• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

How Do People Walk Into Their Past Lives While Awake?

TheCuriousOne

Always Searching...
I've heard of people who were just doing something casual like taking a walk, or sitting on a bench in the park, and all of a sudden they would find themselves in another time and in another body. As far as I know, these people were not hypnotised.

How do they do this? Do they have some kind of ultra-high spirit or something? I read one of Deborah's old threads titled "Triggers" where she said, and I quote,
"I kept walking, but as I walked -- in my third eye vision -- as if there was a tear in fabric with holographic images coming through, I began to see a truck, with round head lights from the 1940's. It was covered in ash...with rubble all around it and behind it. A bomb had just been dropped--- I realized it was World War II --- I was in Italy - in a town near my home, my consciousness was not in 2001 - but in about 1940!

I continued to walk to the garage, but within my vision,I stumbled on the rumble, and I caught myself with my hands {in another body, I was wearing a skirt..but that day at school -- I wore pants"

I've also heard of a thing called a "time slip" where people have claimed to go back in time to another era. If you google "Time Slip Stories" you will come across a few accounts on this phenomenon.
 
I imagine it's different for everybody. For myself, physically I may be looking at a 2009 Ford Explorer, but my every perception (mind's eye or what have you) will see a 1953 Plymouth Cranbrook, for example. My tympanic membrane may pick up music from the car next to me blasting "They see me rollin', they be hatin'...", but my mind will clearly hear "I go out walkin' after midnight, out in the moonlight...". The sensations that come along with such things register sometimes more vividly than any doses of "reality" that is going on around you. I've dealt with phantom smells, such as the smell of roses in a room with no flowers, but they don't evoke any other image. However, I have once smelled the distinct salty air of the sea and swore I felt the coastal breeze and heard seagulls somewhere... in Arizona. I could sense a nearby port and knew I had to get there soon or I'd miss my ship and my job.


Very rarely have I had a full-on visual trip back. Like a dream it seemed to last a lot longer than it actually did, which is good because I was driving at the time!


How it happens is that it takes your mind off guard, in my opinion. You're going about your mundane day when something pops up that triggers a memory (in my driving case, it was a yellow Packard Clipper). Next thing you know it's just like being there. You have your physical, biological sensations, then you have what I guess you'd call your "psychic" sensations. Both can seem equally real.
 
I think what people mean is that they had a flashback of some kind and it was strong enough (or they were able to hold on to it long enough) they could "explore" it in their minds. I've had a couple of things like that happen to me but it's really not a huge deal, it probably sounds way more exciting than it really is. Maybe it'll happen to you too when you find something that triggers it!


As to time lapses, I don't think they're past life related at all. IIRC in the famous Versailles case neither of the women had that much of an interest in the last times of the Ancient Regime and they both experienced the time lapse at a different time. If those are real then the main theory is more that something went wonky with reality, not that it's about past life regressions.
 
Back
Top