him - he was going to die regardless of what I tried to do. I can still remember the feeling of sadness and reluctant resignation I felt as I prepared to be taken back to 'when I was a boy' and helplessly watch Ira be taken away from me. However, I woke up before this could happen.
This has stayed with for four days, which doesn't seem like much but my memory is terrible and I rarely remember the details of dreams, let alone the emotions I felt. Could this dream have given me a hint to what happened in a past life or am I just blowing everything out of proportion? Thank you to anyone who reads this!
P.S. I had to google the name Ira when I woke up - the way I heard it pronounced (eye-ra) is a Hebrew name, meaning 'watchful'! How beautiful!