• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

"Don't hurt my shingles!"

mom3

New Member
My son is eight years old now, but when he was beginning to talk, he said some things that made me wonder about his past lives. Before he turned two, I started talking to him about his private parts and letting him know that only a Dr. was allowed to touch them. He was barely able to say sentences, but he said, "I usah (used to) be uh (a) docker (Dr.)." Until he was potty trained, he would say that to me every time I changed his diaper. The other thing that he said during every diaper change was, "Don't hurt my shingles!" He said this EVERY time I changed his diaper. I asked him what shingles were, but he couldn't tell me, other than telling me not to hurt them. No one had ever used the word "shingles" around him, and I wouldn't imagine that he could have heard it on TV. It was always a mystery to me. When he was old enough to really answer questions, he thought the whole thing was a joke. He didn't really remember saying it, but had heard me telling the story to other people.
 
Welcome and thanks for posting your son's story, Mom3. Your son could have been referring to a PL bout with shingles, which are very painful and can occur along any cranial nerve path, from the torso up to the face.
Did he ever speak of any other PL memories? Keep us posted and enjoy the forum. :)
 
Shingles is caused by the Herpes Zoster (chickenpox) virus. If you have ever had chicken pox, you have the potential to develop this dondition, which usually flares up in response to emotional or physical stress. It is not "catching" in the traditional sense. ;)
 
No, he never really spoke of anything else that seemed like PL memories. Although, once he realized that his comments made me wonder about PL's, he would make up all sorts of stories about his "Past Lives." This was when he was a few years older, of course. I have always thought of him as an old soul. As an infant, he seemed like an old man in a baby's body. Maybe, it was his intelligence I recognized. He has grown up to be gifted in that area. That in itself, though, makes me wonder. Are gifted people remembering part of what they've learned in their past lives?

The funny thing about the shingles is that I got a mild case of them when I was in my late twenties. Well, it definitely wasn't funny when I had them; but it was ironic that I got them, since it's a relatively uncommon disease for a healthy young woman to contract.
 
Back
Top