• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

At the moment of death

argonne1918 said:
I have been contacted telepathically by several people that I knew after they died. Has that ever happened to you?
My maternal grand-mother-in-law stood next to me in the darkness of the nursery lit only by the hall light as I changed my son's diaper. In my half-sleeping state I felt her presence and said "Hello, Ajuita" (my daughter's childhood version of "abuelita") and got a warmth and pressure around my waist which is where her arm would go if she were reaching out to hug me. I felt completely comfortable with her presence with me as I changed the diaper of her second great grandchild. She was a 4'10" spanish woman who never approved of my wife working (which she did so she could indulge in retail therapy). She died two years before he was born. She was a wonderfully loving and kind woman and I feel lucky to have received a visit, even if it was only for my son.

I just came back from a large dollar store. The manager, who I did not know personally, died a few days ago suddenly from a brain infection. (Which makes me wonder as the store is full of stuff from China, and I have been told sometimes they open the boxes to just find a pile of dust ...)

Anyway, I was over at the cosmetics portion of the store where the office is. I saw her out of the corner of my eye coming out of the office and actually moved sideways to allow her to pass me.

It took a minute for it to even register that she was dead ... :eek:

argonne1918 said:
I have been contacted telepathically by several people that I knew after they died.
What's really weird is when they want you to look for something they will put a picture in your head and then guide you to it.

Mama2HRB said:
It took a minute for it to even register that she was dead ... .
This happened to me in the library. I live in a beautiful town. People here lovingly preserve old buildings, and many of the houses are from around 1905. Our library was built around that time by two millionaire brothers. It is "Carnegie" quality, and the most beautiful building I've ever entered. It has inglenooks, and fireplaces, and stained glass windows. The first time I saw it, I started to cry, because of it's beauty, and the feelings it engendered. One day, I was wandering the stacks, when a man approached me. He didn't look too "antique", but had a sort of 1960's "nerd" quality. He looked like someone who might have worked for NASA during the space "shots". Once again, I was aware of the light around him. I glanced away for a split second, and he disappeared. I searched around the library for him, but he wasn't there. I realized then that he was a "discarnate" soul, wandering the halls of a place he loved when he was alive. I can't think of a better place to haunt. I doubt your spirit even realized she had "passed", Mama. Better the library, than a discount store!

I expect to see her often at that store. She had worked there since it opened and was a very strict manager. Maybe even OCD about it. The store always had a certain air about it and it was spotless, all items perfectly stocked. That was NOT what I saw on this last visit. Not even close.

You are right, her passing was very quick, a headache one day, worse one the second, go to the doctor then hospital and she was dead before they could discover what the virus even was.

She was told she would be put in a coma so they could save her so she might think she is still in that coma ...

Sadly, she did not like me so I cannot help her. If I see her again, however, I will send someone who can.

I'm glad that you know someone who can help her. However, if she didn't like you, her taste in people must have been terrible!

I was just a child, and received a partial body sighting visit from my Great-Grandmother, in the old Bedroom she died in, years ago.

Her identity was confirmed and validated by photographs from some old family photo albums with the help of my Mother.

Nothing since then has been involving a true sighting, all other "visits" have been, my name being called, a touch to the face, the scent of perfume, and so forth.

Nothing is ever so strong as when you're a child, then it seems, as you get older, it becomes more difficult to receive a "visit" of any clarity or magnitude as an Adult, at least for me it has.

Back