• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

First past life experience.

Embell

Member
Hello everybody!
I am new here and I just wanted to say that I think this is such a great place. The people are so nice and I am very comfortable posting.

Ok...I had this dream a while back. It took place in 1236 or 1136. Nothing in the dream actually SAID that...I just kind of knew. It was in Scotland. I felt like I was in an important family.

Everyone was wearing purple and I was inside some sort of castle or manor. My name was along the lines of "Anna". I was dressed incredibly nice. In my dream I was inside a stone room. There were tapestries and a fire in a large fireplace.

I think I had a maid or something because some woman who was not wearing purple and was dressed very poorly was brushing my hair. The brush was some sort of course animal hair material or something. I really remember the feel of it on my scalp.

I was angry. My brother and my father were going hunting or something. Maybe they were going off to a battle or traveling. I wanted to go but I was not allowed. I was around 14-16. I went over to an arrow slit and watched them ride off in a large party. The horses had purple and there were coat of arms on flags and the like. It looked very important.

When I woke up I was SOOO homesick. I teared up. I then remembered who I was. It feels like I was her. Everything was SO real that it felt more like a memory than a dream.

I am very interested in past lives. Doreen Virtue has a thing on itunes. I would love to find out my other lives. Is she any good?
Thanks so much. If anyone can explain this strange dream please do so! I really am happy I have found a place to ask all my questions!
-Emma
 
Hi Emma,


Welcome :)


I have not tried Doreen Virtue's cd's personally, so I cannot comment on them. I usually use the Original OM cd by William Buhlman (non-guided), and I know that he has a good guided regression cd as well. I've recommended both to friends and they've had great results using both. ;)


Sunniva compiled a fantastic list of regression and meditation cd's that have been used and recommended by forum staff and members.


It sounds like an interesting and fairly detailed dream. I hope you started a dream journal - they can prove very valuable while you're doing past life work. You may be interested in reading the thread Past Life Dreams: Common Characteristics.


It's great that you want to find out more about your pl's. :D It's definitely an interesting journey.


I'd also recommend reading through some of the threads in the FAQ section, if you haven't had a peek in there yet. There's a lot of great information posted. One thread you may find helpful to start off with is How can I learn about my past lives?


Please keep us posted if you find out anything else!


Ailish
 
Hello Emma,


It would be interesting to see what you uncover and to see what else happened if it was a past life.


Also interesting finding out who the other people with you were Maybe finding out if they are with you again in possibly this life or in yet another life??. This is what I found very intriguing in regression work and also very helpful as it lead me to understand love more.


It can be an exciting journey.


soulfreindly
 
Hi Emma welcome to the forum thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope you will enjoy your time here.
 
Hello Emma and welcome. Ailish gave you some good advice and references. I have the Buhlman CD and it is a good one. I have not heard of the other. Good luck in your journey, you've come to the right place.


Tinkerman
 
Hello Emma and welcome. :)


You had a very interesting dream filled with details, sensations and emotions - sounds like a true past life dream to me. :thumbsup: Like Ailish suggested, I think it would be a good idea to write everything down. Mark a date, too, because you might later realise why you were having that dream right now in your current life.


You'll learn so much already being a member here and browsing through the forum, and if you're eager to learn even more, there are dozens of great books about reincarnation. You'll find recommendations here on this forum.


I think a couple of members have had good experiences with Doreen Virtue's audio files, but I haven't tried them myself. It's a good idea to try different files and meditation/self-regression techniques when trying to learn about and from your past lives.


Good luck and please keep us posted!


Karoliina
 
HI Emma,


Welcome to the forum. Have you looked into specific clothing to help you validate your dates? Your description of the clothing is minimal - so it's hard to tell. Based on what you experienced - does this look familiar?


During 1250 for example - the clothing for men and woman looked like this:


DayClothes1250.jpg



The other thing to research is the color purple. Is it specific to Scotland? To royalty? Hope this helps.
 
Hiya Embell and welcome :)


Thanks for sharing your dream! I look forward to updates.


I just wanted to add that I have used Doreen Virtue's soundfile (downloaded it from iTunes) and in my opinion it's pretty good. I've had success with it, although I've found guided regressions always limit the experience somewhat. However I think it's a great place to start and so is Doreen Virtue's regression cd.


Hope it was any help :)
 
Interesting Embell. Welcome to the forum.


Purple and gold would certainly suggest royalty to me. Purple was very expensive (as was gold) and would only have been available to the very rich - such as royalty.


I would be most interested if you could uncover anything else. Think harder. For example (just as an exercise) were they going hunting or to a battle? If the information is in there, you can retrieve it. Take some time, close your eyes, breathe deeply but softly and let the image come to you (don't ever force it). Usually your first instinct will be the correct one.


You say you wanted to go with them? There would not have been any question of your going with them if they were going to war if you were a girl of couse, back then. Go into the feeling. Do you have any other memories of riding, or hunting, etc. with your brother?


Think about what weapons they were carrying. They wouldn't really be going hunting heavily armed, would they? Were there 20 or 100 men or only a handful? You say they were carrying flags and it all looked "very important". Can you think what might have been on the flags? Perhaps there was an image which might help identify the family?


Once you start thinking about these sorts of details, sometimes more things will float up all by themselves. It is sometimes helpful just to write down what you do remember and other things will sometimes emerge in the process.


Here are a few sites on Scottish clothing etc. I googled for you. See if anything looks familiar:


http://www.janetmcnaughton.ca/ekclothing.html


http://www.albanach.org/scotheraldry.html


http://medievalscotland.org/


There are some great tips around on the forum on how to get more information. This is a good place to start:


How can I find out about my past lives?


Good luck with your explorations.
 
Hi Embell,


Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your dream experience, it was very interesting and the the emotional impact it had on you makes it sound like it may well be a past life memory.


You have quite a lot of detail there to research. If your father and brother were heading off to battle then it was most likely 1136 rather than 1236 as the Scots and the English were enjoying a period of peace during the latter year. Have you tried looking at any pictures of Scottish castles or stately homes? There is a good list of pictures here, there's quite a lot to go through, but you never know, one of them may have a familiar look to you.


Another thing you could research is tartan. Each Scottish clan had their own, although I'm not sure if they did as early as the 12th century, but there are several purple based tartans out there, again, it might trigger something?


I hope you enjoy yourself here, just ask if you need any help with anything.


Chris - :)
 
Back
Top