• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Ancient Egyptian Connection? New to this stuff.

cbryns

Member
Hi there,

I am completely new to this arena. I literally stumbled upon it in the midst of a reconciliation so I am not sure what this site is all about but I wanted to post to see if anyone else feels similarly.

I am white as white can be. I have roots in my ancestry back to Robert the Bruce (one of the original Bravehearts) and Mary Queen of Scots, but for some reason since I was about 14 or so I was deeply entrenched in Ancient Egyptian Culture. I mean, gathering books, visiting museum exhibitions, certain songs would even make me feel triggered back into the place I had been before, one I Cannot describe in words. I even have a tattoo of the eye of Horus; there has literally been nothing or no one I know of Egyptian threads or culture to influence me over my lifespan. I am now 28 and I still get these random spurts of energy pertaining to this feeling or past identification. It's so strange and normally I would laugh such a thing off but, I have felt this "thing" for nearly half of my life, or over half of my life at this point. There is a certain song I feel brings me more connected to the past life, and whenever I listen to it I am completely transported to this other realm, this other life and other presence. When it all began I was a young, hopeful, ambitious 14 year old girl and I feel it was me back then too. I feel a sense that I was a part of some royal conglomeration, I wouldn't say "queen" or "priestess" but princess feels right. Someone lost but finding herself. Someone falling in love for the first time. Someone experiencing the ancient statues and oasis's, getting lost in possibilities, it is so hard to describe but the brief moments of life I remember or imagine are so beautiful. There was despair in my past but when I think of it all I am "in a happy place" something beautifully and with rhapsody. The despair seemed to be overwhelmed by the simple beauty of where I was at that point.

I am Still drawn the Ancient Egyptian culture but not as strongly. I wonder if it is just my physical being growing older. But whenever I hear that one song I am completely transported again. It is as if my golden, glory days were back then as a young adult in ancient Egypt. Again I am super white, super American, no one has ever influenced me to be interested in this stuff, it literally came upon me years ago out of nowhere and I rode that wave. I still am. I miss something I have never seen. I miss things and people I have never felt or met. Am I nuts??? Or is this something that could have credence? I must also mention I have had feelings of connection to Revolutionary times as well as Civil War Era events, but not at all as strongly as I have felt for Egypt.
 
Hello (cousin) cbryns, glad you found us, welcome to the forum. Mary Queen of Scots is in my linage also, along with a significant portion of the population I suppose. Your interest in, and memory of, Egypt fits well into this forum. There are several threads here that should interest you.

Are there any memories that you can share about either the Civil war or Egypt?
 
Welcome to the forum.

Most of us who arrive here do so because we're linked back to various parts of history and have become conscious of that fact in some way. Your glimpses, affinity, and memories certainly fit that pattern.

There is a thrill to realizing we have a more durable identity than the span of a single lifetime. The true gift is to grasp that thrill and transform it into a search for inner truth and personal growth now. Those memories are more than a simple story to view for relaxation, yet less than an identity to claim again in this lifetime.

Past lives, no matter how impressive, are merely steps along a path toward who you have now become. Each adds something but is not the whole of you.

What do you think? Are your memories an opportunity to claim lessons learned the hard way in previous lifetimes and make them your own in this life? Maybe you can live out your deeper calling in this life more firmly and honestly in response to those memories, since you can see how you might retain the character and relationships you develop now beyond a single lifetime. What kind of legacy do you wish to leave to yourself next time around?

I've enjoyed exploring these ideas with others in this forum, and am looking forward to your contributions.
 
Hi,
I'm new here, but not so new to the Old Kemetic belief system, or my part in it.
I can understand how you feel, coming from something so incredible as we have, it really stays a prominent part of our being.

I also enjoy listening to music that reminds me of 'those days', and you're not alone in those small pleasures. My existence has always, always rotated around Egyptian roots, though I am familiar with (and respect) many other belief systems/cultures I am always drawn back to that very prominent time.
The dimly lit temples, busy narrow market streets, the scent of herbs and breads, children playing with wooden crocodile toys and rolling glass beads and stones down the steps of their houses. Women bringing bowls of milk and flowers to make offerings to the Gods.

And knowing that it's all gone now, one of the greatest civilizations reduced to dust.
When I visit museums my heart aches that I cannot reach out and touch the things from the past, when I see the bodies of past nobles defiled, it saddens me.
But I understand that people need to learn in order to remember, so I'm glad they are preserved, and safe.

I don't know if my addition is worth much, but I wanted you to know that you aren't alone, and if you ever want to discuss further, drop me a message.
 
Last edited:
While viewing that link, I closed my eyes and 'heard' “I can easily find part of myself at any location”. Not sure what that has to do with anything!
 
Back
Top