• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Ancient Greece?

Petrichor

Member
Hello everyone,

I've been reading this forum for several years and gotten a lot out of it. I always wanted to participate in the conversation, but felt shy about sharing my own memories.

However, recently I've recalled this memory:

It's warm and I'm lying on some kind of a lounge chair and I can see white pillars around me. I'm pregnant and I think I like it.

The truth is, I had this memory a long time ago but it didn't fit any part of my current identity so I seem to have pushed it back down. This is the only clear visual memory I have relating to this but immediately upon recalling this, I got the feeling that I'd had a daughter who's name was Io.

I guess Io is a Greek name, so I've been thinking of Ancient Greece. I have a feeling the memory must be pretty ancient. But I don't have enough memories to confirm that, and don't want to Google too much yet, so I'm wondering if anyone would have any other guesses.

General input in researching/confirming a most likely non-famous past life is welcome as well.
 
Last edited:
Hi Eva1942,

Thank you for your sympathy. I have no reason to believe I was famous in the life this memory was from. I think I had white clothes in that memory, so I might have been wealthy, though.

All I really know about Ancient Greece is what I learned in high school, and the hunch the memory might be from there is based on that vague knowledge. I know of the myth of princess Io, and it has made me think that maybe there was something I liked in that tale that would've made me name a child Io, if I knew the story at the time. (There's a sense of some degree of vanity attached to the memory I described, so it might have been about naming the child after a princess? And at least right now I can see how I might've liked how princess Io survives despite hardship.) I've been wondering if Io was a common name in Ancient Greece or some other place close to it, but haven't Googled anything yet, I'm waiting if I might remember more before I do.
 
I've experienced someting simular with my children, that their soul came to me very shortly after conception, and told me they are coming and what their name is, so that I shall know what to name them when they are born.

As of the name Io, I strongly assosiate it with someting very positive - a very kind person. A girl/woman who will have to watch out not to be disused by others for her mere goodness to people. A very giving and very caring person.

And I also assosiate it with the very extraordinary roman feast, the saturnalia. A celebration, basically of generousity and happyness for everybody.

And the number 10. A fullfillment of someting.

I think you are right to be happy to expect this child.

Peace and love be with you. All the best.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top