• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Hi! Newbie with a few questions...

saraP

New Member
Hi, I'm Sara and I'm new to your forum.

I had a few questions. My neice and nephew both talk about their past lives. Or, I should say, used to talk about their past lives. They've somewhat grown out of it. They are 5 and almost 7. E, the girl used to talk about her other grandma whom she called Grandma Kay and said that she used to cook with her all the time. She also talked about her Jim and said that he was her "mean brother." N, the boy, says he had a dead brother. My family chalked it up to just being imaginary friends, but I knew instantly what they were talking about and was very intrigued.

I have a son and a daughter who are 3 and 10 months respectively and I was wondering when a good time to ask them about their past lives would be? I asked my son once and he didn't have much of a response. I also think that he could sense that I felt weird about asking him the question (because my husband doesn't really believe in anything and I don't want him to do his "oh how funny that you believe that stuff" attitude. How to get around that? I'm just going to have to become comfortable in my own beliefs, I guess.)

Also, I'm wondering about their birthmarks. My son was born with a stork bite (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001388.htm) on his forehead and on the nape of his neck and it didn't go away until he was well past 2 (they usually go away by 18 months, still has the one on the nape of his neck) and a oblong brown birthmark on his elbow. My daughter has the stork bite on the nape of her neck, but not nearly as prominent as my son and also has a large, strawberry birth mark on her lower back and abdomen. It almost looks like she had a puncture wound on her back and it came out her abdomen. When people see her back, they're startled thinking she got hurt, not knowing it's a birthmark. Her great-grandmother claims to have a birthmark on her stomach similar to the one S has.

Also a third question and I could be waaaaay off base here, but can the interests you take while pregnant have something to do with the child's past life? I seem to remember a friend of mine who thinks he was a Shaolin monk in a former life and is obsessed with all things Chinese. He said his mother craved Chinese food every single day and her local Chinese restaurant expected her everyday. When I was pregnant with my son, I wanted only vegetarian meals, preferrably Indian. I was always in a good mood and looked radiant. My son is the most agreeable, handsome little guy. With my daughter, I wanted Mexican food every single day and for some reason wanted to learn Spanish. I actually picked up quite a bit.

I have more questions that pertain to my former lives, but alas, that is another thread. Thanks!:thumbsup:
 
Hi Sara,
Welcome to the Forum.

As you observed with your niece and nephew, past life memories are easily accessible to children before the age of 7. They come up spontaneously. During that period, you might ask them if they remember when they were big before, or something like that. Either they'll recall, or they won't. No harm done. After that, it's much more difficult for them to remember specifics, although the past life experiences can affect us throughout our lives.

I would suggest that you just observe your own kids and if they say or do anything that seems to be past life related, ask them about it. Or, if they say anything, keep the conversation going. (I talk about this in my first book.)

About the birthmarks: they may have something to do with past life injuries or deaths, but unless the child says anything specific related to the past, you really can't tell for sure. But there can be a correlation.

I have observed, and Dr. Stevenson's research supports, that specific food cravings and experiences during pregnancy can be more about the incoming soul than about the mother. Mothers tend to pick up impressions from the baby during pregnancy that are normally uncharacteristic for the mother. So your musing is not far-fetched at all.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Carol
 
Hi SaraP,
Welcome to the forum. I live with that same kind of husband. No matter what our now 6 year old son tells him, he can find a way to dismiss it. So, I really enjoy seeing my husband come out of our son's room, all pale, after our son has told him some really freaky past life memory or about talking to spirits etc.
I do kind of feel sorry for him though because i think he thinks there might be something wrong with our son. I'm glad that I am certain that there is nothing wrong.
If you read around this site or Carol's books, you'll find out that this is really normal at this age.
My son also told me about his birthmark below his eye. He said that he was a Red Coat and they were fighting some Indians and the French and an Indian shot him below the eye with an arrow. It looks like that could be the case when you see the birthmark.
Vicky
 
Hello Sara and welcome to the forum!:)

Thanks for sharing you story with us!
I suggest you read Carol's books Children's Past Lives and Return From Heaven.

I hope you enjoy the discussions here and i also look forward to read about your PL memories.
 
saraP said:
When I was pregnant with my son, I wanted only vegetarian meals, preferrably Indian. I was always in a good mood and looked radiant. My son is the most agreeable, handsome little guy. .....
I have more questions that pertain to my former lives, but alas, that is another thread. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Does your son talk about any past lives, perhaps in India?
 
SaraP, Try asking your son about what he used to do before he came to you when you both are relaxed, like at his bedtime or after a bath. (Thanks Carol, for that suggestion in one of your books, I think)
My daughter (now 5) never talked about previous lives, but we had some great fun conversations 2 years ago about before birth, when she was with God & the angels in heaven :)
I don't think I suggested what she should believe - but I regret I didn't write everything down right after the conversation. Now I just remember in general.


Carol said:
I have observed, and Dr. Stevenson's research supports, that specific food cravings and experiences during pregnancy can be more about the incoming soul than about the mother. Mothers tend to pick up impressions from the baby during pregnancy that are normally uncharacteristic for the mother. So your musing is not far-fetched at all.

Oh, that's a new piece of info for me - of course I knew pregnant women tends to have peculiar tastes for food, but didn't connect with the incoming soul/growing fetus. Reminds me of the transplant memories thread; http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/childrens-night-terrors.335/page-2#post-6130
Seems to work in a similar way.
 
Back
Top