• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Internal Imbalances

Mammatus

A Squid With a Rocketship
Okay, well, I thought this was an extremely interesting memory. But backstory time for now.

I do NOT get along well with my mother. I love her and all, but we are two entirely different people and our beliefs, ideals, thougths, everything are always clashing. She seems to have a knack for ticking me off easily, albeit the fact that I need anger management anyway.

She always talks about how reading about the Holocaust makes her feel weird like "this happened before", but she doesn't express a real belief in reincarnation. She considers it a possibility though.

She thinks she could've been a Gypsy, but I honestly think that's just wishful thinking. But then again, who am I to talk, ya know?

Anyway, one evening when I got extremely mad at her, I had a flash of a memory from my WWII PL during my time working in Dachau:

It was night, and in full uniform had gone to "visit" another officer (I want to say Eichmann, but I'm not entirely sure). We were having some internal problems at the camp and I was in a particularly foul mood at that moment. When I knocked angrily on the door, it was opened by a small boy in a prisoner uniform. He led me inside and in very broken German asked me to wait while he went and got the officer I had come to see. I tapped my foot impatiently against the wooden floor as the boy disappeared. I was definitely going to give that man an earful. As I was waiting, another man in his 60s perhaps and very worn looking, came through the area that I was waiting in (it was sort of like a kitchen in a basement, but not exactly). He was carrying a basket of what I believe to have been tomatoes. A movement I had made caused him to jump in surprise and dump the contents of the basket all over the floor.

"Pick it up," I barked, glaring at him. He knelt to the ground and began picking up the food and putting it in the basket while looking at me in fright. Apparently he must've not been picking things up fast enough for me. I pushed him to the ground farther with my boot and pointed at a nearby tomato (?).

"Pick.It.Up."

As he reached for it slowly, my foul mood caused me to kick him swiftly in the ribs.

"I told you to pick it up you filthy swine!" I brought my boot down on the fruit as the officer I had come to see entered the from my left. I wiped my boot across the ground before giving the prisoner another glare........

There were some uh, other things I said too, but I've ommitted them, as they're largely offensive.

But I thought this was an interesting memory to say the least. I want to try and explain the uniform I was wearing, but I fail heinously at those intricacies.

One of the things I thought was somewhat interesting about this is what my mom had said, on top of my sub-conciously feeling like I can exercise authority over her : angel
I swear that I don't try to though.


I do vaguely remember being at this officer's house before and the same prisoner was getting towels or some such nonsense out of a closet and wasn't doing it fast enough. And so I stood there yelling at him and wacked him a couple times. I think he was Jewish, but I could be wrong. Which kind of explains my slight hostility towards the one Jewish man in "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas", the one that repeatedly patches Bruno up :freak:

But anyway, what do you guys think?
 
If you can't explain.. (Like me..) you can always draw the uniform.... Just sayin'... : angel


Any way, about Dachau camp.. You were there before the war or during?


As I've found out, from Wiki unfortunately.. So I don't know how accurate it is.. Dachau was the earliest Concentration Camp, opened during 1933.. As you know...


But my question is, how old were you? Because I heard that students from the nearby school work there during their spare time as.... Curricular activities....>.>
 
It was before the war. I would've been 20 in 1936, so it's very possible that was the case.
 
If so.. You would've been in the same school as me......>.>


When did you graduate? If you went to school...
 
I don't really any knowledge of whether or not I did go to school, so I have no clue when I graduated in the event that I did.


My subconscious doesn't want to cooperate. It just wants to give me dreams about getting two dogs named "Vodka" and "Borsch" :freak:
 
..Why do dreams keep giving us beer ads...? =="


To be a SS, you don't really need to go to school. I heard that some soldiers weren't even literate. You just need to have a good bloodline.


But some do attend finishing schools. Do tell if you get more! :D
 
Back
Top