• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Confused Yet Somewhat Intrigued

When I was young I used to believe my mother wasn't my real mother. Looking back on that, wouldn't that make sense if I had a past life? I don't know what to think of it and I don't want to name the person who I think I could be... But I will tell you a little about myself.

I am 21 years old, I have red hair and I am quite tiny in size. I am left handed, and am also an artist. I have won two awards, both in my last grade of high school. I was named artist of 2008 and my name and piece of art hangs in our town's school board building in the hall of fame. I am bisexual, I even knew when I was a child that I liked girls and always told my mother that when I wore jeans I was a boy, but when I wore dresses I was a girl. I also believed that my mother wasn't really my mother. Why, I don't know. I do not believe in God only because I have never gotten any help from Him. I used to pray for my mother to be nicer, never anything bad, but still nothing happened. I was angry with God and that is why I casted the idea of a "bigger thing" to the side. I also, since I was young, have been fighting a constant battle of feelings and emotion and have learned that I have depression and anxiety.

Just recently I started thinking about my life, and always felt like I was repeating something. I have wicked deja vu's and it can last up to 5 minutes. My mother had finally told me about my birth, and I actually cried.

Apparently my father has some kind of family curse... I wouldn't say I believe it but that was the way my mother described it. She told me that my great grandfather married a woman and when it was time to give birth to their first child, the mother and the child died. He remarried and when the woman gave birth to their child they lived. That was when my grandfather was born. The same thing happened to my grandfather. My father is his first to be born and lived to tell the tale. Next was my father, and already knowing of what might become of my mother and the child he told her. My mother is a very strong woman, so they tried. My mother was in labour for 27 hours. She and I almost died that day. When she told me this story I became emotional. I didn't know what to say, think or do. Then she told me that I was the one to break the family curse. I was not supposed to be born.

This is somewhat creepy to hear after being greeted by dead relatives. Oh yeah, and the babies who died? They were all girls and I am the only first born girl in three generations... One of the baby's who died, Mary, came to me in my dreams countless times until the day we got the papers of all the family members. Her name was there. My mother's friend is a wicken and she believes in the paranormal. She has told my mom countless times that I am an open person. A person who somehow brings in the spirits. I also believe this.

Now, the other night I was laying in bed, still awake, thinking of why I would be the only surviving female child. Then it hit me, what if I did something wrong in my past life... and what if God made me go back, with no memory, and redo my mistakes until I finally made the right choices on my own? Doesn't that make sense? I could actually a thousand years old just not have any memories of all my past lives.

So, how can I know if I am really he*? Would my spirit finally be accepted into Heaven if I do not do the things I did in my last life? Am I finally cracking the code of my memories? And if I go back to his last known location, will something happen?

So many questions, so little time...

* the man I was in my last life.
 
Hello star_explorer, welcome to the forum :)


I'm sorry to hear about your anxieties. I'll be perfectly honest with you, you do sound as if you are living under a curse, but that curse is your own fear, and you can break it quite easily. First of all, you need to learn the basic concept of reincarnation and how it works. This isn't something that happens to an 'elite' few, we are ALL reincarnated over and over again, so yes, your soul is most likely several thousand years old along with every other soul, all on our own different path.


There are many different theories as to why we reincarnate, some people believe it is simply a form of recreation, like a playground for the soul to be entertained, while others believe that each lifetime is a different lesson to be learned until there is nothing left to learn and we reach a state of perfection. I personally believe the latter.


In your case, I don't believe there is anything supernatural going on with your family line. It could just as easily be some kind of genetic disorder that has been passed down, I would definitely hesitate to blame it on a curse. As for your question about God sending you back for doing something wrong in a past life, I can assure you, we've all done bad things in our past lives, it's unavoidable, and all part of the learning process. What would be the point in spending lifetime after lifetime just being a good person and doing no wrong? If we all had a choice, wouldn't we all choose a perfect life over and over again? We have to experience life from every angle, both good and bad, so bad is not necessarily 'bad' if you look at the bigger picture.


I would suggest that you take some time to read through this forum and familiarize yourself with reincarnation and how it all works, read books, we have a great book section here. Also research clarvoyancy, because it looks like you also have an 'ability' there which needn't be a curse either, I'm sure others here can testify to that. I seriously think that a bit of time spent on research will give you a whole new perspective on things and will be a benefit to you. Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions, we're all here to help and support each other.


Chris :)
 
Thanks Chris for getting back to me. I have done some research on reincarnation, and have believed it since I was young, but still never really got any answers. I haven't bought any reincarnation books just because I don't see the point...


I was doing some research on the person who I think I am, but I am "scared" to know the truth. What if I was? This life has already started out as my last, and if it is fate then how could I stop myself from making the same mistakes again?


I always have believed in fate and I also believe that people can have visions of the future, and deja vu is a sign that you are on the right track in life, or that your doing it right...


But I have not had a deja vu in a couple years now, so from my belief it feels like I, on the way, changed my course and am now on a different road that I am not supposed to be on.


And I wish I could tell you who I think I was in my past life, because, both me and him are so much alike that it seems weird to even think about it. I mean, how could I be him??


Did you think of ANYONE who is known worldwide in history while you were reading my introduction?


Because reading back, I feel like I'm talking about two people at once...
 
I'm sorry, but after reading through your original post again, I can't say that I recognize any historical figure that suggests who you were in your past life. But it doesn't matter who you were anyway, although that person may have been a container for your soul, you are not him now, and you are not responsible for his actions. You are you now, and the choices that you make in this life are governed by your free will, and not by the actions of somebody who lived in the past.


Of course there are going to be similarities, you are the sum of all your incarnations, each past life experience adds a little more depth to who you are today. Just remember that you've lived many times before as many different people, some good, some bad. We are not destined to repeat the same mistakes over and over again, but if there is a lesson to be learned over several lifetimes, then I believe we approach the issue each time from a different perspective. Having to repeat the same pattern over and over again, exactly the same each time, would be my definition of hell.


Have you ever considered past life therapy, or a self guided regression? I think these things can help to release you from the past and to start living your life in the 'now'. And don't worry, you're not alone here with these issues, many of us here were all drawn to this forum with similar anxieties.
 
ChrisR said:
But it doesn't matter who you were anyway, although that person may have been a container for your soul, you are not him now, and you are not responsible for his actions. You are you now, and the choices that you make in this life are governed by your free will, and not by the actions of somebody who lived in the past
But I do feel as if I am him, making the same mistakes, living the same life, and looking at the world through his eyes. I feel that I am him, but I am also me... and I do try to change myself to better my future but I keep going back, unknowingly.


I can see what you mean, and I don't disagree with your beliefs but I have a different outlook.


I think I might have to do one of these regression things and see for myself.


Hint: Famous artist... red hair... left handed... known for his depression...
 
Past, present, and future are all interconnected. They are ONE. If you choose not to learn your lessons, you might have to face them over and over again--in this life and in others--until you learn. Life seems to be about learning, changing, and growing.

- Henry Bolduc

This is what I mean.
 
Well, it's not always something that can be fixed overnight. Sometimes it can take a whole lifetime, maybe even more to work through the issues that continue to affect you in this life. But you don't have to make the same mistakes again. It's good that you recognize a pattern running through your lives, and that you have made a choice to do something about it, but it's an ongoing process that you have to keep working at.


You might find this thread interesting to read: Denial, Re-running, & Extreme opposites
 
Hi star_explorer,


Vincent van Gogh. ;) Be careful not to identify with a famous person so much. It is better to embrace the feelings, the emotions and the thoughts you experience in order to move past them. Thinking about who you MIGHT have been is not the reason to do a regression. The depression, anxiety and other emotions are.


Good luck with your journey.
 
Hello Star Explorer,


I'm with ChrisR, he gives you sound advice,


Who you were in a previous incarnation matters little in relation to what you have to learn in this lifetime.


It's ok to have memories or being this that or the other person, but in the final analysis, it is who you are now that is the most important. If there are lessons to be learned from the previous life, then fine. But Soul WILL progress regardless of having to learn or relearn lessons more than once. The bottom line is: you WILL learn the lesson, and then move on. Soul will progress until all of the Earth experience has been transcended, and then you can move onto the next phase of your existence as an immortal being of light.


Have fun in your journey. Don't be too hard on yourself.


Regards


Merlin
 
Back
Top