• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

History repeats itself

Armada

Old Soul
In the memory of my most recent past life, there were two people I knew then who I know are two people who I know now. The funny thing is that they were together then, and are together now was well. I find it amusing how history tends to repeat itself...
It also makes me smile, and hopeful that this time they won't have the life they manage to build together cut short by an early death.
Sometimes I wonder if I should tell them, but in all my 6 years of knowing J and 3 years of knowing C in this life I have never said a word about it.

Anyway, apart from the early deaths this memory is a fairly good one. I first remembered it in this lifetime about the same week J and I first met C...
I was standing in an apartment building in the late 80's to early 90's, up on one of the higher floors. I knew for some reason that it was my birthday, and that I was waiting for someone as I got up and paced around the kitchenette and lounge room (A habit that I still possess when waiting). As I was pacing I didn't notice J and C let themselves in and walk up the hall and into the lounge room, J greeting me first and startling me a little with his ability to sneak up on me (Which he still does -_-'). They were my flat mates. C had short, black hair which was flicked out at the ends as opposed to the long, ash-blonde hair she has now. As well as her eyes being a deep blue instead of the misty grey-ish blue she has in this lifetime. Her freckles were missing, she was thinner and much paler... But I could still tell that it was her. J was shorter, his eyes were a light brown instead of light green-ish blue and he wore some seriously dorky clothes. There were a few boxes around the apartment that hadn't been unpacked yet too. We all talked for a bit about where they had been that morning and what we were going to do that day, when C handed me a wrapped gift saying 'Happy birthday' and giving J one of those happy couple under the arm hugs. J just smiled and they both watched as I tore through the wrapping paper, immediately flicking through the pages and not bothering to so much as look at the cover as soon as I realized that it was a book. It was bigger than an A5, but smaller than an A4 and not thick, but not thin either. Inside were both words and pictures, two images sticking out the most. One of Aleister Crowley and one of a Bogle. It was a book on the occult and mythology (Which are subjects I still have interest in). After that I thanked them, and we left to go and get something to eat.
For some reason I cannot recall, but just know that I died in that life not long after when the apartment caught fire.
I've had quite a few dreams since of what I know was the building our apartment was in burning, the view of it being from outside and high above the ground as if I were already dead and nothing more than a spirit.
I don't know if J and/or C died the same way, or a different way not long after... But I do know that they died around the same time at a young age. All of us having been around 20 in the memory of my birthday.
 
Do you have any sense of what country, or town the apartment building was in? Sometimes, after a traumatic death, a person has a phobia connected to the cause of death. Do you fear fire more than the average person?
 
Not particularly, and I think maybe that's part of why the actual death is not something I remember in detail. I do have a very strong preference for the cold in this lifetime though, I can't stand the heat. C does, but I've never really even seen J around fire before... Perhaps there's a reason for that.


From what I can tell it was an English speaking country in the city, but that's about it.


If it was in a language that I didn't know in this lifetime I wouldn't have been able to hear what was being said, as ones from a now foreign language are always mute.
 
Armada said:
If it was in a language that I didn't know in this lifetime I wouldn't have been able to hear what was being said, as ones from a now foreign language are always mute.
I wonder if this rather astute observation applies to most dreamers, and we weren't aware of this phenomenon? I think you have touched on something that could be important in dream interpretation, Armada. Is anyone else aware of this?
 
*Shrugs* Maybe it's just me... The feel of what's going on still seems to be clear though, so what's happening is easy enough to tell.
 
I think you have a point about this. I have recurring dreams about hiding in the hills with my children. It's obviously not the U.S., and no one ever says a word.
 
Thank you for sharing Armada! Your memories are very clear and vivid.


Do you know what era you lived in in that past life? Are J & C a couple in this life as well?
 
Obie said:
Thank you for sharing Armada! Your memories are very clear and vivid.
Do you know what era you lived in in that past life? Are J & C a couple in this life as well?
Yes and yes, it was up in the first post. :) It's kind of funny actually, people always say they're so similar apart from gender. I kind of have the suspicion that they might even be twin souls.
 
I'm very much into the philosophy of 'everything happens for a reason and there is no such thing as coincidence', but most days it gets overlooked. The other day though because I haven't seen C in a little while, I ways thinking of calling her to catch up when I remembered what could be a very important coincidence...


C has always sounded like she has an American accent, despite the fact she is Australian, none of her relatives are American and she has never been to America. I'm starting to wonder if it could lead me to a location based on the odd way she has of talking, like the unusual hatred towards Francis Drake lead me to the name of a ship which I might not have found otherwise...
 
Back
Top