• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Amazing 4 year old drummer - who was he before?

Indian

Member
Hi, been lurking here for some months. Great site :D
Saw a video of a four year old drummer boy who is just amazing. He must have been in some famous band before..

Funny thing - he is asked for how long he's been drumming & answers "20 years" without hesitation. I bet he's right :)

Anybody here into '70s pop & heavy metal bands? Cant be too many drummers who already died? (lost in the fifties myself & never paid attention to the music in the 70's)

http://www.colemarcus.com

I hope he's parents know not to overexpose him & let him be a child too - but it's obvious he's almost impossible to stop ;)
 
There was a child virtuoso guitar player back in the late 80's, early 90's... Thomas McRocklin Playing in clubs at 6, formed a Heavy Metal Band in 1991 at age
12 (The album pas produced by guitar hero Steve Vai.) Opened for Ozzy before he was 10.

He was incredible, but seems to have faded into obscurity...last I heard he's now 23 and working in a music store :(
 
John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)

Keith Moon (The Who)

They are deceased drummers. But that kid doesn't necessarily have to have been a famous drummer. He might have just done it more than one life and remembers....... :)
 
Blimey - that little boy is impressive!! I got my first drum kit at 15 and was never as good as that!!

As you said, it was amazing how quickly, naturally and firmly he stated that he had been playing the drums for 20yrs.
 
This is light hearted but not meant to offend ;)

If this little boy starts kicking his drum kit over and breaking it up, then he may well have been Keith Moon.

On a serious note. What an amazing story I would love to hear more if possible.
Hammy.
 
Things like this tend to worry me...

It seems that everytime there is a "prodigy" they never seem to live very long. Mozart (for music) and Stuart Sutcliffe (the 5th "Beatle" and a phenomenal artist come to mind right off the bat).

I don't mean to be morbid, but I truly have noted such a correlation. It's almost as if since they "begin" sooner -- they "finish" sooner. I hope I'm wrong and the many instances I've noticed are just a fluke.

He's such a sweet little boy and I hope he's going to stay put for a good eighty years if not more...

Mousie
 
I've always been impressed (and kind of jealous) of prodigies such as this one.

Seeing such natural talents at an early age definitely seems to be strong supporting evidence for reincarnation.
 
Unbelievable!
He just knows what he's doing...

Weird how some kids tend to be natural at things... When I was 1 and half and started walking the first thing I went for was my dad's tennis racket. I picked it up and started pretending to play guitar and have always had this obsession with guitars. I play guitar and bass pretty well these days...

But... just on a note. If anyone knew a guitar-playing mechanic who died in the 70s or 80s, let me know.
 
I just typed a long reply to this thread and when I went to preview it, the system complained that it was over 5500 characters and then it lost everything I'd typed. I have a rule, when something like that happens, I assume that it wasn't meant to be, so I never retype it. But the gist was, I wonder if even as kids start forgetting things from past lives at a certain age, they can also forget talents learned in previous lives, especially if they have no opportunity to pursue those interests in this life? For example, if a famous composer in a previous life was born into a home where the parents either could not afford, or refused to buy any musical instruments while the child was very young, would that talent be lost, at least for the present lifetime?
 
Re: Amazing 4 year old drummer - who was he before?

An unusual ability in a child, or an adult does not necessarily mean that they were famous at in previously. He could just as easily been a struggling musician who worked hard, practiced, played his heart out, but never 'made it' professionally. But, this time he was born to a family of musicians and had the chance to get recognition for his talent and hard work.
 
Amazing kid. He reminds me more of
Buddy Rich in mannerisms than the guys mentioned below. Rich, apparently, had an ego bigger than the planet, so maybe he has to exercise it again.

However, this is interesting: There was Art Blakey, a bop drummer (I dislike bop so I know little about him, other than a number -- on this discography -- called Reincarnation Blues. It may be on the internet somewhere.

I wonder whether they performed musical experiments with Cole, such as having a band play famous drum-solo numbers that have become iconic, to see whether he plays the breaks identically or nearly so. Gene Krupa's 1938 solo in Benny Goodman's Sing Sing Sing Carnegie Hall recording comes to mind because it's unique. If he hits the cowbell in the same place. . . .

Another famous drummer was Cozy Cole, and there's a QuickTime video at that link of him and Krupa in a drum battle.

But all these guys played for more than 20 years.
 
I was at a wedding and someone in the groom's party sang and played guitar with his son, who was probably 5. The whole place went nuts.

There is a local rock band here who are about 13 or 14, something like that. I've seen them twice. I'm 21, but I confess I am a fan. Theyre amazing, and they compose thier own music. They play punk and rock. Its really unbelievable. Theyre pretty well-known around here.

I think some people are just given talents, no matter thier age. They may have been musicians before. I am a musician now. That doesnt mean I have been previously. It is possible, but who knows?
 
Generally I don't think speculations about other people's previous lives (without their own memories involved) can ever be scientific or even trustworthy, but then there's another side of me, curious, gossipreading & prone to speculate..


Here is a new child prodigy, this time in painting - 7 year old Kieron Williamson - who I wonder where he was before..


He's being compared to Picasso in the media, but others have talked about similarities in style to J M W Turner and Bob Ross


His eyes points in the J M W Turner direction..
 
Back
Top