Shiftkitty
Registered User
I have been fighting a virus that one of my doofus co-workers decided to share with everyone. It hit me particularly hard, and right now, though eyes, throat, nose, etc. is all well, I am still deaf in my left ear. I have drops that the doctor gave me, should take about 5-10 days, he said. Meanwhile, I have to take a five-minute break in the middle of my work day to put the drops in and let them do their work. So I pulled up to one of my stops and made my delivery, then I dropped the seat back and put the drops in. I used my cell phone's timer function and watched as it started counting backwards from 5 minutes. I started counting along with it, inadvertently shutting my eyes. I kept counting, though, wondering if I was being accurate. Then the imagery started.
I saw a staircase and I was walking down it, counting backwards with each step. I saw my feet in their battered black sneakers slowly change to a pair of children's feet in tiny, shiny buckled shoes. Soon, I wasn't even on the staircase. I was a litle girl, maybe 3 or 4, in a beautiful little Sunday dress. I had a pretty yellow bonnet, and I was laughing uproariously as I chased a goose along a dirt path. The goose was easily larger than me, and honked in an annoyed tone as I ran after it. I hear my mother calling. She doesn't want me to get dirty. We have to be clean for church, you know! I hear my father call out. He's the biggest, strongest man I know (at 3, how many men could I possibly know?), and I love him dearly. My parents are good parents and they dote on me as much as they can.
I got many quick feelings from this one. It didn't last long. I got sick at some point, but I don't know when. The illness took my life, and I was sad. I knew I was going to die from that illness. I can't zero in on my age, but my parents were both still alive and at my bedside when I passed. I never saw my father cry before. Strong men aren't supposed to cry, especially not the strongest man I know.
When my timer went off, I snapped out of it. Now that I have a weekend ahead of me, I'm going to meditate on my father in that life. I'm sure I know him today. Possibly he was my father in this life, because the two of us, though we had our clashes, were very close. (And he will always be the strongest man I know, made all the stronger in my eyes for my learning of the personal demons he was fighting throughout his life!)
Interesting note, this is the first PL memory I've ever had crop up where I can see members of my family in that life. All others are like "Well, I must have family somewhere!"
I saw a staircase and I was walking down it, counting backwards with each step. I saw my feet in their battered black sneakers slowly change to a pair of children's feet in tiny, shiny buckled shoes. Soon, I wasn't even on the staircase. I was a litle girl, maybe 3 or 4, in a beautiful little Sunday dress. I had a pretty yellow bonnet, and I was laughing uproariously as I chased a goose along a dirt path. The goose was easily larger than me, and honked in an annoyed tone as I ran after it. I hear my mother calling. She doesn't want me to get dirty. We have to be clean for church, you know! I hear my father call out. He's the biggest, strongest man I know (at 3, how many men could I possibly know?), and I love him dearly. My parents are good parents and they dote on me as much as they can.
I got many quick feelings from this one. It didn't last long. I got sick at some point, but I don't know when. The illness took my life, and I was sad. I knew I was going to die from that illness. I can't zero in on my age, but my parents were both still alive and at my bedside when I passed. I never saw my father cry before. Strong men aren't supposed to cry, especially not the strongest man I know.
When my timer went off, I snapped out of it. Now that I have a weekend ahead of me, I'm going to meditate on my father in that life. I'm sure I know him today. Possibly he was my father in this life, because the two of us, though we had our clashes, were very close. (And he will always be the strongest man I know, made all the stronger in my eyes for my learning of the personal demons he was fighting throughout his life!)
Interesting note, this is the first PL memory I've ever had crop up where I can see members of my family in that life. All others are like "Well, I must have family somewhere!"