• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

How do you know it's a past life?

  • Thread starter Thread starter thenothing
  • Start date Start date
T

thenothing

Guest
With kids, how do you know it's a past life and not just imagination? I know a 2 year old who has 'made up' new names for himself and his parents. My first thought was that it could be from his past life. But since the family doesn't believe in any life after death, soul, or anything of that sort, I didn't want to say anything. And I couldn't talk to the kid about it because he speaks a different language than I do. So how do you know it's from a past life?
 
Hi thenothing,

Welcome to the forum! Have you read Carol Bowman's first book, Children's Past Lives? She gives excellent examples of how to distinguish between child's play and past lives. One suggestion she gives is that when children are telling a story, they do it in a more sing-song animated way. But, when relating a past life, they become very serious.

Maybe your friend's child was not making up names but relating names he remembered from a past life. It sounds to me like your intuition said it was past life related.

You also said you didn't tell your friend's parents because they don't beleive in reincarnation. Many people who now believe in past lives didn't until they learned it through their children sharing experiences.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Susie

------------------
Free will allows me to choose my path, but my Higher Power lights the way....
 
Well, since I don't know the kid very well, I can only say that from the little time I've had around the kid, he gets very serious about things when I interact with him. Although we really can't interact, I don't speak the kid's language, so everything has to be translated.
 
Back
Top