• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Goldenage - a Roman military leader and a Greek general

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenage

Senior Registered
A relative by marriage in this life came to stay and he provoked the most intense anger in me. I found that he had killed me in a former life with a knife. It seemed he was closely associated with my wife of that time and of this life. The details were however blurry, quite unclear because the event was so spiritually painful.

In brief, the life was in Republican Rome. I had just come home to my estate from some sort of a Triumph, oblong shields, spears, people marching etc. When I walked through the door my stepson came immediately forward to embrace me. As I opened my arms he plunged a knife up through my abdomen and into my heart. My wife of the time fainted away as I fell to the floor but my real problem was not so much the actuality of my death but that I had inadvertently (stupidly) let down my guard to suffer the mortal blow. Through the physical pain my military mind saw that because of a moment of “weakness” I had betrayed the trust that had been placed in me by my supporters and that many people would now suffer as the result of my carelessness. It was a completely humbling experience but one that I had failed to come to terms with until quite recently.
 
Clothing styles

Some initial markers in addition to the "short sword, embossed helmet, sandals, crunching of the marble chips under my feet" are: leather skirt, heavy brass-buckled belt, short sword worn on right side and withdrawn by right hand, large nose (my nose is not all that so big in this life), rough weatherbeaten face, maybe a patterned breast-plate but I did not touch that in the regression so it is a kind of informed guess.

All the other items I physically touched in the regresion just as I now touch this keyboard. The place? Near as I can tell in what is now southwestern Iran.

I was on my way to burn a city as a piece of cold political repression, just to make an example and keep the locals quiet. So someone with the resources and command position to sack a city for such a purpose. I regret to say that I cannot even claim that I was only obeying orders, quite the contrary....One of the Greek sword and sandals bunch I fear.

Robin
 
History

I certainly agree about the notion that recorded history may be biased. After all, it is said that the winners write it, not to mention those in power. So the best we may be able to extract from recorded history is a tentative framework in which the ego or personal self may settle the emotional content of past life insight.

In the particular scene I realized that I was a Greek soldier, a commander of some kind, striding forth to sack a city as a political act to impress the locals. I was completely absorbed in this image and at the suggestion of my guide I reached up to touch my face in order to “see who I was”.

The regression was quite profound, all details were razor-sharp, my face was weather-beaten, rough. Never the less, as my little finger touched my nose I leaped out of the chair in which I was sitting. The reason was that in that military life my nose was big and I shouted out “I have a big nose”! My nose is a more modest size in this (keyboard typing) life. However, at a very deep level I know that that “ancient warrior” also touched his nose, wondered briefly about what he was doing, surprised at a different feeling and the emerging horror as I realized what I was about to do. From a certainty he briefly considered something other than the wholesale slaughter he was about to engage in. In other words I experienced the fact that he had a twinge of conscience.
 
Roman Military Leader

I am a Roman military leader of some note. The identity of the historical figure I narrowed down by referencing the geographical area of the campaigns and paralleling this with political achievements imposed on the structure and function of the army.

Luckily only one person fits the bill so I am reasonably sure of the identity. History says the person died in bed almost immediately after achieving some form of political victory. I remember that I was stabbed. The knife went up through the stomach and into the heart. My then stepson, upon my return to my estate, and in the course of a welcoming embrace, wielded the knife. I know the assailant in this life and dislike him.

I think validate is too strong a word to use when checking past-life material against the historical record.
 
Karmic cross-over

My wife’s younger nephew (this life) , turns out to be her son in an earlier life. In that earlier life she was also my wife and he my step-son.

Into the bargin in that earlier life he assassinated me (a top-dog military officer returning home, somewhere in what is now Florence) by plunging a knife under my ribs and into my heart while pretending to embrace me:(

Needless to say this 3 way interaction has been very stormy in this life. The storm only erupted as he became older and came to live with us for a while. He succeeded in enraging me :mad: over comparatively small matters. Luckily I could just barely contain it or things could have gone the other way without my consciously knowing why. It cost about $2,500 to find the why of it later. Cheap really considering the potential for damage:).


This post and discussion is continued in the thread Shared past life experiences
 
Active time slipping

In visiting several places in Europe and Iran, I often got the feeling that I had been there before but none of them were strong enough to precipitate any form of true past life recall.

When much later in life I first succeeded with a past life recall as the result of regression, the experience was very much the same as several of the accounts given above.

The effect was crystal clear, I was walking along a path, a road more properly, made of crushed white marble, I was very much aware that I was wearing sandals as I could feel the texture of the path through the soles. I could also sense every detail of my clothing and equipment.

There were dejected people to either side of the path that was itself directed at an assemblage off low lying grey-white stone buildings. I knew that there was no need to notice these people because they were a defeated population.

A retinue of officers and others followed on my heels. As I touched my cheek and forehead to know what I was wearing, I had the shock of realising who I was and what was doing and was devastated.

In that ancient land that general and commander also touched his cheek (my former self) in setting his helmet, and at the exact same time suffered a pang of guilt over what he intended (my pain of conscience in this current life).

It was an historical city sacked and pillaged as an act of political terror and I knew it instantly in the context of the regression both in its original and in its current form.

Now just maybe, that commander would not have adjusted his helmet but for my insight (regression). This means he could also be prevailed upon to turn aside from his chosen path of destruction and in which case the city might be spared and what a time-slip that would cause!

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Reincarnation link to time slips
 
South Central Asia

I found myself walking on a road paved with crunchy material. I thought it dried coral for an instant as I was then living in Indonesia and such coral paths are common on the smaller islands. But then my feet told me the surface of the path was crushed marble chips, in south central Asia. I was wearing sandals and had my right hand on the haft of a short sword...not in the line of being killed but on my way to indulge in killing...

The day was brighter than bright, everything, when I focused on it was absolutely clear...in the smallest detail. But the odd thing was that the details only filled in when I concentrated on them. Just like a dream unrolls and jells when one "looks closely" at the internal context. The sole difference being that I knew with dreadful certainty (in the regression) that this was me, that it was an "original" memory. One that belonged to me and to me only, without a shadow of doubt. This was in part because it spoke to some inner tendencies in this life.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top