Lestat
Member
Hello,
I can remember several past lives, but I've suffered the most from my most recent past life. After the first memoires I could tell I was a high sensitive person (HSP). But when I got more memoires and feelings from that life, I discovered I was very very sensitive for and aware of other people's feelings. I could feel other people's emotions, even when they didn't know they had that emotion. I've also a memory in which I healed the stomach ache from someone I really loved (my boyfriend during my teens).
When I saw a television show (not a reality show) in which empaths were discussed, I recognized it from my past life. I did before that moment not think of the term empath, but now I had something to google. So I googled it and came across an article "7 signs that you're an empath" and yes, it sounded very familiar to me. So I really think I was an empath in my past life. An empath in the sense of having a paranormal gift.
However, it wasn't a nice life. I suffered a lot, not only from my empath side, but also other things. Perhaps worst of all, I couldn't handle my empath talent and most of the time I just wanted to forget about it and I didn't do anything with it. I didn't help a lot of people or something. Though I know I had it in me to do so. It just couldn't do it, because of my personal issues and the way most other people treated me. I was always a very modest and insecure person, but at some point in my life I did really hate myself. There were also too few people in my life who could give me any love, which I needed so badly. People didn't accept me the way I really was. I was a male person, and well... people just didn't expect and appreciate it that I was as a man that sensitive and that I did cry a lot (mostly I cried for other people and because I was overwhelmed by everything and my personal life which I didn't like). My wife (whom I've never fallen in love with) was annoyed by me and only wanted to stop "the crying thing".
I actually did try to stop it all, but I couldn't. I hadn't any self respect and wanted other people to be happy, so I acrossed all my boundaries to try to become the person they wanted/expected to be. I failed at it very badly. And I did lost some basis in myself to handle my empath power. I had always struggle with it but during my childhood and teens I could handle it, less or more. As an adult, I couldn't.
If I think about it now, I feel like I have wasted my gift. Of course I did some things with it and gave a lot of love to other people. I just couldn't do it at some point, because all my love was given away, and I didn't receive much in return (also not from myself), so I did have a "burn out". I can only think now what if other people in my life did accept me more or what if I did love myself, or what if the spirit of time wasn't that much against me... then, I think, I could live a happier life, and then I'm sure I could have found a basis for my empath power and do more with it. It just feels like it is wasted. And that I have failed at it.
I'm not an empath in this life and don't have any ambition to work with people. I have other talents and ambitions (great ambitions, believe me). It's not that I'm the opposite of an empath, I do recognize some things in it, but I don't think it is my main talent and my goal in my life. From a logical point of view, it had made more sense if I was also an empath now.
So, well, yes... I don't know. Does anyone recognize something in my post? Any thoughts or experiences with talents or paranormal gifts in past lives?
Thanks for reading.
I can remember several past lives, but I've suffered the most from my most recent past life. After the first memoires I could tell I was a high sensitive person (HSP). But when I got more memoires and feelings from that life, I discovered I was very very sensitive for and aware of other people's feelings. I could feel other people's emotions, even when they didn't know they had that emotion. I've also a memory in which I healed the stomach ache from someone I really loved (my boyfriend during my teens).
When I saw a television show (not a reality show) in which empaths were discussed, I recognized it from my past life. I did before that moment not think of the term empath, but now I had something to google. So I googled it and came across an article "7 signs that you're an empath" and yes, it sounded very familiar to me. So I really think I was an empath in my past life. An empath in the sense of having a paranormal gift.
However, it wasn't a nice life. I suffered a lot, not only from my empath side, but also other things. Perhaps worst of all, I couldn't handle my empath talent and most of the time I just wanted to forget about it and I didn't do anything with it. I didn't help a lot of people or something. Though I know I had it in me to do so. It just couldn't do it, because of my personal issues and the way most other people treated me. I was always a very modest and insecure person, but at some point in my life I did really hate myself. There were also too few people in my life who could give me any love, which I needed so badly. People didn't accept me the way I really was. I was a male person, and well... people just didn't expect and appreciate it that I was as a man that sensitive and that I did cry a lot (mostly I cried for other people and because I was overwhelmed by everything and my personal life which I didn't like). My wife (whom I've never fallen in love with) was annoyed by me and only wanted to stop "the crying thing".
I actually did try to stop it all, but I couldn't. I hadn't any self respect and wanted other people to be happy, so I acrossed all my boundaries to try to become the person they wanted/expected to be. I failed at it very badly. And I did lost some basis in myself to handle my empath power. I had always struggle with it but during my childhood and teens I could handle it, less or more. As an adult, I couldn't.
If I think about it now, I feel like I have wasted my gift. Of course I did some things with it and gave a lot of love to other people. I just couldn't do it at some point, because all my love was given away, and I didn't receive much in return (also not from myself), so I did have a "burn out". I can only think now what if other people in my life did accept me more or what if I did love myself, or what if the spirit of time wasn't that much against me... then, I think, I could live a happier life, and then I'm sure I could have found a basis for my empath power and do more with it. It just feels like it is wasted. And that I have failed at it.
I'm not an empath in this life and don't have any ambition to work with people. I have other talents and ambitions (great ambitions, believe me). It's not that I'm the opposite of an empath, I do recognize some things in it, but I don't think it is my main talent and my goal in my life. From a logical point of view, it had made more sense if I was also an empath now.
So, well, yes... I don't know. Does anyone recognize something in my post? Any thoughts or experiences with talents or paranormal gifts in past lives?
Thanks for reading.