• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Come As You Were

Shiftkitty

Registered User
I wasn't sure if this was a good place for this, but since it deals with specific PLs, I thought this little light-hearted thread would fit here.

Back in the 50's, with the "Bridey Murphy" case, some people threw "Come As You Were" parties, where you'd arrive in the persona of one of you past lives. If one was thrown today, who would you come as?

I'd probably come as my life in the 1960's, just because the soundtrack would be so cool. Maybe somebody would recognize me and tell me what my name was. (I keep seeing the name 'Morgan' or 'Moran', but I can't hone in on it.)
 
that'd be a cool party :) i think i'd come as my life in the 50s or 60s too. probably because it's my last life. only probably be wearing my army uniform :D
 
Hello, Shiftkitty and dr_what!


What a great question for a new member to answer. ;)


Hmmm... I would probably come to the party dressed as a dandy like Oscar Wilde (19th century style). He is not my past-life, but I am also Irish and write poetry. ;)


PS - The soundtrack to the 60's are great! Most of my favorite bands are from that era. How about you?
 
Very cool idea. :cool I'd come dressed an ancient egyptian woman - long white dress, beaded collar, sandals.


Or, maybe dressed like a woman from Tudor England. Although my lifetime in that era was as a servant woman...so maybe I'd kick it up a notch and wear something nicer. :D
 
1940's for me


Since in this lifetime I was born in the early '50's, the '60's was a neat time for me, although it was rather earth-shattering, what with the Civil Rights movement and the Vietnam war, and while I like all kinds of music, I still listen to music from the '60's. :)


But of the two Past Lives dreams I do remember, the PL as a WWII RAF Fighter pilot remains foremost in my memory and I would probably come dressed for that PL. :)
 
To answer an earlier question, 50's doo-wop sends chills up my spine. However, for the 60's give me the Rolling Stones!
 
What a fun thread!


OK, I would come dressed in a long dress and a veil upon my head, I don't know why, but I have always liked that general look since I was a child.


Maybe I was a nun in a past life, or a lady who lived during a time when such attire was appropriate?


P.S. As I am new here, please do not take my former comment as some sort of preface of a 'preachy' member. :)
 
I have had snippets of a late 1700's party where there was a tremendous amount of happiness and revelry in which all the women were in formal attire and the men in small clothes. There was a string quartet playing the latest music and while the men were all wine-flown and verbally jousting, the women were berating them to come and dance. I got an intense understanding that there was a colluded effort to show me up...a group had put their heads together to good naturedly give me "a taste of my own medicine", whatever that might have been, I felt it was almost like a roast. We (the men) were in the garden just off the large patio/dance floor and I was the particular butt of a joke and somehow, through intoxication, lost my shoe and couldn't find it in the dark...my golden colored stocking with red piping was going to get dirty and that's just what happened. It was my house and the wine ensured that everyone, at least the men involved, were quite drunk.


If there was an opportunity to "Come as I was", it would be in short clothes, with wig and full late american colonial, early federal attire. I think the stockings would show my calves in a positive light, and to this day, a high collar or ruffle still finds me somehow more attractive, or as my wife says, "more put-together"!
 
I would come as Mary Carter, my eighteenth-century life, although I have no idea what I looked like then. I do remember what kind of clothes I wore. I have a lot of memories riding horses, and wearing a dark woolen riding habit...so I'll wear that to our pretend-party. Shiftkitty, I love your black lace!
 
I would come looking like this guy:


john_paul_jones.jpg
 
Humm. too many to choose from...


Might come as my Ancient Egyptian Princess or A Native American woman from the the south east coast. I have the clothing from both in my mind. Or do a current life gender bend and go as my medieval monk. That's a really simple outfit.
 
Personally as for myself, I would probably come dressed as a Native American Indian Plains Woman with preferably as a Cheyenne Woman.
 
J. Jay Kamp said:
I would come as Mary Carter, my eighteenth-century life, although I have no idea what I looked like then. I do remember what kind of clothes I wore. I have a lot of memories riding horses, and wearing a dark woolen riding habit...so I'll wear that to our pretend-party. Shiftkitty, I love your black lace!
You remember a past life so well you wrote an entire book about it ?


What happened during that experience ?
 
We're actually having a come as you were event here in a few weeks. I'm coming as everyone I ever was - wearing a little stage, with paper puppets... ;)
 
Back
Top